Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

1 hour ago, BikeBrother said:

I already thought about a meeting for dutch/german/belgium riders in our area to make a ride and compare bikes. Can be a day or even a camping weekend.

Not the upcoming 6 weeks.
One week working and last preparations, then 3 weeks on the road followed by two 6 day work weeks.
Those last 2 weeks can but only on Sunday.
In September i'm thinking on going another week, maybe TET Italy or Andorra and Spain.

• Like 1

Today i got the rear done, changed the chain set, wheel bearings, tyre, brakepads and the chain roller.
Before i started i made a run to the landfill or als they call it here "environmental park" because everything is separated and recycled if possible.
Had 5 tyres and 17 litres old oil to get rid off, had some looks with the Crosstourer with a pile of tyres on the back. 4 high and one twisted inside that because it got too high for my strap.
Tomorrow the front is up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BikeBrother said:

I already thought about a meeting for dutch/german/belgium riders in our area to make a ride and compare bikes. Can be a day or even a camping weekend.

I spent the last week in the Ardennes in the car enviously looking at all the tracks that lead of into the forests. Perfect T7 territory. 

Next year will have to hatch a plan to get the bike over.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, electric_monk said:

I spent the last week in the Ardennes in the car enviously looking at all the tracks that lead of into the forests. Perfect T7 territory. 

The sad truth: Riding into the forest is almost everywhere strictly forbidden in Belgium  🙁

20 minutes ago, electric_monk said:

I did the TET Belgium  a few weeks ago and had a whopping 2 km offroad.
Thought we had a lot of dirt closed but it turns out we have a pretty decent TET.

the way i see people riding the tet in the netherlands we wont be having a lot of dirt roads open fast.

simply a mater of respect each other. and often its the adrenaline of the gearhead that loses.

[gearhead i mean motorcyclist that does only think of themself or speed]

i mean its not that i don't love speed or don't go for it. its just when.

btw got new tires to day.

motoz tractionator rallz 150 rear.

bridstone 41x adventure front. [seems to last longer than the motoz rallz's front]

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoreCass said:

the way i see people riding the tet in the netherlands we wont be having a lot of dirt roads open fast.

simply a mater of respect each other. and often its the adrenaline of the gearhead that loses.

[gearhead i mean motorcyclist that does only think of themself or speed]

i mean its not that i don't love speed or don't go for it. its just when.

btw got new tires to day.

motoz tractionator rallz 150 rear.

bridstone 41x adventure front. [seems to last longer than the motoz rallz's front]

That's sad but true, mostly enduro riders who think they're in a race.
I slow down when i see people and extra with animals but people getting more and more selfish and it's not only the gearheads.
Slowing down helps a lot but there are still lots of people who think their hobby's are more valuable then ours because theirs is a quit one.

• Like 1

Re another topic, did you seem to lose any bottom end power Daryl ??

Being respectful and polite is essential for more acceptance for our hobby. I love speed and the sound of a nice bike, but I always try to slow down and give way for others (at least pedestrians and cyclists, but often cars as well). Not only on offroad tracks, but also in town. I hope it creates more respect and empathy for us.

*To be honest, I'd rather rev it up and go all the time. But I'm not a 18yo idiot any more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevoh said:

Re another topic, did you seem to lose any bottom end power Daryl ??

Not that I have noticed. 

Just posted a blog about the works this weekend including lots of pictures.

2 additional pictures just for here, this is how i ran my hose for the Osco oiler to the front sprocket.
IMG_20220702_123226.jpg.51f91df60ec4912cd3ab6febe180ab09.jpg

IMG_20220702_181115.jpg.84d29eb913718fa2aaed5cf4bf5491c3.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/1/2022 at 12:05 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

What?????
Yeah, maybe... just maybe on my Crosstourer now the T7 is the main bike but on the T i'm happy i get 3 months on a rear and 5 to 6 out of the front.

I meant as an average over all motorcyclists, as there's a heck of a lot who will get many years out of a set of tires because they're filthy casuals fair weather hobbiest riders. 

I mean, personally, I run through 2-4 sets of (high mileage!) tires per year.  My Tracer 900GT sees a minimum of two sets, and my Tenere 700 is already on it's second set and I bought it in October.   If I had a lot more money than I do, and I ran sport rubber on the Tracer that doesn't get 12k per set, it'd be a lot worse.   Thankfully, the Tenere's Motoz GPS tires are holding up exceptionally well.  But I recognize that the vast majority of people aren't obsessed with riding like some of us are.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, DT675 said:

I agree.  I was going to do a write-up on just that but I'll piggy back your comment instead.  I had earlier made my own pre-load spacers and it helped dive “a little” but made the action a bit more harsh too.  This past winter I finally put in the correct springs for my weight (just the next size up if I remember correctly) and it made a very nice noticeable difference.  Not only do I get less brake dive, it allowed me to be able to reduce my compression dampening too, giving me a nicer ride on the road.  Win win all round.   

