Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

EDIT: One call they’re sending me a new signal. Apparently I have a bad one on the red led side. I just gotta look forward to taking that oem fender apart one more time. Sending the new signal out today. Props to good customer service!

Cyclops 2.0 multi T7 signal kit. First issue nothing worked period! Called them late yesterday 10 minutes before they closed. Issue was my relay was wired wrong into the plug which plugs into factory plug. I fixed that then left front side signal would not flash only Daytime running light worked. I resolved that on my own, they failed to push the wire pins completely into the oem plug pigtail they provide so two signal pins were not making the connection. I have a feeling this will happen again. 

Next issue and I gotta call back this morning when they open is right rear light will not hyper flash or even work on the brake light function. Left side ok. I checked the wiring with a meter and yes the signal is getting power but no worky on brake light function. It does work on yellow signal function. So the red led in signal is defective since power is there and no red flashing on brake light on. 

I did not do a tail tidy because I’ve been in mud and as ugly as the thing is it kept it off the tail of the bike. I will say that the rear fender design on this bike is horribly stupid. And I hate that I gotta remove it again to resolve that right rear signal issue. I’ve had it off 3 times now cross checking my install and wiring and that oem fender is a stupid design. 

I do like the bright white daytime running feature up front the picture doesn’t even show how bright they are. Makes the oem chin running lights look dull. 

D249080F-2974-4C34-B971-C9DCB447C913.jpeg

22D3996C-343E-493C-8769-85CBD07AE5DA.jpeg

Edited by roy826

6.5ltr base pack fits on blizzard L bags. Really happy with the set up so far! 

No side racks just AS top rack. Handy to strap bags to for more support  just thought I'd let everyone know if your thinking about it 

20200922_152554.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roy826 said:

EDIT: One call they’re sending me a new signal. Apparently I have a bad one on the red led side. I just gotta look forward to taking that oem fender apart one more time. Sending the new signal out today. Props to good customer service!

Cyclops 2.0 multi T7 signal kit. First issue nothing worked period! Called them late yesterday 10 minutes before they closed. Issue was my relay was wired wrong into the plug which plugs into factory plug. I fixed that then left front side signal would not flash only Daytime running light worked. I resolved that on my own, they failed to push the wire pins completely into the oem plug pigtail they provide so two signal pins were not making the connection. I have a feeling this will happen again. 

Next issue and I gotta call back this morning when they open is right rear light will not hyper flash or even work on the brake light function. Left side ok. I checked the wiring with a meter and yes the signal is getting power but no worky on brake light function. It does work on yellow signal function. So the red led in signal is defective since power is there and no red flashing on brake light on. 

I did not do a tail tidy because I’ve been in mud and as ugly as the thing is it kept it off the tail of the bike. I will say that the rear fender design on this bike is horribly stupid. And I hate that I gotta remove it again to resolve that right rear signal issue. I’ve had it off 3 times now cross checking my install and wiring and that oem fender is a stupid design. 

I do like the bright white daytime running feature up front the picture doesn’t even show how bright they are. Makes the oem chin running lights look dull. 

D249080F-2974-4C34-B971-C9DCB447C913.jpeg

22D3996C-343E-493C-8769-85CBD07AE5DA.jpeg

I spent the weekend putting on the cyclops set for the T7 with the relay and it was smooth! Easy install on the fronts for sure and they work perfectly. Rear is a pain in the ass because of the sandwich plastic deal Yamaha did on the rear end with those metal clips for the plastic and the T30's. But was finally able to get it all wired up.

The only issue is I had to brainstorm on how to hold the relay on the old metal hanger. The original has a rubber grommet that slides onto the metal piece. So I superglued the rubber onto the new relay and that seems to be a good solution.

29 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

I spent the weekend putting on the cyclops set for the T7 with the relay and it was smooth! Easy install on the fronts for sure and they work perfectly. Rear is a pain in the ass because of the sandwich plastic deal Yamaha did on the rear end with those metal clips for the plastic and the T30's. But was finally able to get it all wired up.

The only issue is I had to brainstorm on how to hold the relay on the old metal hanger. The original has a rubber grommet that slides onto the metal piece. So I superglued the rubber onto the new relay and that seems to be a good solution.

I used Velcro to hold my relay into the tray. Double sided 3m tape another option. 

yea he told me several kits went out with the relay wires switched. Guess I got lucky. I’m not so sure the relay wired wrong is not what killed my right rear signals red led strip. 

