Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
X Plane

What have you done for your T7 today?

DT675
On 8/5/2020 at 2:05 PM, Adi Torpan said:

Heed crashbar

14.jpg

I haven’t been a big fan of the white/ red bike color scheme, but this one looks fantastic! Nicely done. 

• Like 2

2013 Triumph Street Triple - 2013 Triumph Daytona track bike - 2017 Honda CRF250L 

29er

Fitted the xt sat nav, the Motopumps 12mm billet mount finally arrived  - 3 week from the USA, i have off set it to raise the XT over the clocks and its just about perfect i wanted it because you are able to off set it without using 6 different RAM mounts and i couldn't find anything in the UK.... it's really neat and tidy. Also fitted my Cadro  Freecom in the helmet.

...... either the sat nav or the bike clock is 2 mins out... i'm not OCD enough to change it..

IMG_9386.thumb.JPG.477b240a011c65077bca6e90f3ba63b3.JPG

IMG_9387.thumb.JPG.f4b4ebcec6315ade6da81306e28b13de.JPG

IMG_9388.thumb.JPG.002be72279b2c1af833a2cf9a1daaeeb.JPG

• Like 3

Idarex

Coincidence?  I just finished mounting the Zuma XT too.  Used a Rally Raid handlebar clamp.  I'll probably move it up like yours @29er when I get back from an adventure.  Too late to get a clamp now.  I finally installed the R&G case guards.  I had a little help from a local forager.  Today also saw fresh oil/filter and cleaned/re-oiled the unifilter pre-filter.  Now I just need to pack and go.

IMG_4196.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

• Like 1

Vtamb81
On 7/22/2020 at 12:27 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Few mods so far

- Custom vinly wrap (testing fit and finish, will be selling a few custom kits)

- Barkbusters

- Scorpion Serket pipe, small version

- Cyclops Auror lights

- OutEx Tubeless kit

- Volt meter, TPMS sensor

- Red/Black levers

- Outback Mototek lower crash bars

- OEM center stand

- Pivot Pegz MKIII

- TST front/rear LED signals

not show, and added

- Adventure spec pannier racks, top rack, chain guide, and skid plate. 

@ScorpionT16 Ive got the Competition White and this is by far the best wrap I’ve seen. I’m a geographer so this design is really killer.

I’d definitely be interested in learning more and possibly purchasing a decal set if you ever get to that point. Please keep me in mind. 

thanks and that’s a great setup you’ve got!

Edited by Vtamb81
  • Like 5

Jonas
On 8/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, Great Escape said:

Friend Darren came round and did a great job of setting up the suspension...he's a mechanic and has raced in British enduro , looked after race bikes etc. I had the hard job of occasionally sitting on the bike and making the tea!..  It has made a big improvement on the way the bike soaks up bumps and the way it handles,  corners etc. Very worthwhile doing!!  Cheers,  Steve 

20200803_163938.jpg

Please share what´s been done.

• Like 3

vagrant318

Installed my chain guide yesterday, 80$ for some plastic...

IMG_20200809_204010.thumb.jpg.97c0d96d095d9d5946fdb501b8a0af71.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

SociallyStunted

Made a quick and dirty flexible US license plate holder for my T7Rally tail tidy.  I drilled it for four countersuck M5 JIS screws, but after testing I felt just two springs offered more flexibility.  The plate holder is from 3/16" (5mm) thick Kydex .  The springs are stainless 5LB load, 0.688" long, 0.236" ID, 0.3" OD.  The screws are stainless M5x30mm JIS countersunk flat heads.  M5 stainless washers between the tail tidy and Kydex.

I may go with a thicker Kydex sheet so I can use M6 screws if I decide to stick with just two for mounting.  I'm up in the air about sticking with the M5s for some break away protection when the springs aren't enough.  I'll see how it goes.  At some point I'll pull swing arm linkage to see how close this is to the rear tire on full compression.  Jus the tail tidy alone kind of has me wondering.

Cheers!

20200811_075920.jpg

TailTidyLicenseHolder.gif

Edited by SociallyStunted
  • Like 1

Aleksandar13

The fitter has fitted a new tyre on my back rim... 😂😁... 3000 miles from new... Fresh rubber for Friday's ride 🏍️💨👍💯

Aleks 

• Like 1

29er

I haven't done anything but - i have had an email that the Adventure Spec  luggage rack set - (sides and top luggage rack) have shipped!! should be with me tomorrow / Thurs. If anyone is after the AS racks it's worth asking, when i pre-ordered about 3 weeks ago they had allocated about half of what was on order so you might get lucky...

Edited by 29er
  • Like 1

29er

Sorted -Adventure Spec top and side  rack  arrived this morning, it took me about 30 mins when i got in from work to fit them. There was a bit of jiggery pokery with the two fixings that attach the side panels to the bracket you have to bolt to the foot peg mounting, and i had to get two nuts as the clip \ lug nuts didn't seem to fit on the bracket as planned but no issue as i have a good selection in the tool cabinet - very pleased and they fit very very well and feel strong too, perfect for my Enduristan saddle bags and the rear handle will be a welcome hand hold for pushing the bike backwards into the garage too. 