Absolutely.  For me, it was profound - I'm a 330lb guy these days, and the stock springs would simply not handle that + gear at all, so I had really cranked up the compression damping which helped a little with the dive but mostly just made it harsh.   With the biggest, beefiest springs on the market, though, I've got the compression dialed waaaaay softer and the ride is immensely better.   

Interestingly, the switch to correct springs on my Tracer didn't matter anywhere near as much - it improved the ride, but not really a lot.  But on the T7?  Those stock springs are so soft, and the stroke so long, the front end just straight up collapses under even mild braking.   Even just riding on road, it's night and day different.

15 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Being respectful and polite is essential for more acceptance for our hobby. I love speed and the sound of a nice bike, but I always try to slow down and give way for others (at least pedestrians and cyclists, but often cars as well). Not only on offroad tracks, but also in town. I hope it creates more respect and empathy for us.

*To be honest, I'd rather rev it up and go all the time. But I'm not a 18yo idiot any more.

Straight up hooligan here.  I love me some wheelies, I love to go very fast, I love to ride.   But you can have your cake, eat it, and not be an asshole too 😃

I make a point of always letting people in, always yield to pedestrians and cyclists, and I don't tear past them at crazy speed.  I honestly don't care what image I present of motorcyclists overall - I'm unconcerned about what some random guy on the street thinks of me or decides to think of others after seeing me.  But on a bike or in a car, I find being courteous to others has a pretty good chance of making their day a little bit better, and ultimately tends to be a lot safer to boot.   God knows, I really appreciate those guys that pull to the side of the road to let me pass them when I'm tearing down a twisty road, or whatever else.  Small kindnesses go a long ways.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Straight up hooligan here.  I love me some wheelies, I love to go very fast, I love to ride.   But you can have your cake, eat it, and not be an asshole too 😃

I make a point of always letting people in, always yield to pedestrians and cyclists, and I don't tear past them at crazy speed.  I honestly don't care what image I present of motorcyclists overall - I'm unconcerned about what some random guy on the street thinks of me or decides to think of others after seeing me.  But on a bike or in a car, I find being courteous to others has a pretty good chance of making their day a little bit better, and ultimately tends to be a lot safer to boot.   God knows, I really appreciate those guys that pull to the side of the road to let me pass them when I'm tearing down a twisty road, or whatever else.  Small kindnesses go a long ways.

Well said!

On 7/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, DazR said:

Fitted a new exhaust and link pipe. Sounds 👍

exhaust1.png

Very cool Daz

I spent the last 2 days installing a new pipe and the aftermarket indicators to allow for it.  The factory indicators were right in the exhaust stream.  The pipe took 20 minutes and that was being fussy, the indicators all the rest.  Don't ever let anyone tell you modding the OEM guard is simple, there are like 16 screws and nuts and even then it's held together by the wiring loom.  Pain in the ARSE! 

Fitting the two big ceramic resistors for the little LED blinkers was fun too, not a lot of room in between the plastic pieces.  Anyway it's done and I can relax.

indi-01.jpg

indi-02.jpg

indi-04.jpg

indi-06.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, winddown said:

I spent the last 2 days installing a new pipe and the aftermarket indicators to allow for it.  The factory indicators were right in the exhaust stream.  The pipe took 20 minutes and that was being fussy, the indicators all the rest.  Don't ever let anyone tell you modding the OEM guard is simple, there are like 16 screws and nuts and even then it's held together by the wiring loom.  Pain in the ARSE! 

Fitting the two big ceramic resistors for the little LED blinkers was fun too, not a lot of room in between the plastic pieces.  Anyway it's done and I can relax.

indi-01.jpg

indi-02.jpg

indi-04.jpg

indi-06.jpg

Nice job though! I agree somehow: Had to fix the blinker connectors on mine... really annoying job.

The S1000RR in the back seems a nice complementary bike for your T7 😁

• Like 1

Yeah, I gotta ride that again soon before it gets jealous lol.  I haven't ridden all week (I'm retired) and now it's bloody raining and will rain all night!  Never mind, tomorrow I'll open the roller door and warm it up, see what it sounds like.

• Like 1

Looking to produce hybrid mini bikes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

15 hours ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Got the t7 a mate.

Nice, nice and light too!  120kg or there abouts.  I hadn't realized these larger ones were about the same weight as the 250 class

Edited by winddown
  • Like 1