3 hours ago, roy826 said:

I used Velcro to hold my relay into the tray. Double sided 3m tape another option. 

yea he told me several kits went out with the relay wires switched. Guess I got lucky. I’m not so sure the relay wired wrong is not what killed my right rear signals red led strip. 

Didn't even think aboutthe  3m tape. Damnit that would have been easier. I didn't even know the front glowed white all the time or that the rears did the blinky red thing when tied into the brake. So imagine my surprise when powered up and I used that slick little wire tap thing! I'm a huge fan of Cyclops stuff and ran their LED's on my super tenere.

I'm installing a led flasher to slow the flash rate of my led signals, PITA I bought the orange one with the offset male blades when I should have purchased the pigtail flasher with the inline male blade connector, in any case I have to make a connection,  taking longer to install this flasher than all of the led signals... oh well Teddy is passing by so it's a poor day to ride. Btw the flasher is located on right side, remove the rear plastic tail section to gain access. 

flasher.jpeg

orange.jpg

On 4/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, .Mrd. said:

always good, to have these option 🙂

with the new euro 4 akrapovic i cant remove it that easy, but its maybe good on this way, for my next step 😉

maybe the other mods will make the bike a bit faster. is not about top speed, but i test and see what things will do

and when i got an improvment, iam happy, thats what i want, combinded with the experience.

will test, airbox without the snorkel in future and with the otr filter from Off the road.

i will go for a testride with the catless akrapovic header in future too. maybe it can convince myself 😄

here i little test from yesterday evening.

Wieder jemand wegen dem man bald nicht mehr in die Berge fahren darf. Wenn die in Australien die DB-Killer ausbauen ist das OK, aber in D, oder CH? Ihr geht mir auf den Sack.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 11:59 AM, OU812 said:

Installed some Flush Mount Signals or as we call them Blinkers 😃

IMG_20200917_141607_resized_20200918_072459911.jpg

IMG_20200917_141543.jpg

These look really minimalistic, where did you buy these? Same for the rear?

13 minutes ago, OU812 said:

Got them from amazon, they call them flushmounts, mini stalk signals for the rear. 

Did you need a new relay for the front led flushmounts? Do you thimk they would fot the rear as well? I believe they have same mounting points no?

Yes they fit both positions, i used the stock signal plastic washers on the inside, i did use a led flasher, to slow the flash rate. 

On 9/19/2020 at 10:19 AM, vagrant318 said:

Installing r&g case protectors and my harbor freight allen wrenches did a great job rounding out the bolt heads lol. So I'll be replacing those bolts with something better from Ace and ordered a new allen set. 

IMG_20200918_193638.thumb.jpg.f8d7b0a85e14bdd0986df60891d02a36.jpg

I tried to install mine the other day and found the same thing. My Allen’s (Pittsburgh- Harbor Freight) worked fine but the bolts are button head and have very little purchase in the hex, and they’re made of cheese. 

Socket head cap screws have a deeper hex head and going to 5mm hex drive instead of the cheesy 4mm drive that are supplied should fix all of that. pretty sad they rounded off. The torque specs is only 8lb/ft. 

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldentaco said:

I tried to install mine the other day and found the same thing. My Allen’s (Pittsburgh- Harbor Freight) worked fine but the bolts are button head and have very little purchase in the hex, and they’re made of cheese. 

Socket head cap screws have a deeper hex head and going to 5mm hex drive instead of the cheesy 4mm drive that are supplied should fix all of that. pretty sad they rounded off. The torque specs is only 8lb/ft. 

J

I picked up some too, just replaced the one that rounded off the worst and will use the others on the water pump side. Apparently the newer versions come with the better socket head bolts

• Premium Member

Made video 

Best of Ireland's Passes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Topped up my Auto Chain Oiler after 1000 mile trip

• Like 2

Went on an adventure ride with friends to an abandoned radar base. Mostly dirt roads, three class four roads, and nice views of changing leaves! 

79E82B29-4A87-4E2E-874A-93A987DE3FAD.jpeg

5B254541-3BCB-496C-BD70-3CDF3E040D1D.jpeg

BDDF5CE3-4380-4697-9E03-7DD271261840.jpeg

Casualadv, Thought Canada was sold out, where did u find these hens teeth?

Edited by OU812

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

Looks like Australia 😄😄😄

Oz.... My thought too 😄😄

Fitted adjustable screen and seat joining kit. Wife is going off as..... has been checking credit card statement. 🤣

• Haha 1