Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Installed the blacked out Barkbusters. Install was pretty easy. Nice kit. 

B231183E-BDE5-4AF7-A662-5EE4269ECE17.jpeg

49898E83-D733-4DD6-8FF2-A1884FEFE3B5.jpeg

• Like 3

Installed the Camel anti-bobble head kit, GPS, and a USB 3.0 quick charger with voltmeter.  I put the charger on a switch as it is wired direct to battery.  The Camel kit works flawlessly!  No more blurred vision on rough roads.  The brackets for the GPS was something we found on Amazon and the hole spacing was perfect for the Garmin cradle mount.  Had to add a piece of tape around the bar to make it tight.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators

@ch4kk @DT675

I went with the ****CRM, removed the bar end weights and used the flaring nut to bite into the thread. No problem, nice and tight. I have put this set on a few other bikes and compared to them the room on the Tenere is extremely generous behind the levers and reservoir. You could easily upgrade levers and not get caught adding bulk. 

****Edit: I went with the Factory Edition CRM set, which I have learned provides more clearance around the brake reservoir than the standard set.

4664F3B1-C49D-4F83-81F4-0E9EA72D6B02.jpeg

691815E9-8038-4904-BE96-89DCA383D2C9.jpeg

343BF302-47E0-4A48-BEFA-93FDF8ABA188.jpeg

Edited by tenerecanada
  • Like 3

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

2 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

Installed a double USB/voltmeter! 

C324FF3F-5440-4864-9C73-11B7A2561E20.jpeg

Can you tell me how you wired your usb plug ? Direct to the battery? Thx

@tenerecanada

That’s excellent! I kinda thought the bars in their stock form was a bit too wide for me anyway.  I was wondering how to eliminate the bar end weights while keeping the guards on. This may be my ticket- thanks! 

Edited by DT675
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

@ch4kk @DT675

I went with the CRM, removed the bar end weights and used the flaring nut to bite into the thread. No problem, nice and tight. I have put this set on a few other bikes and compared to them the room on the Tenere is extremely generous behind the levers and reservoir. You could easily upgrade levers and not get caught adding bulk. 

thanks so much @tenerecanada! excellent pictures, very helpful!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tenerequebec said:

For this one I cut out the factory cigarette lighter style socket and wired the new USB/voltmeter to the stock plug. On the other side I’m probably going to wire in a powerlet socket direct to the battery to run heated gear and it will double as a charging port for winter storage. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tenerequebec said:

Don't wire it direct, use a powerhub like this, if in Canada, thats a great site to buy off, I bought and used it to wire a Volt meter, AUX lights, spare SAE cable, and in the future Heated grips. Keeps electrics clean, fused, and organized, no chance of the battery being drained. 

PH1-2_600x600_crop_center.jpg?v=15728944

INNOVV Power Hub 1 was developed to meet customer's needs......A customer writes...... " Hi INNOVV, Can you guys develop a power management box to get a reliable switched power source for your motorcycle camera and other devices installed on my motorcycle? It should be simple, solid build, and reasonably...

power-hub

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Don't wire it direct, use a powerhub like this, if in Canada, thats a great site to buy off, I bought and used it to wire a Volt meter, AUX lights, spare SAE cable, and in the future Heated grips. Keeps electrics clean, fused, and organized, no chance of the battery being drained. 

PH1-2_600x600_crop_center.jpg?v=15728944

INNOVV Power Hub 1 was developed to meet customer's needs......A customer writes...... " Hi INNOVV, Can you guys develop a power management box to get a reliable switched power source for your motorcycle camera and other devices installed on my motorcycle? It should be simple, solid build, and reasonably...

power-hub

That’s actually a really good idea. Great for people who don't want to deal with using the factory plug system. 

97B6ADEB-3200-408B-AD0F-52519003A61D.jpeg.c7b05d0fd358aee7d5fe2c15784c81c7.jpeg256AA35F-A151-4E35-A237-23E6B0AB081D.jpeg.b7f627cc2f7ac20a74268ccf72ed44df.jpeg3F0DD80E-7113-4D63-9BF0-554C14ED20A2.jpeg.988504058f9620c2adb0a1a5101f18e2.jpeg

Got the Storm slip on fitted along with a few other smaller parts, still got the T7rally tail tidy to do and the factory mainstand but getting around to it slowly, seat time more important.

