Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Stuck a set of Mitas e07+ tyres on her. Not today, about a week ago. Initial thoughts are they’re a decent tyre. I really wanted to go for the AX41 but they were sold out everywhere and these were getting decent reviews so said I’d try em. 

Bloody restrictions are back in full force here in Ireland now though so won’t get to try them much for a few weeks. Got out once on them so far, definitely more of a 50/50. Less traction etc. on the road but still tons of grip with a noticeable increase in the muck and gravel when off road. Can’t wait to get out again and more consistently to test further

524F8007-8785-4AEC-901B-87B28C36D8FF.jpeg

• Like 5

Got my Tech Spec grips in from @mattgif today! Used a hair dryer and installed them. Can’t wait to try them out. 
CD64A84C-A857-4F49-B1C9-83E308579C30.thumb.jpeg.42d42c2899256cb2623efb481ab55dc8.jpeg
2D3120BD-6BE9-423A-AF8B-45DE4768B848.thumb.jpeg.235b4c8a65e197e31b577c2fac5c7129.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, Jason said:

Stuck a set of Mitas e07+ tyres on her. Not today, about a week ago. Initial thoughts are they’re a decent tyre. I really wanted to go for the AX41 but they were sold out everywhere and these were getting decent reviews so said I’d try em. 

Bloody restrictions are back in full force here in Ireland now though so won’t get to try them much for a few weeks. Got out once on them so far, definitely more of a 50/50. Less traction etc. on the road but still tons of grip with a noticeable increase in the muck and gravel when off road. Can’t wait to get out again and more consistently to test further

A mate just fitted them to his DR650 and is happy with them.  Did you stick with the 150 size?

56 minutes ago, DazR said:

A mate just fitted them to his DR650 and is happy with them.  Did you stick with the 150 size?

Having just changed from rear Mitas E-10 to the same rear Mitas E-07+, the E-07 seems a lot narrower even in 150 width than the 150 width E-10. I guess that's how tires are...

6 hours ago, DazR said:

Yep I stuck with the 150. I’ve used them a bit now on wet tarmac too, no complaints 👌🏼

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 4:44 PM, Jason said:

I have over 6000kms on a set of E-07's (+ in Rear) and they are great all around tires, EXCEPT in the mud. They do not clean/grip at all. Terrible in sticky mud. Other than that, work great in gravel and OK in damp/loose sand, poor in bottomless sand - too stiff. The standard E-07 is better in mud, but nowhere near like the E-09/10 at mud traction, but the '07s  work significantly better on the road. Always a compromise. Good luck!

I think I have Yamaha disease...

51 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

I have over 6000kms on a set of E-07's (+ in Rear) and they are great all around tires, EXCEPT in the mud. They do not clean/grip at all. Terrible in sticky mud. Other than that, work great in gravel and OK in damp/loose sand, poor in bottomless sand - too stiff. The standard E-07 is better in mud, but nowhere near like the E-09/10 at mud traction, but the '07s  work significantly better on the road. Always a compromise. Good luck!

Nice one cheers. I would have said the opposite of the original e07. Guy I ride with has them on his KTM 690 and they seem to suck in the muck. Clog up very quickly and easily and struggle to shed it. 

I have to say this is based on his experience and just 2 rides but I just remember thinking the e07 plus handled mud a bit better. Honestly though there will always be a compromise and I don’t think a tyre exists which is good in the mud and on tarmac. A true unicorn if it is found haha

Edited by Jason

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nice one cheers. I would have said the opposite of the original e07. Guy I ride with has them on his KTM 690 and they seem to suck in the muck. Clog up very quickly and easily and struggle to shed it. 

I have to say this is based on his experience and just 2 rides but I just remember thinking the e07 plus handled mud a bit better. Honestly though there will always be a compromise and I don’t think a tyre exists which is good in the mud and on tarmac. A true unicorn if it is found haha

Neither the original E-07 or the E-07+ clear mud well. The + just has much bigger tread blocks making it want to 'float' up on the mud more. Also depends upon the mud a bit. My experience with both tires is on thickish clay mud. Might as well have been on ice. ZERO traction! So my conclusion is that neither of the E-07 offerings work on mud. The + lasts much longer on the road though...😀

I’ve heard reports of some people getting 10k km out of the plus. I can’t wait for this poxy lockdown to lift again so I can head out and rack some up

Depending upon what you are riding on, I'm quite sure you will get 10K km's out of them. I still have at least 60% tread left on mine after 6000kms of half pavement/half gravel.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, Jason said:

Beefy!!!!!!!!!!!

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

7 hours ago, Zbob said:

Did a cheap little upgrade to the side windscreens last night. Matte black vinyl wrap.

Wondering if Plastidip will be effective as vinyl wrap

4 hours ago, Richo said:

Give it a try, easy enough to reverse it if you don’t like it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Richo said:

That’s the route I took. Really simple application. I like the way it looks. Spraying it on the inside of the windscreen has been pretty resilient. 

