Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

On 7/31/2020 at 1:08 AM, ScorpionT16 said:

Don't wire it direct, use a powerhub like this, if in Canada, thats a great site to buy off, I bought and used it to wire a Volt meter, AUX lights, spare SAE cable, and in the future Heated grips. Keeps electrics clean, fused, and organized, no chance of the battery being drained. 

PH1-2_600x600_crop_center.jpg?v=15728944

INNOVV Power Hub 1 was developed to meet customer's needs......A customer writes...... " Hi INNOVV, Can you guys develop a power management box to get a reliable switched power source for your motorcycle camera and other devices installed on my motorcycle? It should be simple, solid build, and reasonably...

power-hub

I endend buying this thing, seem a very good option, thanks for the tip, but for the yellow wire i have to connect to an accesories wire that have on/off power,  which specific one do you take, im new on electric upgrades! 

Installed the factory foam filter and pre filter from uni filter Australia.  They arrived quickly and came pre-oiled! I'll check on them in 500 miles. 

20200728_060141.jpg

20200728_061052.jpg

20200728_061100.jpg

20200728_151958.jpg

Edited by tj3089
  • Like 3

Just now, 29er said:

Are you really short... :classic_biggrin:

No, just love supermoto 🏍️💨📸🤣(presuming you refer to the 17 inch wheels). 

Aleks 

2 minutes ago, 29er said:

it's definitely taller than me..😬

Things you have to do for a decent shot... I'm 6.4 😂😂😜.. Aleks 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, GoThere@50 said:

Adventure Spec rear rack. Simple, fairly priced, solid and surprisingly light. It fits well with my plans for the T7. I don’t want to betray its design features of being relatively light, slim and quiet. The AS rack is also Roto Pax compatible. I do not want to go down the massive aftermarket fuel tank road again. Offers a good hand hold for moving or picking up the bike. Will not be your cup of tea if you’re in the hard aluminum panniers camp, but if not it’s worth a look. Since I will have to wait over two months for the tank bag of my choice, this will accommodate a basic tail bag nicely to tide me over.

AS Rack Left.jpg

The color does look good.

I don't want to create a panic, but a local T7 owner had a 9L rotopax on the rack and it did not survive in the trails. The rack broke at the last weld ... both it and the rotopax were lost from what I heard   😞   

Please check the actual rating of the rack ... I was told that there is no indication on the website.

I have the OM myself and I am happy with it ... but it is heavy steel and black ... and I have no idea what the rating is for mine either ... but it does make me want to learn more before I overload it.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, CGras said:

Since it was pouring like hell today, I spent the day in the garage. I did the tool free seat removal mod and welded up a simple tool to remove the front axle. It's just two 12mm nuts TIG-welded together and a 10mm bolt welded inside so it can take a 14mm wrench. It works pretty well, has cost nothing at all and takes up basically no space inside the tool roll. Before welding I made sure to remove the zink coating using vinegar and cold blued it afterwards.

20200501_105107.jpg

20200501_180144.jpg

20200501_180155.jpg

20200501_180217.jpg

Brilliant idea, i bought a hex and for 1/2 drive and plan to press it out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After work I rode a few miles up to about 570, then installed my barkbusters. Will hit 600 tomorrow and change the oil

IMG_20200802_222929.thumb.jpg.a4bde836f262c62c6357e61651f98f16.jpg

• Like 1

Installed my new Eastern Beaver PC-8 with the Aux Splitter. Got the GPS mounted and a dual USB / Voltage display installed and wiring run back to the PC-8. Some cleanup still needed but getting better.

The PC-8 install is super easy and literally a plug and play setup with no complicated wiring, splicing or tapping required. Remove a few panels, remove the spare Aux power cap under right side fairing and plug the PC-8 into it... I used a splitter cable but same thing. Wire to the battery and done. 

Still direct to battery are the Jump Start plug, Warn winch plug (yellow/blue cables), SAE trickle charger plug and of course the PC-8 and bike itself. 

also installed a new radiator guard. 

ohh and shaved a spare WRR seat foam down to put on my kids TTR125 so he can get his toes on the ground. 😆

8DDC7FCA-46E2-4870-A57C-473719C5749D.jpeg

17D0EFAA-6E86-4FF6-8D8D-F989E77F86D2.jpeg

46485BF1-8EAC-4DFF-B8DE-8ABE15EF9C04.jpeg

9D4A47D0-4BD9-4494-AFE0-22A4BFEFFE37.jpeg

FA193591-7004-4469-92A2-1975417A41B1.jpeg

Edited by Adrenolin
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Adi Torpan said:

solid original handguards

a.jpg

3.jpg

Nicely done. Did you keep the stock bar ends on the bike?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slawmir said:

Nicely done. Did you keep the stock bar ends on the bike?

yes

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 0027 said:

Brilliant idea, i bought a hex and for 1/2 drive and plan to press it out

Did you get the tool free seat removal mod from somewhere or put it together yourself? Went to remove my seat this morning and found the seat bolts ridiculously tight and stripped one out. 

