Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

3 hours ago, bth2 said:

36mm long x 30mm od x 22.1 bore . both sides the same.

have just made a pair out of stainless.

That's great thanks for your help iam going to use titanium

• Like 1

7 hours ago, djkouross said:

Hi! Very nice. Quick question. Is the SC project dbkiller removable easily?

Thanks much!

to be perfectly honnest: i have not tried it yet. will check on that detail when i come home in the next days. sorry for a possible delay.

stay fit and healthy,

wolfram

Touratech footpegs fitted and posted here:

• Like 3

So this is not news abaut the extras, it's only to share for those who want to see 😃

Must say that i've bought the skid plate Monday night and today before 13:00 it was at my hands, what a honest seller from ACD Racing...

Also i have the headlight mask from Heed, also a good delivery, 3 4 days...

I hope i can recive my Leovince Rally RAID until friday... If i recive, my bike staturday it's going to be almost like i want, probably i'm going to buy another extra from Kedo...

IMG_20200401_225449.jpg

IMG_20200401_225456.jpg

IMG_20200401_225505.jpg

IMG_20200401_225514.jpg

IMG_20200401_225526.jpg

• Like 8

Locked up with bits to add to the bike.

Hi everyone, I suppose being in lock down as they call it, it gives us time to do all the accessories   that we normally save for those miserable rainy days. So today I removed the standard muffler and added a Barrett muffler (another Australian engineering company) along with their pannier racks. The muffler and the left side went on like a finger in a glove but I had to do a little engineering of my own to get the right side fitting with the B&B tail rack just so I can open the rack when needed. All good and filled in the day nicely. After completing the task I sat on my shed stool with a cold Iron Jack and admired my handy work. I was at that point very satisfied but then I noticed the Givi tool box I purchased years ago and never got around to using. While having a sip I thought that might just fit on those racks nicely. And it did. Now I’m extremely satisfied. Cheers all.  

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Edited by Allen Kelly
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Allen Kelly said:

Hi everyone, I suppose being in lock down as they call it, it gives us time to do all the accessories   that we normally save for those miserable rainy days. So today I removed the standard muffler and added a Barrett muffler (another Australian engineering company) along with their pannier racks. The muffler and the left side went on like a finger in a glove but I had to do a little engineering of my own to get the right side fitting with the B&B tail rack just so I can open the rack when needed. All good and filled in the day nicely. After completing the task I sat on my shed stool with a cold Iron Jack and admired my handy work. I was at that point very satisfied but then I noticed the Givi tool box I purchased years ago and never got around to using. While having a sip I thought that might just fit on those racks nicely. And it did. Now I’m extremely satisfied. Cheers all.  

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

That looks great Allen a really good setup. nothing beats sitting back with a beer admiring your own handy work & bike. where is your first trip destination after we come out of home detention ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Allen Kelly said:

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Bike looks great,  how does the Barret exhaust sound....? Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 2

Now she have a better look 😃

But i can't take off the DB Killer...

Not easy... I've took it off to akrapovic and termignoni, never tried a Leovince, but this one is E4 aproved, any trick to take this guy off?

IMG_20200404_193513.jpg

IMG_20200404_193619.jpg

IMG_20200404_193632.jpg

IMG_20200404_193727.jpg

IMG_20200404_193659.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, manny said:

That looks great Allen a really good setup. nothing beats sitting back with a beer admiring your own handy work & bike. where is your first trip destination after we come out of home detention ?

All I can think of at the moment is anywhere other than Shortland NSW. I have thought that there are so many little back roads that I would like to just go and see where they lead me.

• Like 1

Not tinny like the stock one, a little louder with a deep throaty tone to it. I like that it doesn’t fade into the wind when out riding.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Bike looks great,  how does the Barret exhaust sound....? Cheers,  Steve 

Not tinny like the stock one, a little louder with a deep throaty tone to it. I like that it doesn’t fade into the wind when out riding.  

i was bored yesterday.....so i decided to spray the exhaust end cover white.....i know,i know....i said i was bored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20200408_161545_HDR.thumb.jpg.12b39147b3e53e858752e39d4c6ba879.jpg20200408_161559_HDR.thumb.jpg.c3986d302c03efdec235ad9a0279b5c0.jpgI put this china made levers not bad 

20200408_161533.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bth2 said:

i was bored yesterday.....so i decided to spray the exhaust end cover white.....i know,i know....i said i was bored.