4055D3EF-D70A-441F-93C2-ACB94D6396E8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:42 AM, Vtamb81 said:

That’s the route I took. Really simple application. I like the way it looks. Spraying it on the inside of the windscreen has been pretty resilient. 

interesting, I hadn't thought about it!
any close up photos are appreciate 🙂

Finally got Motoz Rallyz fitted onto mine. 140/80 18  in the rear and no issues. I'm very happy with them, best upgrade so far! I did first 100km today and they how l on the street more than stock tires but it's totally worth it as it's a great improvemet off road, especially in the sand. Not to mention the looks 🙂

IMG_20201101_121142.thumb.jpg.8ee15f901353d5946a78de44279cbe0c.jpg

IMG_20201101_121134.thumb.jpg.02e66360eb1e5bf77c42af58bc327879.jpg

IMG_20201101_121126.thumb.jpg.8c15377aea6ff501e6d8ddf1cb58a9ff.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Richo said:

interesting, I hadn't thought about it!
any close up photos are appreciate 🙂

Just followed the directions on the can. 

DC870F0D-3829-4604-B542-9B475576AD32.jpeg

20702E3E-AF4C-4D4A-BDA9-FD25C13765C8.jpeg

4A43F80D-002F-4088-8C1C-FE007C90ACF4.jpeg

B9C57039-39DB-4B4B-ADA9-E5ABE502CEB0.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/23/2020 at 7:24 PM, alpha3aax said:

T7 upgrades so far...

SW Motech top and side racks (side racks are removable which is super nice)

Barkbusters handguards.

Cool Covers Seat cover (i was surprised at how well this works!)

T7Rally Foot Pegs - 30mm lower and 15mm back.  Really difficult to install!

More is in the mail....

tenereEtc.jpg

tenereT7rallyPegs.jpg

New pegs like this are one of the next mods i’m thinking about. Yours look like boot shredders? Or hopefully not? Can i ask your height? I’m only 5’11’ but for whatever reason my knees start getting a little sore on this bike when they don't on my other bikes that are much more sport oriented.  I didn't think i wanted wider pegs until i rode the other day and found my boot constantly touching my exhaust heat shield. 

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

New pegs like this are one of the next mods i’m thinking about. Yours look like boot shredders? Or hopefully not? Can i ask your height? I’m only 5’11’ but for whatever reason my knees start getting a little sore on this bike when they don't on my other bikes that are much more sport oriented.  I didn't think i wanted wider pegs until i rode the other day and found my boot constantly touching my exhaust heat shield. 

The T7 Rally pegs are lower and back and take less pressure off the knee cap and your leg can drop down a bit more. I have a pair, but it took 5 months to get and dozens of emails to finally get a response. 

Problem is they are boot shredders, super sharp, they bend like they're made of yogurt (lots of pics on here and elsewhere showing them bent inward, and another just snapped off) and there's the chance you might never get them even after paying, much less any communication from them concerning you never getting them. Mighty big chance to take, being they're across the pond if there's problems. IMS just started making a rally peg, same dimensions as these but just not dropped down. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

The T7 Rally pegs are lower and back and take less pressure off the knee cap and your leg can drop down a bit more. I have a pair, but it took 5 months to get and dozens of emails to finally get a response. 

Problem is they are boot shredders, super sharp, they bend like they're made of yogurt (lots of pics on here and elsewhere showing them bent inward, and another just snapped off) and there's the chance you might never get them even after paying, much less any communication from them concerning you never getting them. Mighty big chance to take, being they're across the pond if there's problems. IMS just started making a rally peg, same dimensions as these but just not dropped down. 

To be fair, I ordered and received within days. Mounting them was not that hard. The right side can’t flip up because it interferes with the centerstand though. Also the gear lever cannot be adjusted low enough. And boot schredders; yes I guess so. But... Riding position is super comfy now, finally 100% natural position for my 193cm. 
All in all, I wouldn’t recommend them.

• Like 1

While there's literally hundreds of posts of the trouble people have with communication and getting their orders, I agree with you on all other accounts. And I forgot to mention that as well, not being able to get the gear lever nor the brake lever low enough, but that's more of an issue with Yamaha and not the pegs. Along with them bending, I cannot recommend as well as there are a lot of other option out there. 

2 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

While there's literally hundreds of posts of the trouble people have with communication and getting their orders, I agree with you on all other accounts. And I forgot to mention that as well, not being able to get the gear lever nor the brake lever low enough, but that's more of an issue with Yamaha and not the pegs. Along with them bending, I cannot recommend as well as there are a lot of other option out there. 

my experience with T7 was also positive, great communication Ben shipped my order fast no problems....

9 hours ago, Vtamb81 said:

Just followed the directions on the can. 

DC870F0D-3829-4604-B542-9B475576AD32.jpeg

20702E3E-AF4C-4D4A-BDA9-FD25C13765C8.jpeg

4A43F80D-002F-4088-8C1C-FE007C90ACF4.jpeg

B9C57039-39DB-4B4B-ADA9-E5ABE502CEB0.jpeg

Looks good.  Did you remove the small windscreen pieces when you sprayed them?  If so, are there a lot of fasteners involved to remove them? 

23 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Looks good.  Did you remove the small windscreen pieces when you sprayed them?  If so, are there a lot of fasteners involved to remove them? 

Definitely remove them before spraying. Just the 2 bolts on the front of the windscreen and a retaining tab in the rear that just slides out. Super easy. 

• Thanks 1