Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

On 7/22/2020 at 12:27 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Few mods so far

- Custom vinly wrap (testing fit and finish, will be selling a few custom kits)

- Barkbusters

- Scorpion Serket pipe, small version

- Cyclops Auror lights

- OutEx Tubeless kit

- Volt meter, TPMS sensor

- Red/Black levers

- Outback Mototek lower crash bars

- OEM center stand

- Pivot Pegz MKIII

- TST front/rear LED signals

not show, and added

- Adventure spec pannier racks, top rack, chain guide, and skid plate. 

@ScorpionT16 Ive got the Competition White and this is by far the best wrap I’ve seen. I’m a geographer so this design is really killer.

I’d definitely be interested in learning more and possibly purchasing a decal set if you ever get to that point. Please keep me in mind. 

thanks and that’s a great setup you’ve got!

Edited by Vtamb81
  • Like 6

On 8/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, Great Escape said:

Friend Darren came round and did a great job of setting up the suspension...he's a mechanic and has raced in British enduro , looked after race bikes etc. I had the hard job of occasionally sitting on the bike and making the tea!..  It has made a big improvement on the way the bike soaks up bumps and the way it handles,  corners etc. Very worthwhile doing!!  Cheers,  Steve 

20200803_163938.jpg

Please share what´s been done.

• Like 3

Made a quick and dirty flexible US license plate holder for my T7Rally tail tidy.  I drilled it for four countersuck M5 JIS screws, but after testing I felt just two springs offered more flexibility.  The plate holder is from 3/16" (5mm) thick Kydex .  The springs are stainless 5LB load, 0.688" long, 0.236" ID, 0.3" OD.  The screws are stainless M5x30mm JIS countersunk flat heads.  M5 stainless washers between the tail tidy and Kydex.

I may go with a thicker Kydex sheet so I can use M6 screws if I decide to stick with just two for mounting.  I'm up in the air about sticking with the M5s for some break away protection when the springs aren't enough.  I'll see how it goes.  At some point I'll pull swing arm linkage to see how close this is to the rear tire on full compression.  Jus the tail tidy alone kind of has me wondering.

Cheers!

20200811_075920.jpg

TailTidyLicenseHolder.gif

Edited by SociallyStunted
  • Like 4

The fitter has fitted a new tyre on my back rim... 😂😁... 3000 miles from new... Fresh rubber for Friday's ride 🏍️💨👍💯

Aleks 

• Like 3

Put together a bunch of obstacles on an old logging landing above my place. Good place to practice some slow skills like log hops, pivot turns and the like. If I've only got a chance for a 30 minute ride, I head up there and I'm usually gassed pretty quick. Dropping this thing and picking it up gets tiring. Learning some great skills. Not sure if this counts as something I did for my T7 today or just for myself, but I feel riding the bike every day is good for it. 

As for the bike, a whole bunch. Admittedly, not all today by any stretch, but here is the list. 

• Mitas E09 Dakar front/rear tires
  • Ring terminal connection to SAE connector direct to battery
  • Antigravity Micro-Start pump mounted under seat
  • Flush mount front running/signal lights, LED. 
  • Custom Dynamics Eclipse 2 Module for the front signals
  • Moto Gadgets M-Blaze signals integrated into the brake light housing for rear turn signals
  • Non load dependent flasher relay/LED flasher relay
  • DIY tail tidy with integrated attachment points for Mosko Moto Reckless 40 luggage system
    • Going to be modifying it to be like "SociallyStunned" has set up. Great idea.
  • $80 dollar slip on I had laying around, and CB500x mid pipe, 
  • Givi engine guards
  • Acerbis X-Factor hand guards
  • Camel gut guard
  • Camel anti bobble head
  • USB charging port installed in the unused accessory port
  • 25mm handlebar risers
  • Decalmoto kit
  • t7.jpg.f25f2af2abc7583a2a02f4ecf6e2831d.jpgt73.jpg.5db969c55eb02fd1643ca3dc9c5430f4.jpgt74.jpg.6ff31c926335abd41c961bacb9d405de.jpgt72.jpg.be0c8574deaf0f3c47eed286d8bb3f6c.jpg

Edited by sshat
  • Like 5

Fitted SW Motech 30mm bar risers today to match the increased seat height with the rally seat. Not overly happy with how they fit. They're not a precision fit and have slotted bolt holes. This makes it very difficult to get them lined up correctly. They might be going back to SW Motech. Certainly don't think they're worth the 54€.

20200814_173055.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DWEL700 said:

did you have any wire length issues with the risers?