Pictures pictures 

• Like 2

Fiddling around with luggage, Enduristan Blizzard L & XS 12 Base Pack. Trying to decide what size Tornado 2 to replace the Overboard bag!

20200408_192224440_iOS.thumb.jpg.4b311f4a76e6f030e135bb5b993bfedb.jpg

Ordered a Rally Raid toolbox so I can stow the heavy stuff out of my toolkit lower down on the bike and free up some bag space.

Edited by CReamflourish
Typo!
  • Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 8:32 AM, Allen Kelly said:

All I can think of at the moment is anywhere other than Shortland NSW. I have thought that there are so many little back roads that I would like to just go and see where they lead me.

Just go for it then? Tell them boys who pull you over "I was looking for a supermarket with low fod bread and got lost". 😜

Seriously though, that Barrett looks quiet nice, I have been thinking of a replacement for mine, to be quiet honest I haven't looked at local options yet but after looking at yours, and watching some vids online with Barretts on other bikes I think this might be the way to go. It looks as long as the original muffler but narrower and i'm guessing it's much lighter, and by what I saw on U toob it sounds much nicer but not excessively loud. The standard muffler sounds nice putting around the bush in first or second but after that it's lost, you just can't hear it. This is not on on a bike like this with a 270' engine!

Edited by shaneygrog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Just go for it then? Tell them boys who pull you over "I was looking for a supermarket with low fod bread and got lost". 😜

Seriously though, that Barrett looks quiet nice, I have been thinking of a replacement for mine, to be quiet honest I haven't looked at local options yet but after looking at yours, and watching some vids online with Barretts on other bikes I think this might be the way to go. It looks as long as the original muffler but narrower and i'm guessing it's much lighter, and by what I saw on U toob it sounds much nicer but not excessively loud. The standard muffler sounds nice putting around the bush in first or second but after that it's lost, you just can't hear it. This is not on on a bike like this with a 270' engine!

I am really pleased with it and it does sound just right to me not to loud but loud enough that you know you are on the power. The price was reasonable enough as well and a easy conversion. When you stand back it looks the part. As for the escape I snuck out to do a job for my daughter who is recovering from an operation but I think I got lost because it took me an extra hour to get there! I’ll have to check the GPS to see where I went wrong.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 8:18 PM, Lupan said:

Now she have a better look 😃

But i can't take off the DB Killer...

Not easy... I've took it off to akrapovic and termignoni, never tried a Leovince, but this one is E4 aproved, any trick to take this guy off?

IMG_20200404_193513.jpg

IMG_20200404_193619.jpg

IMG_20200404_193632.jpg

IMG_20200404_193727.jpg

IMG_20200404_193659.jpg

Hi, great bike,  what engine bars are those...? Cheers,  Steve 

On 4/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, CReamflourish said:

CamelADV high fender kit installed.

D7B22C4D-03D0-4D7F-9ADA-0F67AA663668.thumb.jpeg.4d2767322889c7b79ae00835963dd904.jpeg

Just gotta trim the tops of my fork guards down tomorrow to ensure full clearance with the Polisport mudguard at full-bottom. I’ll probably lose the side reflectors as well while I’m at it.

• Like 1

Hi, great looking bike...can you tell me what engine bars you have...? Cheers,  Steve 

Just now, Great Escape said:

Hi, great looking bike...can you tell me what engine bars you have...? Cheers,  Steve 

Thanks Steve, 

The crash bars are Touratech:

They do them is silver stainless finish as well which are quite nice, it took me ages to make my mind up and go for the black ones!

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

Handguards Acerbis X-Factory and GPS suport made at home, with 3d printer.

Handlebar Rhental

Cubre_Acerbis1.jpg

Cubre_Acerbis2.jpg

Cubre_Acerbis3.jpg

Soporte.jpg

Edited by Canomball
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Hi, great bike,  what engine bars are those...? Cheers,  Steve 

These Crash Bars are from Givi but Kappa have the same.

Givi TN 2145

Screenshot_20200409-202206~2.png

• Like 2