Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

New fender:

20230506_140720.jpg.90d1a86b7fc029ccd73a0f1cc41e8bb3.jpg

I am very pleased with its function. That's because its only function is improving the looks 😂

At least in my opinion it's an improvement, I know that Ray thinks it's ugly 😁

The colour doesn't really match the side panels and tank cover, although it's an OEM fender. But since this one meant no need to replace the brake lines, I went with it anyways and still like the look. 

I guess all other white high fenders wouldn't match the panel colour either.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

New fender:

20230506_140720.jpg.90d1a86b7fc029ccd73a0f1cc41e8bb3.jpg

I am very pleased with its function. That's because its only function is improving the looks 😂

At least in my opinion it'san improvement, I know that Ray thinks it's ugly 😁

The colour doesn't really match the side panels and tank cover, although it's an OEM fender. But since this one meant no need to replace the brake lines, I went with it anyways and still like the look. 

I guess all other white high fenders wouldn't match the panel colour either.

What side stand is that? I take it it’s better for pivoting the bike?

11 minutes ago, Dougie said:

What side stand is that? I take it it’s better for pivoting the bike?

I've +25mm suspension travel, resulting in maybe +20mm height. The OEM kickstand was a bit too short, this is @Camel ADV 's famous Camel Toe.

It doesn't only give the right "lean angle" - it's super heavy duty (steel) and thus I'm indeed not concerned at all about pivoting.

Apart from that, mounting the bike with one foot on the left peg feels really stable.

OEM:

20230209_064554.jpg.67316d099346d54de3730d77aabb14b9.jpg

Camel Toe:

20230211_163335.jpg

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Lewie said:

strange the colour doesn’t match 

I guess it might match the white Rallye Editions! Silly anyways...

4 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

I guess it might match the white Rallye Editions! Silly anyways...

I like it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

I've +25mm suspension travel, resulting in maybe +20mm height. The OEM kickstand was a bit too short, this is @Camel ADV 's famous Camel Toe.

It doesn't only give the right "lean angle" - it's super heavy duty (steel) and thus I'm indeed not concerned at all about pivoting.

Apart from that, mounting the bike with one foot on the left peg feels really stable.

OEM:

Camel Toe:

20230211_163335.jpg

You forgot your left sock in the laundry ...😁

• Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

OEM:

Camel Toe:

20230211_163335.jpg

I'm glad you're happy with your Camel Toe!

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

44 minutes ago, BikeBrother said:

You forgot your left sock in the laundry ...😁

Always loose one a week in the wash 

On 5/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, SpartanNoFear-1 said:

This is metal specs from SRC crash bars. Ya this stuff is way too confusing to me. Since everything you buy these days is so damn expensive, I just want to spend my money wisely. I just don't trust too many companies, everyone just trying to make a quick buck. 

Yeah the point is what Ray was saying: It's not really something to worry about, because you don't want the strongest crash bars on the market.  What's more important is that you're looking at where they attach to the bike and how.

You want crash bars that do not attach to the motor itself.  The motor is aluminum and will definitely be the weakest link.  From there, you don't really care too much, and in fact if anything you'd prefer the crash bars to be weaker than the frame so they're the point that gives.  

There's tons of good options, though, and it's pretty hard to go wrong.  I'm not familiar with SRC, but I imagine they're fine.

I've seen excellent reviews for Adventurespec (very inexpensive and light; designed as sacrificial protection), Outback Motortek, Touratech, Heed, and more.  Personally I have OEM (Givi) bars, which have done their job well, though honestly if I could go back in time I'd get something else; they extend up very high but lack support so the upper parts of the bars bend inwards in a crash.  That hasn't done damage to the bike, but it's pushed the crash bars very close to the plastics now.  Mind you, it's taken roughly 10 crashes for me to get there, so they've definitely done their duty - they weren't a bad buy; though I feel there are better options.

• Like 3

Panier racks fitted- very light

Tweaked my suspension following the nomad Sweden YouTube vid

4642A6C6-F917-4E0B-A5D4-7A1E273FD3E6.jpeg

F5C84C64-4F70-4F27-868C-68570972F4FF.jpeg

4689B348-611C-4821-B554-519F2B3DE038.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 2

Joined the one finger clutch team.  Also threw my hat in with the big, narly footpeg crowd.  Camel ADV fan.

20230504_151854.jpg.63bd1c9de43ab4f84eb75189a63abb82.jpg

20230504_151914.jpg

20230504_151902.jpg

• Like 4

Because I had to dismantle the OEM center stand for the assembly of the ingenious adjustable Kick Stand from AltRider, I got me a motorcycle jack each for the front and rear wheel.

The Adjustable Kick Stand from AltRider was necessary because I lowered the chassis for my 172 cm height. I couldn't comfortably park the Ténéré on a bumpy road on the OEM kick stand because it was now too long. With AltRider's solution, it now goes everywhere without a problem. In addition, the stan's foot is much larger on the AltRider model. This is known to be an even greater advantage on loose ground.