No not at all. I've decided they're going back as they look crap. They're are much better ones out there that actually fill the gap where the bars were properly. Very disappointed. I hope SW Motech crash bars & engine guard fit better than these.

Edited by Adventure6965

Ok Good.

I have a set of Rox risers I was thinking of trying but didn't want to get into cable and wire length issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

Fitted SW Motech 30mm bar risers today to match the increased seat height with the rally seat. Not overly happy with how they fit. They're not a precision fit and have slotted bolt holes. This makes it very difficult to get them lined up correctly. They might be going back to SW Motech. Certainly don't think they're worth the 54€.

20200814_173055.jpg

I have them on my bike and for £35 I can't fault them... Let us know what you get instead... Aleks 

3 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

I hope SW Motech crash bars & engine guard fit better than these

They do. I've my bike equipped with both and they fit really well and are good quality.

Edited by qInvention
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adi Torpan said:

Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers 

edit.jpg

I have the same levers but in blue. I'm really happy with them.

20200708_182650.jpg

• Like 3

Busy afternoon working on the bike. Fitted

B&B bash plate, rear rack and tail tidy

Pivot Pegz

Barkbusters

Pro Grips 788 and cheap Chinese levers

IMG_1244.thumb.jpg.2e0c6f84bef3f571e215bf658a9873a4.jpgIMG_1245.thumb.jpg.3ad025501857ef98aa2a618b28442f7e.jpgIMG_1246.thumb.jpg.524e560fb6ee7f1183b14375f09be52a.jpgIMG_1249.thumb.jpg.c82abc03de59a1bc37d5171cfec906bf.jpgIMG_1251.thumb.jpg.337250af23fac96a9bc698349e2375e0.jpg

• Like 5

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

2 hours ago, JiXX said:

Pro Grips 788 

How are they for length and what's their diameter fitted? I'm looking for something smaller dia than the originals, I just can't get comfy with them.

• Like 1

Grips are about 8mm too short. Rather that then the original grips. Im going to trim the bars to suit. Once fitted the diameter is 30mm.

• Like 1

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

On 7/30/2020 at 3:51 PM, tenerecanada said:

@ch4kk @DT675

I went with the CRM, removed the bar end weights and used the flaring nut to bite into the thread. No problem, nice and tight. I have put this set on a few other bikes and compared to them the room on the Tenere is extremely generous behind the levers and reservoir. You could easily upgrade levers and not get caught adding bulk. 

4664F3B1-C49D-4F83-81F4-0E9EA72D6B02.jpeg

691815E9-8038-4904-BE96-89DCA383D2C9.jpeg

343BF302-47E0-4A48-BEFA-93FDF8ABA188.jpeg

Thanks for showing these pics.  I bought a set of Cycra Pro Bend CRM mounts last week, but ended up returning them because I could not get the right-side bar clamp mount fitted around the brake reservoir.  Was disappointing, but now I see from your pics that your bar clamp mounts are slightly different than the ones I got.  Below are the ones I bought and returned.  The issue is the clamp that mounts directly to the handlebars does not push the main deflector bar far enough out to clear the brake reservoir. 

What's odd is that someone else several pages back (I think it was Davey) was able to mount the ones that I could not.  Wondering how he did it?  Anyway, I ended up installing an older set of Enduro Engineering guards that I had laying around and just bought new black plastic deflectors to go with them.  But it's good to know that if I want to install the Cycra Pro Bends at some point in the future that your specific model is the one to go with. 

cyc_10_crm_rac_pac_nat_whi.jpg

Ready for serious protection? Grab the Cycra CRM Racer Pack Handguards for your 1 1/8 inch bars and ride knowing your hands and controls will be well taken care of. The CRM Racer Pack is a kit that contains everything you need to mount a set of CRM handguards onto your motorcycle or ATV with...

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 6:18 PM, Idarex said:

Coincidence?  I just finished mounting the Zuma XT too.  Used a Rally Raid handlebar clamp.  I'll probably move it up like yours @29er when I get back from an adventure.  Too late to get a clamp now.  I finally installed the R&G case guards.  I had a little help from a local forager.  Today also saw fresh oil/filter and cleaned/re-oiled the unifilter pre-filter.  Now I just need to pack and go.

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

Id like to see a full pic of your bike- is that a vinyl wrap from somewhere?

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

Thanks for showing these pics.  I bought a set of Cycra Pro Bend CRM mounts last week, but ended up returning them because I could not get the right-side bar clamp mount fitted around the brake reservoir.  Was disappointing, but now I see from your pics that your bar clamp mounts are slightly different than the ones I got.  Below are the ones I bought and returned.  The issue is the clamp that mounts directly to the handlebars does not push the main deflector bar far enough out to clear the brake reservoir. 

