Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

6 hours ago, DT675 said:

How is the quality around the pivot area? Many are too loose. I also hate the stock levers but winter is coming, so heated grips must come first. 

Tighter than a witches cu*t.. I got lucky I guess, although I did have to transfer the clutch perch spacer and add a little grease, slid right in. I couldn't justify 200-300 for levers when those are rumored to be made next door in the same factory... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DT675 said:

Cut .5” off each side of the handlebars. Their is kinda an odd feeling with these bars. I think it’s sweep and long reach but I think their too wide too. The .5” seem insignificant but make a nice difference for me. Hopefully enough to keep them for awhile longer.

It’s noticeable in the pics, right? 😂

(I only posted the pics because otherwise “it didn’t happen”)

---

The first thing I noticed in your pic is the bar rotation.  Mine initially felt a little "off" too.  Then I realized that my bard were rotated rearward too much.  Weird wrist angle.

I adjusted that bars by rotating forward.  And quite a bit.  I like my grips aligned w the forks and this is a comfortable stance for me. 

Again, yours look rotated back quite a bit.  Give it a test....

• Like 1

I’ve rotated the bars all over, where they are now is most comfortable for me. I don’t think the pics do a good job of showing their position well. Any more forward and the reach is farther, and more Rearward and they will start to angle down and be more awkward. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, OU812 said:

Installed some levers , much better reach and feel than the DT2 stock levers...

lever.jpg

What levers are these? They look great. How much were they?  

46 minutes ago, Huero said:

What levers are these? They look great. How much were they?  

Lol thanks, I believe I paid $20 from Ebay, just do a search there, The seller did state they were made next door to the U.S made ones although who are you to believe... some say half the bike was made in China and assembled in Japan for a made in Japan decal...who cares? Duno, all I can say is these levers have a cool Tenere 700 decal that other brand would have charged a $20 option for, other than that they feel good, no sharp edges tight fitting...

3 hours ago, OU812 said:

Lol thanks, I believe I paid $20 from Ebay, just do a search there, The seller did state they were made next door to the U.S made ones although who are you to believe... some say half the bike was made in China and assembled in Japan for a made in Japan decal...who cares? Duno, all I can say is these levers have a cool Tenere 700 decal that other brand would have charged a $20 option for, other than that they feel good, no sharp edges tight fitting...

I've got the same ones (looks exactly the same)... but mine super loose around the joints and have massive vertical play. Other members have had the same experience too from buying these china made levers. I am not particularly satisfied with them myself, but hey, they're cheap, and if you can live with the various bits wriggling around, they work as you would expect 🙂

• Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, ch4kk said:

I've got the same ones (looks exactly the same)... but mine super loose around the joints and have massive vertical play. Other members have had the same experience too from buying these china made levers. I am not particularly satisfied with them myself, but hey, they're cheap, and if you can live with the various bits wriggling around, they work as you would expect 🙂

Yup wouldn't have it mounted throw it out, I couldn't stand the loose feel. like i said mine was tighter than a witches (user typed a very bad word). what do you want me to say? 

I timed my California beach ride perfectly got home with 606 miles.

So I did the first oil and filter change.

iHiGj7C.jpg

2ERodvj.jpg

6vq7t8x.jpg

ioxpa3m.jpg

Kmj9NjC.jpg

jw4I8qT.jpg

7rVLvkJ.jpg

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Fitted (Rally Raid) 90nm rear spring. Greased linkages and fitted rear wheel with new tyre. Test it all in the morning. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Fitted (Rally Raid) 90nm rear spring. Greased linkages and fitted rear wheel with new tyre. Test it all in the morning. 

It's gonna transform the bike for you, let us know!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, OU812 said:

It's gonna transform the bike for you, let us know!

Will do 👍

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, OU812 said:

Installed my T7Rally screen adjuster kit! Install was easy, pretty mindless, Great Idea, nice piece of kit it does a great job at reducing wind blast for me.

screen.jpg

Got those as well. Just 3 cm higher from stock hight is my sweet spot.

Edited by CoreCass
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoreCass said:

Hot one as well. Just 3 cm higher from stock hight is my sweet spot.

Yes great piece of kit! 

Cheers!

I made a trailstand.

1012201026a.thumb.jpg.8f30374272577159dea6e01cf42c184d.jpg

• Like 3
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

On 10/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, OU812 said:

Installed my T7Rally screen adjuster kit! Install was easy, pretty mindless, Great Idea, nice piece of kit it does a great job at reducing wind blast for me.

screen.jpg

What material are these made of? What's the thickness?

I'm thinking of modelling and 3D printing some for myself in PETG or ABS, but not sure whether that would hold.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

14 minutes ago, duibhceK said:

What material are these made of? What's the thickness?

I'm thinking of modelling and 3D printing some for myself in PETG or ABS, but not sure whether that would hold.

Pretty sure it's plastic 7mm. I thought I someone on here has the file, might be worth a search.. Keep us updated!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

90 nm rear spring tested, set zero preload clicks. And Whoa, it is brilliant. Bike feels quality.  Feels like it should have always been. Fitted new rear tyre too so the whole handling is sweet. Accelerates with no squatting added one click of rebound damping. Bumpy roads traversed easier and more solid feel. It is a big thumbs up from me. 👍

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, OU812 said:

Double Trouble 🔥 .. I installed the much hated Yamaha Center Stand and equally hated Yamaha Heated Grips along with wiring and spacer, Easy install if you can follow instructions had have 2 sets of vice grips , The grips (imo) looks better than oxfords, and feel hotter than Hades. The Center Stand, perfect fitting, easy to use and designed for the bike!  imo A must Have, for me as it will safely aid in maintenance and storage.

asw.jpg

Oh no you didn't!!  Welcome to the super duper OVERWEIGHT T700 Club! 😉

Yamaha Main Stand Anonymous Club! 🙂👍

Don't mind those 'Fake' center stand downers. I love the convenience of a center stand.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Yamtastic said:

My hugely technical addition today was.... this sticker 😆

9F2AF442-FA2C-4501-A53D-6416F4C7D066.jpeg

7EC909DD-309A-493F-9910-BA47F619378C.jpeg

great photo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

Oh no you didn't!!  Welcome to the super duper OVERWEIGHT T700 Club! 😉

Yamaha Main Stand Anonymous Club! 🙂👍

Don't mind those 'Fake' center stand downers. I love the convenience of a center stand.

I also have and love the Yamaha center stand! I didn’t want one at 1st (my bike came with the rally kit) but after I started using it I can’t bring myself to take it off!  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, X Plane said:

90 nm rear spring tested, set zero preload clicks. And Whoa, it is brilliant. Bike feels quality.  Feels like it should have always been. Fitted new rear tyre too so the whole handling is sweet. Accelerates with no squatting added one click of rebound damping. Bumpy roads traversed easier and more solid feel. It is a big thumbs up from me. 👍

Is it inappropriate to ask your weight that had you get the 90? I’m planing on getting the 85 and I’m 180. 😉

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

Is it inappropriate to ask your weight that had you get the 90? I’m planing on getting the 85 and I’m 180. 😉

I got the 90 and I'm 160.

I ride two up 30% of the time though. And I have crash bars, skid plate, rear rack, and top case so the extra 5nm helps.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, DT675 said:

215 lbs (97kg) Kitted up.

@DT675 A 85nm spring would do you if no extra luggage or no 2 up pillion riding.

• Like 1