Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

EBay arrival

my thought was to save my panel (red) on my trip to Europe

i have a throw over bag - I did invest in some R&G side racks but though just fitting this might be an easier option

A16D8115-8A04-497D-B19E-E55BF65CC0B3.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EstRider said:

Finally made the decision to go with the lowering links and installed Off The Road.de 25mm lowering links after several sketchy moments where I couldn't seat shuffle fast enough and almost hurt myself. The World Raid is MUCH more manageable now and I can touch both feet down at the same time. Finally feeling confident in low speed movements...The bike suddenly looks small compared to how it was. I'm amazed what the difference 25mm made!

Downsides, I need to put blocks under the rear tire to get it up on the OEM centre stand now...oof and I've ordered the Camel short side stand to replace the OEM one as now a stiff breeze might knock it over.

It is definitely harder to get up on the center stand with the lowering links. I found a technique that works for me which includes wearing my riding boots and grunting.  The Camel lowered stand is great. I have done several tight trail pivots on it. Very solid. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeilW said:

It is definitely harder to get up on the center stand with the lowering links. I found a technique that works for me which includes wearing my riding boots and grunting.  The Camel lowered stand is great. I have done several tight trail pivots on it. Very solid. 

Excited for it, how did you find the install? I heard old versions had issues with the kill switch butbj think that's fixed now?

28 minutes ago, EstRider said:

Excited for it, how did you find the install? I heard old versions had issues with the kill switch butbj think that's fixed now?

This was only due to the sidestand "protection" tin. The very first springs rubbed on the cover, but not any more (springs were redesigned and, as far as I know, Cory sent everybody new ones for free).

The install video is very helpful and covers all steps.

After watching it, it's really easy.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

This was only due to the sidestand "protection" tin. The very first springs rubbed on the cover, but not any more (springs were redesigned and, as far as I know, Cory sent everybody new ones for free).

@EstRider exactly what Tenerider said 🙂  The spring is very strong so get a good grip and use eye protection.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

How is life without the center stand? - I'm debating of getting rid of it in the quest to loose some weight and stop the clancking offroad. Also to install the Camel Brake fix I need to take the whole thing off which is a pain

I'm not advocating for you not to lose your center stand, but just an FYI you do not need to remove it to install the Camel Fix.  I just did my Fix with the center stand on and it was very easy.  Just need to get the bike on the kickstand and remove the bolts while it's in the "up" position.  Nothing more.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, NeilW said:

@EstRider exactly what Tenerider said 🙂  The spring is very strong so get a good grip and use eye protection.

14 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Rog all above, looking forward to being able to drive to work again once it gets in (Right now too worried some bumpty will poke it and it will fall haha...)

and ref  the eyepro, I'm definately an all the gear all the time kinda guy. I'll be fully suited up! (But seriously I'll wear my safety glasses, metal in eye no joking matter...)

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 4:02 PM, Rider 101 said:

Do they work? I did 25 roos in my previous 2 work utes.

Thank god I didn't own them. Insurance paid for work including 5 new bull bars!

As stated just above, they do have a working range, about 80~120 km/h I believe.  What speed were ya going in the ute?

Anywhere from stationary to 110km.

There are quire a number of open cuts around the Upper Hunter and they harbour vermin.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Fitted a Garmin Zumo XT, used my iPhone up to now, but too many times my screen taken over with texts and calls during important intersection info….frustrating ! Haha.

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

Edited by Spelldrummer
  • Like 4

Fitted a set of Tusk traverse bags.  

I haven't been able  to find a set of small bags I really like, so these are my latest attempt.

Hopefully they work out or who knows what I will try next.  

76E8DE3F-2B31-4B1A-9456-0CB694E6C90B.jpeg

214A674F-8C1F-4AA7-B8CC-B1CAC3102DA6.jpeg

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lewie said:

It’s the red white and blue edition

Ah of course! Ready for next weekend. 🇬🇧😂🍺

• Haha 1

Only available in the US, the UK, the Netherlands and France. Not sure about Russia 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Ah of course! Ready for next weekend. 🇬🇧😂🍺

Ah the coronation edition

39 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Ah the coronation edition

Get yourself at the head of a parade (easy rider style) Nobody will know you crashed the party😉

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 5:28 PM, Spelldrummer said:

Fitted a Garmin Zumo XT, used my iPhone up to now, but too many times my screen taken over with texts and calls during important intersection info….frustrating ! Haha.

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

Twinners!  Nice setup!

4 minutes ago, SpartanNoFear-1 said:

I've run silicone hoses in the past. I suspect their biggest appeal is they come in colors. Silicone is softer and cuts very easy compared to standard hoses.  If I needed to replace all my hoses because they were old and NEEDED replacing I might buy Silicone hoses if the set was cheaper but not if they were more expensive than OEM.  

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, Lewie said:

It’s the red white and blue edition

Honda Racing Corporation edition 😄

• Haha 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

10 hours ago, Windblown said:

I've run silicone hoses in the past. I suspect their biggest appeal is they come in colors. Silicone is softer and cuts very easy compared to standard hoses.  If I needed to replace all my hoses because they were old and NEEDED replacing I might buy Silicone hoses if the set was cheaper but not if they were more expensive than OEM.  

Great to know. I never heard of them, wonder if they actually do keep the system cooler like they claim?