Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

44 minutes ago, SpartanNoFear-1 said:

Great to know. I never heard of them, wonder if they actually do keep the system cooler like they claim?

Not sure what they base the claim on. Possibly due to improved flow due thru the hoses due to silicone being a slicker surface? I've never seen or heard of temp differences from using silicone hoses. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Windblown said:

Not sure what they base the claim on. Possibly due to improved flow due thru the hoses due to silicone being a slicker surface? I've never seen or heard of temp differences from using silicone hoses. 

If there is any difference, I bet it's not at all significant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tenerider said:

I actually just dropped by Samco's site as I was curious about the claim the retailer had made.  I could not find where they make that precise claim.  They do point out two things that could make their hoses cool better but don't state that.

1) Their hoses are free of defects sometimes found in others.

2) They use a molded Y hose where applicable rather than using T fittings which should result in a small decrease in a flow restriction by eliminating the fitting, however that might make no difference in how cool a motor runs.   

I'm thinking the retailer was hyping the product just a wee bit...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pvflyer said:

More aluminum ..

thumbnail_20230430_155145.jpeg

thumbnail_20230430_155623.jpeg

thumbnail_20230331_163638.jpeg

these are the aliexpress footpegs right? Can you messure the length and width please?

3 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Ya I just don't see how 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Windblown said:

I actually just dropped by Samco's site as I was curious about the claim the retailer had made.  I could not find where they make that precise claim.  They do point out two things that could make their hoses cool better but don't state that.

1) Their hoses are free of defects sometimes found in others.

2) They use a molded Y hose where applicable rather than using T fittings which should result in a small decrease in a flow restriction by eliminating the fitting, however that might make no difference in how cool a motor runs.   

I'm thinking the retailer was hyping the product just a wee bit...

I'm sure if it were a significant difference a lot of people would be buying them

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SpartanNoFear-1 said:

I'm sure if it were a significant difference a lot of people would be buying them

Agreed.  It's a splash of color in an otherwise drab world. That's about it. 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Windblown said:

I actually got into an argument with the motohose kook some time ago about these claims. The fluid dynamics don't work in his favor. There is no benefit whatsoever. 

• Like 3

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

9 hours ago, Lewie said:

Hopefully make it a bit easier on my butt

96CB7DDF-79EA-4A5F-A9E7-CFA13826650E.jpeg

I admit I have a sheepie, but I’ve not seen anyone sit on their cat before. 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Dougie said:

I admit I have a sheepie, but I’ve not seen anyone sit on their cat before. 

You think the sheepie will help make my Rabaconda more comfortable on long rides?

(Don't leave home without it)

Screenshot 2023-05-01 132725.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NeilW said:

You think the sheepie will help make my Rabaconda more comfortable on long rides?

(Don't leave home without it)

Screenshot 2023-05-01 132725.jpg

Have you got a 45” inside leg @NeilW?😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Have you got a 45” inside leg @NeilW?😂

I only can wish!  As far as I am concerned a rider would have to be King Kong to change a tube on a Heidenau K60 Scout rear tire. The Rabaconda makes it a 5 minute job!  The only other option was going Optex tubeless, which I did instead of figuring out how to carry the Rabaconda Tire changer.( you must not have read my review 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, Schegge said:

these are the aliexpress footpegs right? Can you messure the length and width please?

Just a bit longer and wider.

thumbnail_20230501_160745.jpeg

thumbnail_20230501_160717.jpeg

thumbnail_20230502_164634.jpeg

thumbnail_20230502_164625.jpeg

• Like 1

The culmination of my winter’s what I did to my T7.

20230502_154733.jpg.72b56e5ba2dea7e72d1a0f4aa024a38d.jpg

20230502_191946.jpg.187ac47e173ce4ee36de5d6c7ddd6e23.jpg

20230502_191957.jpg.d58238675cdcfd552fbd4b21d0f8d8bc.jpg

Is it even cool anymore to post a pic of "The Fix"?  I feel like I'm so late to that game its like the rest of you posting a pic putting fuel in your bike...😆

Edited by DT675
  • Like 4

It's been entertaining reading the conversation on the silicone hoses...

