Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Took a couple minutes this afternoon and installed the TripleClamp CP2 Clutch, Stator & Water Pump covers. Install is simple taking all of 15 minutes and the replacement of 8 bolts during the process.. even used a touch of medium Loctite on each bolt. I like them though see removing the logo stickers which look tacky and don't fit perfectly anyways.

538881924_TripleClampCP2EngineProtection04IMG_6729.thumb.jpg.117df1848dabe9b5a99127de61158b79.jpg

2122075218_TripleClampCP2EngineProtection03IMG_6727.thumb.jpg.53e37c528aec1b25910902f6f74ce758.jpg

• Like 2

The new Warn XT17 1700Lb Winch with mounting bracket and cover got installed tonight on the rear Outback Motortek rack. Still need to install the wire lead off the battery but will get to that soon enough. This little puppy weights in at just 8.5Lbs and has 40' of synthetic line. Almost all my riding is solo and I find myself in some remote locations occasionally. Not being the biggest guy and having some physical limitations this provides some piece of mind for both myself and the wife back home. It will not always reside on the bike but mainly for when I'm away on trips. Secondary use will be to load and unload the bike with a ramp into the back of my F250. I mean why even attempt to run it up a ramp when I can hit the switch and walk it up.

Complete New Warn XT17 with everything and some extras including and extra 40' of line, D-shackle, snatch block, recovery straps, gloves and a storage bag.

63210336_IMG_6224(Large).thumb.jpg.e2f8da4419d4c2cc32184d7002b36004.jpg

Shows the basic setup. Battery lead gets installed and tucked away. When required the winch is removed from the bike and can be lashed to the upper forks, frame, racks, etc or remotely. Connect the remote to the winch and then the power line between the winch and battery lead.

2003281651_IMG_6230(Large).thumb.jpg.87be337dce061a179907d227e75e0566.jpg

Bolted the aluminum mount to the rear rack. The Winch slides back into the 2 hooks, drops forward to lay flat and a pin gets inserted through the 4 holes in the front.

54076238_WarnXT17WinchInstall01IMG_6743(Large).thumb.jpg.7ca3fabee01dc4d09774eab9f0fdc56d.jpg

Winch mounted and pinned in place. The winch needs to be removed from the mount for use.

704342224_WarnXT17WinchInstall02IMG_6745(Large).thumb.jpg.26dd2a7cd11c9929273ee88e20322d5d.jpg

Rear view.

1525874586_WarnXT17WinchInstall03IMG_6747(Large).thumb.jpg.ab3895fe110a146c2949042f05162f5f.jpg

it really is fairly small.

1770920498_WarnXT17WinchInstall04IMG_6761(Large).thumb.jpg.363774eea6711df14bfc70e41b831a34.jpg

Picked up a neoprene cover for it also.

1976273944_WarnXT17WinchInstall06IMG_6764(Large).thumb.jpg.b9238574b7244b0595b271a6d922b8ca.jpg

I've tested its function though hope to get out later this week to test its setup and operation with a few incline pulls in the wood.

Edited by Adrenolin
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

^ @Adrenolin How do you winch it forward? Surely a bracket to mount the winch to the front yoke under the headlight would mean the power of the bike could be used too to get up out of a steep slip sloppily hill, ditch / valley etc.

1 hour ago, X Plane said:

^ @Adrenolin How do you winch it forward? Surely a bracket to mount the winch to the front yoke under the headlight would mean the power of the bike could be used too to get up out of a steep slip sloppily hill, ditch / valley etc.

No brackets.. you use a strap or 2 depending on situation. The straps can attach to the forks, crash bars, rear racks, etc. The other end If the straps go to the winch out in front or rear of the bike. Secure the winch line to a tree, other bike, etc. Once you start the winch it basically suspends between the two points. here are two videos.. the first one Is a commercial basically, short and fast while the second video is a great demonstration with a bigger bike. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@Adrenolin Ah, that makes sense, so you only carry the winch on the rear rack then. Cheers.

2 hours ago, X Plane said:

@Adrenolin Ah, that makes sense, so you only carry the winch on the rear rack then. Cheers.

That or in my bike trailer when I’m towing it instead of using luggage. Still need to order the hitch for the T7 though as I only have it for the WRR right now. 

...if I could only figure out a way to pick up the bike after I dropped it with that winch...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Idarex said:

...if I could only figure out a way to pick up the bike after I dropped it with that winch...

