Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

On 3/26/2020 at 4:18 PM, Canomball said:

I am thinking to buy the Acerbis X-Factory but i am not sure if it is usufull for Tenere 700

8 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Think this was the 19mm front axel key for the 990.

Sorry for off topic post.

Might save someone’s weekend.37AD49BF-76F7-4C6A-85FB-EC34E371F12E.thumb.jpeg.7ea5aed5342f8bcb838fb0347b9044bd.jpeg

Neat trick!

Reminds me of a YouTube video Bret Tacks did about his adventure toolkit where he uses a spark-plug box spanner on his BMW front axle which has a similar setup to our T7s'. 

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I haven't been off road but have them off the bike and the bike has 2100 road miles.. 

It's just the paint at the moment no feeling of any scoring. 

Aleks 

IMG_20200327_182920.jpg

would anyone have the spacer sizes please

2 hours ago, CReamflourish said:

Neat trick!

Reminds me of a YouTube video Bret Tacks did about his adventure toolkit where he uses a spark-plug box spanner on his BMW front axle which has a similar setup to our T7s'. 

My ktm 350 spark plug box spanner is a perfect fit for the t7 front axle so one tool does both bikes. 

• Like 1

Removed the side fork reflective round panels and reinstalled the brackets 😊

IMG-20200328-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

^ substantial and study 😃

today i have done to my t7 the following (well, not exactly today, but recently)

i am very much involved in the german health system so do not be cross if i do not answer very soon do eventual questions.

-rims excel 1,85“ and 2,5“ front and rear. used oem whel hubs, kept my original wheel set with single disc for road work. 

-sc projects decat full titan system, air filter and injection system not touched. no need to dial into this end as power delivery similar to orignal. exhaust note not louder than akra with db eater. 

-touratech extreme suspension made by tractive suspension 30 mm more travel around. no more bottoming out riding aggressively off road, but not done any major jumps yet. 

suspension wise with this set up the t7 needs a more direct, speedy and aggressive riding style like say a ktm 790 adv r to take advantage of this investment of roughly 2800 euros. 

engine wise it is still the same bike, very forgiving , easy to ride in touring- or knocking-on-heavens-door mode. 

i like the versatility of this engine more than the 790 engine, it just suits my needs much more. 

cosmetically my t7 is not yet finished, the perforated panels are not yet to my full liking. maybe have to work on their shape and or paint. 

next step is a 5cm/2“ higher seat. 

stay fit and healthy, cheers,

wolfram

A4447325-9270-47A8-A0F4-DD3D89C2571F.jpeg

1BDED240-854E-498D-9A5E-586A0D1E0887.jpeg

1BFEBCEF-283E-4759-B6E0-0BE53B5ACCC7.jpeg

835882ED-ED4A-465C-9361-7677CA23415D.jpeg

9CA08D17-643E-4961-9328-4700007B67A5.jpeg

F91BBD60-8385-4A3D-BC0D-58DA8C9DD9F5.jpeg

• Like 7

the 790 is a real bumble bee in comparison. handling wise due to the low center of gravity the ktm is better. the t7 in my setup feels more top heavy. when on the move this is no more of importance. 

the t7 is significantly less wide and thus more suitable for narrow (single) tracks and the great wide open at the same time. whereas the t7  fits both, the 790 is very wide low down, forest tracks are not her favourite. her habitat is only the  fast move and not the slow technical stuff. at the end of the day it is always riders‘ capabilities of course. 

i must say that the original untouched t7 is already a very capable machine. 

mine has become a more difficult to ride beast, you have to like it, otherwise you better stick to the original one. 

i have never liked the original stuff and cannot put up with things you just buy and hop on and ride. 

cheers,

wolf

• Like 3

If you add 2800 for suspension maybe another 1500 for tubeless wheels set up a slipper clutch another 600 in the 3nd you have spent the same amount of money. The T700 seems to be an easier to ride bike for a less experienced rider with very smooth engine and more reliable...Ktm 790 seems less reliable and this is big hit blow for a 15.500 euro bike...Ktm is a better all around bike with more fuel mileage...maybe more aggressive but in the end more bike...

Edited by al700
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If one would buy a KTM, one would still spend the same amount of money on various improvements and aftermarket parts.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

25 minutes ago, Totti said:

If one would buy a KTM, one would still spend the same amount of money on various improvements and aftermarket parts.

Or more likely, repairs when out of warranty 😆

KTM = Keep Throwing Money 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Totti said:

Honestly I am not so sure about that. Ok they will buy an aftermarket bashplate or even crash bars not needed but inserting tubes into a tubeless set up sounds easier than the other way round. It's true though that more money and energy will be wasted to sort some sort of faults on the KTM side. but performance wise the 790R is a lot more bike and of course different one. If one needs a simpe bike then Tenere 700 is the perfect machinery. Not everyone needs 95hp or gizmo techs like lean sensitive traction control etc. 

On 11/5/2019 at 6:25 AM, JamesE said:

Hi Aleks, sorry for the late reply. With the OS Base, they just go straight over the seat, no mounting plates. But if you have the pannier racks you can get a Kriega plate which mounts to that. Here are a few pictures but I've also just done a massive review on the bags which have loads of pictures. 

20191020_114602.jpg?fit=4032%2C3024&ssl=

Tested on the Yamaha Ténéré 700 This review contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay anything more, but we do get a small commission from that website to help keep us riding. …

20191019_162701.jpg

20191101_1015552.jpg

Hi James,  what size are your Kriega bags...6 or 12....?  Cheers,  Steve 

16 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Hi James,  what size are your Kriega bags...6 or 12....?  Cheers,  Steve 

Hi Steve, Those are 2 12L bags.

• Like 1

9to5adv.com

On 3/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, tonyubsdell said:

today i have done to my t7 the following (well, not exactly today, but recently)

i am very much involved in the german health system so do not be cross if i do not answer very soon do eventual questions.

-rims excel 1,85“ and 2,5“ front and rear. used oem whel hubs, kept my original wheel set with single disc for road work. 

-sc projects decat full titan system, air filter and injection system not touched. no need to dial into this end as power delivery similar to orignal. exhaust note not louder than akra with db eater. 

-touratech extreme suspension made by tractive suspension 30 mm more travel around. no more bottoming out riding aggressively off road, but not done any major jumps yet. 

suspension wise with this set up the t7 needs a more direct, speedy and aggressive riding style like say a ktm 790 adv r to take advantage of this investment of roughly 2800 euros. 

engine wise it is still the same bike, very forgiving , easy to ride in touring- or knocking-on-heavens-door mode. 

i like the versatility of this engine more than the 790 engine, it just suits my needs much more. 

cosmetically my t7 is not yet finished, the perforated panels are not yet to my full liking. maybe have to work on their shape and or paint. 

next step is a 5cm/2“ higher seat. 

stay fit and healthy, cheers,

wolfram

A4447325-9270-47A8-A0F4-DD3D89C2571F.jpeg

1BDED240-854E-498D-9A5E-586A0D1E0887.jpeg

1BFEBCEF-283E-4759-B6E0-0BE53B5ACCC7.jpeg

835882ED-ED4A-465C-9361-7677CA23415D.jpeg

9CA08D17-643E-4961-9328-4700007B67A5.jpeg

F91BBD60-8385-4A3D-BC0D-58DA8C9DD9F5.jpeg

Hi! Very nice. Quick question. Is the SC project dbkiller removable easily?

Thanks much!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 7:52 PM, Darrenheli said:

would anyone have the spacer sizes please

36mm long x 30mm od x 22.1 bore . both sides the same.

have just made a pair out of stainless.

Edited by bth2
  • Like 1