Silicone hoses are typically only seen in the race world, on tarmac track and the dirt race track.  No so much on the street unless you like the bling.  They withstand prolonged higher temperature and pressure better than OEM from fatigue and burst.  That's pretty much it.  Some of them will bypass the OEM's thermostat, or route differently than OEM- thus making those bikes run cooler.  No real other benefit.  For example- early on racing enduro's- I had a Husky TE250 that I burst the OEM hoses in year 2.  I replaced them with a well known silicone hose brand and never had a problem again.  I would not put them on any of my street bikes though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pvflyer said:

Just a bit longer and wider.

Thank you my friend, I will try them too.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 7:28 PM, DT675 said:

20230502_191957.jpg.d58238675cdcfd552fbd4b21d0f8d8bc.jpg

Is it even cool anymore to post a pic of "The Fix"?  I feel like I'm so late to that game its like the rest of you posting a pic putting fuel in your bike...😆

I'm still waiting breathlessly for a lowered peg version 😞

8 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

I'm still waiting breathlessly for a lowered peg version 😞

I guess there is finally a reason to be happy about being “average “ height. 

5 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I guess there is finally a reason to be happy about being “average “ height. 

Don't knock it.  All motorcycles are made for you!  Every bike I get on - every bike - is small for me.  Nothing to do with seat height; that's wildly overrated and doesn't matter the moment you're moving, but in ergonomics.  My knees are always bent more, and on smaller bikes (like my old MT07, or most sport bikes) my knees poke up above the tank.  Riding an R1, in full tuck?  My shoulders are above the grips, and I can bite the windscreen.  It's like normal people riding a Grom.

It's particularly annoying because a lot of ostensibly "huge" motorcycles are still set up with the rider triangle designed for a much smaller person, so it's not enough just to buy a bigger bike, you've also got to move everything around, and that involves a lot of trial and error and makes finding compatibility between parts even more difficult.  They're much better than compact sportbikes mind you, because at least with larger bikes there's room to move stuff. 

• Like 2

Yeah you’re right. I find the T7 pretty enormous and yet the rider triangle is just average. In fact, I have slightly lowered pegs. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 8:58 PM, DT675 said:

Yeah you’re right. I find the T7 pretty enormous and yet the rider triangle is just average. In fact, I have slightly lowered pegs. 

If anything it's kind of a compact rider triangle as compared to other adventure bikes, which is kind of odd given it's seat height - it dissuades shorter riders, while simultaneously feeling a bit cramped for bigger riders.  Fortunately, taller seats and lowered pegs are readily available, and there's actually a MASSIVE range of -10mm peg options. 

Are these metals any good for crash bars? They are the specs from SRC. 

PO-66988.jpeg

003 (5).jpeg

2 hours ago, SpartanNoFear-1 said:

Are these metals any good for crash bars? They are the specs from SRC. 

Can't answer to the specs themselves as that's WAY outside of my wheelhouse and I don't know who the manufacturer is, but frankly they'll be fine.  Once you're crashing so hard that you're breaking 1/16" wall steel tubing, even cheap steel tubing, you've got other concerns.  Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it.  The whole point of crash bars is to protect softer bits on light to medium tipovers and crashes, as once you're getting into really hard crashes even if the crash bars don't fail, the frame points they're attached to will.  

But, YMMV, and maybe someone here can talk about the specific metal composition.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Can't answer to the specs themselves as that's WAY outside of my wheelhouse and I don't know who the manufacturer is, but frankly they'll be fine.  Once you're crashing so hard that you're breaking 1/16" wall steel tubing, even cheap steel tubing, you've got other concerns.  Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it.  The whole point of crash bars is to protect softer bits on light to medium tipovers and crashes, as once you're getting into really hard crashes even if the crash bars don't fail, the frame points they're attached to will.  

But, YMMV, and maybe someone here can talk about the specific metal composition.  

This is metal specs from SRC crash bars. Ya this stuff is way too confusing to me. Since everything you buy these days is so damn expensive, I just want to spend my money wisely. I just don't trust too many companies, everyone just trying to make a quick buck. 

You can have the strongest metal but if the mounting points are wrong they can cause more damage then what they supsed to avoid.

• Like 4