53561029-4914-4847-A1A9-A5901219F1B0.jpeg

Fitted the rally seat to hopefully improve comfort & fitted the higher rated rear spring. It's very tall now. I'm 6' 3" and now on my tipy toes.

20200731_181400.jpg

20200731_190452.jpg

• Like 2

3 weeks old now. I'm trying to keep her as light as possible. NO crash bars or pannier racks for me, but I do have an aluminum rear rack on order and also an aluminum tail tidy on the way. So far most of what I've installed has replaced what I've removed. 

1. Front Supermoto fender (cut stocker back)

2. Cut down front fender bracket

3. Radiator guard (removed stocker)

4. Barkbusters (replaced stockers)

5. Heated grips

6. USB hub

7. LED blinkers (replaced stockers)

8. DIY tail tidy

9. 5mm FR spring spacers

10. RAM ball

11. Removed rear foot pegs/brackets

0719201331b.thumb.jpg.d54bad7dbfc0aab80d9e8e6011dca22b.jpg

0717201858.jpg

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, BADDANDY said:

1026460227_Fenderbracket.thumb.jpg.3ad5ece0033ebfafb98417ee13d44c0d.jpg

@BADDANDYYou need some plastic screws for those fork covers. See my "Pay it Forward" thread in "Parts For Sale" section of the Classifieds for details.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Adventure Spec rear rack. Simple, fairly priced, solid and surprisingly light. It fits well with my plans for the T7. I don’t want to betray its design features of being relatively light, slim and quiet. The AS rack is also Roto Pax compatible. I do not want to go down the massive aftermarket fuel tank road again. Offers a good hand hold for moving or picking up the bike. Will not be your cup of tea if you’re in the hard aluminum panniers camp, but if not it’s worth a look. Since I will have to wait over two months for the tank bag of my choice, this will accommodate a basic tail bag nicely to tide me over.

AS Rack Left.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

Fitted the rally seat to hopefully improve comfort & fitted the higher rated rear spring. It's very tall now. I'm 6' 3" and now on my tipy toes.

20200731_181400.jpg

20200731_190452.jpg

Looks great with the seat and the new spring... My seat height is 910mm with 17 inch wheels.. But I've also got stiffer springs on the front 😁

Aleks 

20200726111333_IMG_1109.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matth said:

Wish i was 6’3. You get all the best chicks! #justsayin

Might be true but we are limited in bike choice 🤣😋

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Matth said:

Wish i was 6’3. You get all the best chicks! #justsayin

Definitely true. It's been nearly 30 years with mine....😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GoThere@50 said:

Adventure Spec rear rack. 

I've had one on order for over a month now.

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

7 hours ago, CAJW said:

@BADDANDYYou need some plastic screws for those fork covers. See my "Pay it Forward" thread in "Parts For Sale" section of the Classifieds for details.

No I don't

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

• Moderators
4 hours ago, GoThere@50 said:

Adventure Spec rear rack. Simple, fairly priced, solid and surprisingly light. It fits well with my plans for the T7. I don’t want to betray its design features of being relatively light, slim and quiet. The AS rack is also Roto Pax compatible. I do not want to go down the massive aftermarket fuel tank road again. Offers a good hand hold for moving or picking up the bike. Will not be your cup of tea if you’re in the hard aluminum panniers camp, but if not it’s worth a look. Since I will have to wait over two months for the tank bag of my choice, this will accommodate a basic tail bag nicely to tide me over.

AS Rack Left.jpg

Man, the white on white look is killer. 

A9DB92E7-8A35-404D-BC60-AC3EB609CEBE.jpeg

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

13 minutes ago, BADDANDY said:

I've had one on order for over a month now.

I was pleasantly surprised with my Adventure Spec order. Order was processed the same day it was placed and arrived the very next day from their Colorado Springs distributer. Complete with a handwritten “Thank You”. I have never had such a prompt delivery with any vendor. And just in case, no I’m not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer. 

• Like 2