17 hours ago, MGG said:

The color does look good.

I don't want to create a panic, but a local T7 owner had a 9L rotopax on the rack and it did not survive in the trails. The rack broke at the last weld ... both it and the rotopax were lost from what I heard   😞   

Please check the actual rating of the rack ... I was told that there is no indication on the website.

I have the OM myself and I am happy with it ... but it is heavy steel and black ... and I have no idea what the rating is for mine either ... but it does make me want to learn more before I overload it.

Oh man, that should be posted, I wonder what AS has to say about that, 9L is about 9-10kg, it should handle at least that. I have the same rack and had retuned the OM rack for the AS one, now am second guessing myself, I have 15L topbox attached to it, and with camera gear and all in, would really suck to loose it. Am debating somehow tying the rack down incase it does break loose, maybe sometime light is not right in terms of build and durability

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Oh man, that should be posted, I wonder what AS has to say about that, 9L is about 9-10kg, it should handle at least that. I have the same rack and had retuned the OM rack for the AS one, now am second guessing myself, I have 15L topbox attached to it, and with camera gear and all in, would really suck to loose it. Am debating somehow tying the rack down incase it does break loose, maybe sometime light is not right in terms of build and durability

Why did you return the outback motortek one? Weight or design? I'm debating panniers and rear racks now, considering going all in on OM

31 minutes ago, vagrant318 said:

Why did you return the outback motortek one? Weight or design? I'm debating panniers and rear racks now, considering going all in on OM

Design, the OM one sat low and angled upward, also the side grab rails are so thin, not much to nicely grab onto, where as the AS is level with the bike and the grab rails are beefy. 

That said the AS is not passenger friendly, the rails sit so high it presses against people. I also got the AS side pannier racks for the Blizzard bags and felt matching the rack to the sides was nice, vs mis-matching OM and AS. Also got the AS skid plate which is great value. 

I do have OM lower crash bars and highly recommend them, have dropped the bike twice and low sided it last week, they work really well. 

Edited by ScorpionT16

Good info, I'm looking for a more passenger friendly rear rack I can put a pelican type case on. Outback motortek USA told me they wouldn't sell the lower crash bars without the upper? I left them a message to ask about it, want to protect the motor but don't necessarily want a roll cage..

I installed a Tusk top rack last night. Then this morning replaced the lower fork guard bolts with nylon ones and cleaned up then installed some Shock Sox I had from my last bike. If the rain would go away I’d be able to ride it! 

B46F6FB5-514F-4A4D-A077-9CC7D62B904D.jpeg

B86E0AAC-3731-410C-99E1-609A35214170.jpeg

FC453AA3-F83A-4370-B963-9ECCDB24E1FF.jpeg

• Like 3

IMG_20200804_200442.thumb.jpg.1914cc5821879d8c89aa15f02c7d2676.jpgIMG_20200804_200452.thumb.jpg.1bef109a5662b103df6e445e71d79ab6.jpgToday I fit on my TT rear rack a chinese topcase- replica of Kappa/Givi.

It cost me only 63€ and is necessary when I use the bike as a commuter. I know it is not very pretty but it's convenient. I usually have a soft bag 

Edited by Clear

Friend Darren came round and did a great job of setting up the suspension...he's a mechanic and has raced in British enduro , looked after race bikes etc. I had the hard job of occasionally sitting on the bike and making the tea!..  It has made a big improvement on the way the bike soaks up bumps and the way it handles,  corners etc. Very worthwhile doing!!  Cheers,  Steve 

20200803_163938.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Friend Darren came round and did a great job of setting up the suspension...he's a mechanic and has raced in British enduro , looked after race bikes etc. I had the hard job of occasionally sitting on the bike and making the tea!..  It has made a big improvement on the way the bike soaks up bumps and the way it handles,  corners etc. Very worthwhile doing!!  Cheers,  Steve 

20200803_163938.jpg

Looking good and handling good now.. That's what you want Steve... 👍

Aleks 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 2:05 PM, Adi Torpan said:

Heed crashbar

14.jpg

I haven’t been a big fan of the white/ red bike color scheme, but this one looks fantastic! Nicely done. 

• Like 3

Coincidence?  I just finished mounting the Zuma XT too.  Used a Rally Raid handlebar clamp.  I'll probably move it up like yours @29er when I get back from an adventure.  Too late to get a clamp now.  I finally installed the R&G case guards.  I had a little help from a local forager.  Today also saw fresh oil/filter and cleaned/re-oiled the unifilter pre-filter.  Now I just need to pack and go.

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

• Like 2