Attach the winch to a real set of handguards then over to a tree. Should pull it right up. 👍🏻

I’ve been considering the full RR rear shock upgrade and fork inserts myself and hope that rear axle nut comes back up at the group by price. Missed out on that. 

5 hours ago, slakdawg said:

@Idarex what wrap is that and did you install yourself?

I originally was going to do a Crispy’s because that guy does such fantastic work.  He did Camel ADV’s bike.  I wound up having a local kid, that did my Tacoma make a personal one for me.

Shane at a local shop called Sign Up helped design it like I wanted it and installed it for me.

Background is Marpat urban camo.  It has the unit insignias from my father, myself, and 2 of my son’s time in.  It also has T7 World Raid/Ready for beer/Idarex/Semper Fi in various spots.

Im very happy how it came out.  I’m not sure I like it in pics but it looks total badass in person.  Thx -EP

Edit;  The camo is because I drop my bikes off road a lot and also I don’t want to wash the bike all the time like a road bike.  

CFD087D2-BD5A-478F-8C0B-03B1E3C57C8D.jpeg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 2

Looks awesome to me. Thanks for your (y'alls) service. It's unique and I like the color scheme. I'm looking for similar, minus the service references.

• Like 1

Hey @Idarex, nice bike man, and Semper Fi brother.  

I'm interested in  how you like the SC exhaust and how the new spring goes. Oh and all I was able to get done today was to put on a screen protector from Speedo Angel. All the rest of my parts are still in the mail.

@Mikey81  -  I can’t run it until the ECU gets back but it took 2 months to get the SC Project exhaust.  I assume that will get better as the world gets back to work.  The RR parts have always got here in about a week.

1 hour ago, slakdawg said:

Looks awesome to me. Thanks for your (y'alls) service. It's unique and I like the color scheme. I'm looking for similar, minus the service references.

The hard part for a local shop is the pattern.  Once they create the pattern it’s a cake walk to make anything you want.

I’m sure Crispy Designs would make anything you want and his vinyl is the highest quality.

Shane at Sign Up in Pocatello ID has a pattern now that he made mine.  He could make you anything you want.

• Like 1

Black paint and new Yoshimura sticker on the muffler. Later, I will make the powder coating on the other silver parts black.

14861869.jpg

Edited by Murska
  • Like 3

Today, on probably the hottest day of the year so far, I decided to do some work on the bike. I installed the Garmin Zumo XT and the rally radiator protector from Yamaha. I’ve heard others say it, but the bike is really super easy to work on. A T30, a 4 and a 5 allen and a needle nose and you’re good. 

before:

9272E048-13CC-458A-901B-B3A7801499F0.thumb.jpeg.4c7866cb5d55e1d4f0bb1320960d99e4.jpeg

After:

60A1EFAE-ABDA-48FC-A10B-4D0A22A69F83.thumb.jpeg.d9069784f2a1907e11b5440dac82da75.jpeg

6E38EFAD-A790-4AB3-B878-6CED3D218A81.thumb.jpeg.2a03d15d8552193b7ed5918f00ef0770.jpeg

Time to cool off and hopefully take a ride this evening.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey81 said:

@Murska that’s a cool looking paint job / sticker job you got there. 

Thanks Mikey81,

I've always hated black bike, but I had to buy black because blue was not available the first bikes. Now I don’t want change the color, I love the T7 “Black styling”, yet I get the rest of the parts painted. Race Styles graphics are really awesome, the pictures don’t tell you everything.

• Like 2

I've mentioned this once or twice previously however it's been a while since my last entry......the Black ones are the fastest on and off road. Welcome to the Dark Side!!

• Haha 1

I changed the muffler exit to 40mm, the sound is lower and a little louder but not too loud. The exit pipe is as long as the oem 28mm pipe.

14791721.jpg

Black styling and Yoshi stickers 🙂

14862081.jpg

Edited by Murska
  • Like 4

The new XT garmin is a great bit of kit and I believe the best out there!

• Like 2

Idarex can you put a link up of the place you got the rear wheel adjusters please.

If not the name /part number of them so I can try and find them.

Cheers Steve

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Idarex can you put a link up of the place you got the rear wheel adjusters please.

If not the name /part number of them so I can try and find them.

Cheers Steve

It was available through one of the group buys from the vendor Bellissimoto. 

Gilles ACM Titanium Axle Nut M24 x1.5 for Kawasaki, BMW, and Yamaha models

Here is a link to the original offer.

• Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!