The heated grips from Daytona have been on the handlebars for quite a while. And because the spring around here so far just does not really prevail against the winter, this was something of the very best I mounted ever. I recommend this to everyone. Warm fingers on the Ténéré are a key experience.

Some EU countries harass Swiss road users with sometimes severe fines because we don't have the country code "CH" (Confoederatio Helvetica) integrated in the license plate. Now I'm EU-eligible because I applied this gigantic CH plate. Never mind - I don't see myself from behind when riding the bike ...

Edited by TéNéRéLOADED

2 minutes ago, TéNéRéLOADED said:

Because I had to dismantle the OEM center stand for the assembly of the ingenious adjustable Kick Stand from AltRider, I got me a motorcycle jack each for the front and rear wheel.

The Adjustable Kick Stand from AltRider was necessary because I lowered the chassis for my 172 cm height. I couldn't comfortably park the Ténéré on a bumpy road on the OEM kick stand because it was now too long. With AltRider's solution, it now goes everywhere without a problem. In addition, the stan's foot is much larger on the AltRider model. This is known to be an even greater advantage on loose ground.

The heated grips from Daytona have been on the handlebars for quite a while. And because the spring around here so far just does not really prevail against the winter, this was something of the very best I mounted ever. I recommend this to everyone. Warm fingers on the Ténéré are a key experience.

Some EU countries harass Swiss road users with sometimes severe fines because we don't have the country code "CH" (Confoederatio Helvetica) integrated in the license plate. Now I'm EU-eligible because I applied this gigantic CH plate. Never mind - I don't see myself from behind when riding the bike ...

IMG_1153.jpeg

I have the oem scenter stand and I mounted the altrider kickstand. I had the bike on the oem center stand for the kickstand exchange. 

13 hours ago, NeilW said:

I have the oem scenter stand and I mounted the altrider kickstand. I had the bike on the oem center stand for the kickstand exchange. 

Wow, well done! I couldn't get into one of the side kick's 10 mm hex bolts with the allen key. Because the center stand was in the way.

54 minutes ago, TéNéRéLOADED said:

Wow, well done! I couldn't get into one of the side kick's 10 mm hex bolts with the allen key. Because the center stand was in the way.

I had similar problems when I mounted my Camel Toe sidestand. My Allen nut wouldn't fit, but I had a usual L-shape Allen wrench which just fit in. Required quite some force. Without the center stand bracket it's easier, since you can use a decent sized ratchet or breaker bar.

6 hours ago, TéNéRéLOADED said:

In fact I've got an L-shaped Allen too. But it's too long as well. (And I don't like to shorten a tool—because for the next job it's too short for sure …) Plus it was an opportunity to clean & grease the center stand's joints. 😉 

And yes, you're right, it requires some force. I still ask myself how the heck one would operate with a torque tool at the spot? I just did it by rule of thumb.

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

I kind of remember taking off the spring but I do so many mods to my T7 that they all run together. - and I am getting older…

35 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Melted the front tyre on a track day😎

PXL_20230512_111940558.jpg

PXL_20230512_111947156.jpg

Anakee Adventure?

5 minutes ago, jdub53 said:

Anakee Adventure?

Yep, exactly that. Never let me down all day. Not a hint of a slide or moment all day and both front and rear looked like that, right to the edge and melted rubber bits. To be fair, 21 inch skinny front tyre is not the best on a track day, but this bike can do it all!!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 7:28 PM, DT675 said:

The culmination of my winter’s what I did to my T7.

20230502_154733.jpg.72b56e5ba2dea7e72d1a0f4aa024a38d.jpg

20230502_191946.jpg.187ac47e173ce4ee36de5d6c7ddd6e23.jpg

20230502_191957.jpg.d58238675cdcfd552fbd4b21d0f8d8bc.jpg

Is it even cool anymore to post a pic of "The Fix"?  I feel like I'm so late to that game its like the rest of you posting a pic putting fuel in your bike...😆

The funny thing is, I don' know what all the hype is about this mod.  I have no issues with the OE rear brake pedal.  Your goodies and bits look good though.

11 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Yep, exactly that. Never let me down all day. Not a hint of a slide or moment all day and both front and rear looked like that, right to the edge and melted rubber bits. To be fair, 21 inch skinny front tyre is not the best on a track day, but this bike can do it all!!

Nice. I'd read on a GS forum about folks dragging footpegs with confidence while using Anakee Adventure tires, and your experience just backs up that performance claim. Those were going to be my next tires for the GS but I traded it before I got the chance.

I modified the gear lever because I find it really too short compared to that of my KTM 250 EXC. I lengthened it by 15 mm with a steel plate of the same thickness as the original one.

And I changed the inking point of the link. the movement of the gear lever was really too great. Now it's really better especially the passage from 1st to 2nd.

IMG_20230513_164649_(800_x_1069_pixel).jpg

IMG_20230513_164713_(800_x_1069_pixel).jpg

• Like 2