What's odd is that someone else several pages back (I think it was Davey) was able to mount the ones that I could not.  Wondering how he did it?  Anyway, I ended up installing an older set of Enduro Engineering guards that I had laying around and just bought new black plastic deflectors to go with them.  But it's good to know that if I want to install the Cycra Pro Bends at some point in the future that your specific model is the one to go with. 

cyc_10_crm_rac_pac_nat_whi.jpg

Ready for serious protection? Grab the Cycra CRM Racer Pack Handguards for your 1 1/8 inch bars and ride knowing your hands and controls will be well taken care of. The CRM Racer Pack is a kit that contains everything you need to mount a set of CRM handguards onto your motorcycle or ATV with...

Damn, that's too bad. Sorry if I mislead you on my original post, I had no idea that the factory edition Cycra set had different specs than the regular set - I thought it was just different plastics and blacked out hardware. I will edit my original post to reflect this.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

2 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Damn, that's too bad. Sorry if I mislead you on my original post, I had no idea that the factory edition Cycra set had different specs than the regular set - I thought it was just different plastics and blacked out hardware. I will edit my original post to reflect this.

Hey no worries at all.  I wasn't misled by your original post.  I just assumed that all the Cycra CRM handguard sets had the same mounting clamps, but apparently that's not the case.  It's all good.  I ended up saving $100 by just using what I already had. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:43 AM, Davey said:

Finally got round to fitting rally pro grips and Cycra pro bends, love em !

370FD179-F06A-411B-8E01-7F4E01FCF892.jpeg

8F0B6BB0-C2EB-448F-BA1D-D68C75674BE2.jpeg

47EC086D-00DA-451F-81CE-105093943552.jpeg

@Davey hey mate, did you have any issues getting your Cycra bars to fit around the brake reservoir? apparently @Seventh Son couldn't make it work... i've got a set of the exact ones coming... would be quite disappointed if they didn't work. mind showing us a top down picture on how it all fits together?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, 29er said:

Today I refitted the luggage rack.....Something I missed!!!! The AS rear rack does not allow the rear seat replacement luggage plate to be removed, it catches under the rack!! I didn’t realise when I fitted it, had to take the rack off cut the plate and refit it’s ok now... first pic uncut, second after cutting I’ve asked AS for a comment, seems like an oversight to me, no mention on their site that it’s not compatible, will let you know what the say and I’ll post it in the luggage section  

Then I tried out my luggage for my trip next week which I am route planning just now..... Plans changed a tad.... day one is Hereford to Lochinver via Glencoe.. 614 miles 

D3D9A365-62BF-4CB4-9E9D-223AC1E77BDC.jpeg.606e739de21ad619737421d48c97d1ff.jpeg

8A436596-190F-4B0C-9D25-695CA9A14D3C.jpeg.1daa62398830f4893d36869a4224dbf9.jpeg

2095C65F-5ECD-49A9-A117-2A24A0244886.jpeg.7af880d587c692363dfd2c9c11130688.jpeg

EF457BF1-2CBF-4DF9-99D4-1DF00CD35817.jpeg

Nice job, cant even tell it’s not a factory cut! 

I’m curious, what can the factory rack be used for/ what its purpose?  I mean how would one strap something down on it?  Looks like i might be getting a T7 with the rally pack (which i didn't necessarily want) and am curious how useful it will be. 

Edited by DT675

4 hours ago, ch4kk said:

@Davey hey mate, did you have any issues getting your Cycra bars to fit around the brake reservoir? apparently @Seventh Son couldn't make it work... i've got a set of the exact ones coming... would be quite disappointed if they didn't work. mind showing us a top down picture on how it all fits together?

Hi there, I had to rotate the brake clamp on the bar slightly and the banjo a tad but other than that fitted like a glove.

Unfortunatly I no longer have a T7 as it wasn't working out for me so unable to take any pics, hope you get them fitted as they are great handgaurds 👍

Edited by Davey
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 1:43 PM, Davey said:

Finally got round to fitting rally pro grips and Cycra pro bends, love em !

370FD179-F06A-411B-8E01-7F4E01FCF892.jpeg

8F0B6BB0-C2EB-448F-BA1D-D68C75674BE2.jpeg

47EC086D-00DA-451F-81CE-105093943552.jpeg

Are those ProGrip 714s? I had those on my WR and loved them. Is the grip length similar to OEM so you don’t have to mod anything?