IMG_9391.thumb.jpg.a79e5e6cd3d94ecce8f8e01fed608904.jpg

• Like 1

sshat

Put together a bunch of obstacles on an old logging landing above my place. Good place to practice some slow skills like log hops, pivot turns and the like. If I've only got a chance for a 30 minute ride, I head up there and I'm usually gassed pretty quick. Dropping this thing and picking it up gets tiring. Learning some great skills. Not sure if this counts as something I did for my T7 today or just for myself, but I feel riding the bike every day is good for it. 

As for the bike, a whole bunch. Admittedly, not all today by any stretch, but here is the list. 

• Mitas E09 Dakar front/rear tires
  • Ring terminal connection to SAE connector direct to battery
  • Antigravity Micro-Start pump mounted under seat
  • Flush mount front running/signal lights, LED. 
  • Custom Dynamics Eclipse 2 Module for the front signals
  • Moto Gadgets M-Blase signals integrated into the brake light hosing for rear turn signals
  • Non load dependent flasher relay/LED flasher relay
  • DIY tail tidy with integrated attachment points for Mosko Moto Reckless 40 luggage system
    • Going to be modifying it to be like "SociallyStunned" has set up. Great idea.
  • $80 dollar slip on I had laying around, and CB500x mid pipe, 
  • Givi engine guards
  • Acerbis X-Factor hand guards
  • Camel gut guard
  • Camel anti bobble head
  • USB charging port installed in the unused accessory port
  • 25mm handlebar risers
  • Decalmoto kit
  • t7.jpg.f25f2af2abc7583a2a02f4ecf6e2831d.jpgt73.jpg.5db969c55eb02fd1643ca3dc9c5430f4.jpgt74.jpg.6ff31c926335abd41c961bacb9d405de.jpgt72.jpg.be0c8574deaf0f3c47eed286d8bb3f6c.jpg

Edited by sshat
  • Like 3

29er
5 minutes ago, sshat said:

Put together a bunch of obstacles on an old logging landing above my place. Good place to practice some slow skills like log hops, pivot turns and the like. If I've only got a chance for a 30 minute ride, I head up there and I'm usually gassed pretty quick. Dropping this thing and picking it up gets tiring. Learning some great skills. Not sure if this counts as something I did for my T7 today or just for myself, but I feel riding the bike every day is good for it. 

As for the bike, a whole bunch. Admittedly, not all today by any stretch, but here is the list. 

• Mitas E09 Dakar front/rear tires
  • Ring terminal connection to SAE connector direct to battery
  • Antigravity Micro-Start pump mounted under seat
  • Flush mount front running/signal lights, LED. 
  • Custom Dynamics Eclipse 2 Module for the front signals
  • Moto Gadgets M-Blase signals integrated into the brake light hosing for rear turn signals
  • Non load dependent flasher relay/LED flasher relay
  • DIY tail tidy with integrated attachment points for Mosko Moto Reckless 40 luggage system
    • Going to be modifying it to be like "SociallyStunned" has set up. Great idea.
  • $80 dollar slip on I had laying around, and CB500x mid pipe, 
  • Givi engine guards
  • Acerbis X-Factor hand guards
  • Camel gut guard
  • Camel anti bobble head
  • USB charging port installed in the unused accessory port
  • 25mm handlebar risers
  • Decalmoto kit
  • t7.jpg.f25f2af2abc7583a2a02f4ecf6e2831d.jpg

5 minutes ago, sshat said:

Great to use  an opportunity to practice - and those bars look mighty strong too. 👍

Adventure6965

Fitted SW Motech 30mm bar risers today to match the increased seat height with the rally seat. Not overly happy with how they fit. They're not a precision fit and have slotted bolt holes. This makes it very difficult to get them lined up correctly. They might be going back to SW Motech. Certainly don't think they're worth the 54€.

20200814_173055.jpg

• Like 2

DWEL700

did you have any wire length issues with the risers?

Adventure6965
1 hour ago, DWEL700 said:

did you have any wire length issues with the risers?

No not at all. I've decided they're going back as they look crap. They're are much better ones out there that actually fill the gap where the bars were properly. Very disappointed. I hope SW Motech crash bars & engine guard fit better than these.

Edited by Adventure6965

DWEL700

Ok Good.

I have a set of Rox risers I was thinking of trying but didn't want to get into cable and wire length issues.

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
3 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

Fitted SW Motech 30mm bar risers today to match the increased seat height with the rally seat. Not overly happy with how they fit. They're not a precision fit and have slotted bolt holes. This makes it very difficult to get them lined up correctly. They might be going back to SW Motech. Certainly don't think they're worth the 54€.

20200814_173055.jpg

I have them on my bike and for £35 I can't fault them... Let us know what you get instead... Aleks 

qInvention
3 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

I hope SW Motech crash bars & engine guard fit better than these

They do. I've my bike equipped with both and they fit really well and are good quality.

Edited by qInvention