- sw-motech 30mm bar risers

- rally seat

- 90nm rear spring

- hepco&becker center stand

- bumot rear rack and 43l top case

- michelin anakee adventure front tyre replaced under warranty

IMG_3061.JPG

• Like 1

I have an ADV ride tomorrow, so I wanted to at least get my Seat Concepts seat installed and a couple easy stuff.

Knocked off a couple farkles from the smaller pile I still have.

Installed:

• Seat Concept Sport Touring Comfort seat & pillon cover.
  • TechSpec Gripster tank grips
  • UniFilter foam filter and pre filter.
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:39 PM, johnnygolucky said:

Well after reading all these posts for a year, finally got my bike 3 weeks ago. Having a year to daydream, and get the parts I need to make it how I need it to be I had everything waiting until Yamaha could finally deliver. Absolutely LOVE the bike. The motor is fantastic. Very easy to find the speed, no surprises. Linear as they say. Tractable. It's my first Twin, coming from 30 years of only dirt bikes and enduros. I'm needing a bigger bike to go further, Alaska, BC etc but still handle when the tar ends.... and this was as simple and as much a dirt bike can be with a smoother twin motor for street and longevity. The ONLY thing I don't like is the shifter and brake and not being able to lower them. I'm at the max with my rally foot pegs that are 20mm lower than stock and they're still too high so shifting while standing and rallying offroad is brutal. Like the worst ergonomics I've ever had. Waiting for an aftermarket shifter and brake lever to be designed, so hopefully someone soon will come up with this. And the brake lever is just too far inboard. Other than that, here she is. New and now. Quick list if you're interested in mods for of a off-road focus like me:

Camel Adv Gut Guard

Camel Adv Anti Bobble Head

Camel Adv high fender mount

UFO SuperMoto fender

T7 Rally tail tidy

T7 Rally seat joining mod

T7 Rally Rally Pegs

T7 rally wind screen riser

BellissiMoto axel slide and nut

Cycra Hand guards

Motz Tractionator RallyZ 

TripleClamp case guards 

LED blinkers with Day light running for front and rear better visibility 

Pro Taper Low bars

Big thanks to @Camel ADV for making such great stuff. I could hear rocks pinging off the skid plate gut guard all day today rallying 50mph down a dirt, loose rocky road. Not even a mark. Peace of mind. And the T7 screen adjuster is absolutely brilliant. 

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

Now with 281 miles and 3 weeks ago with 0 miles. My how quickly they grow up.....

Nice rig!  I noticed you added the Camel "bobble head"  AND  the T7 Rally "screen riser".  Do they interfere with each other?  The T7 Rally site says it's not compatible with the "bobble head". .. unless i read it wrong ?

• Like 1

Small decal kit from Crispy Designs ✅

Touratech Rally foot pegs ✅

Short, adjustable brake & clutch levers ✅

Akropvic dB killer removed ✅

Touratech 12mm mount ready for roadbook holder ✅

Now just need to finish running Terence in & get him dirty properly! 

96EE18C8-AD9F-45B3-BCF4-9968762A77AD.jpeg

E7309D13-DB48-445D-B9C9-084CA9EB2BDF.jpeg

AA2D4BA7-2694-4C4C-B336-0449DE7C6729.jpeg

362E6E2A-69CD-4CB4-A7A5-5E7F207F330F.jpeg

• Like 1

Gilles Tooling brake and clutch levers.

The same original Yamaha parts, but directly bought from Gilles. Less expensive.

Full adjustments.

16077821374322.jpg

16078563120800.jpg

16078563121401.jpg

16078563122894.jpg

16078563123166.jpg

16078563123998.jpg

16077821374864.jpg

16077821373340.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mototifosi said:

Nice rig!  I noticed you added the Camel "bobble head"  AND  the T7 Rally "screen riser".  Do they interfere with each other?  The T7 Rally site says it's not compatible with the "bobble head". .. unless i read it wrong ?

Unless T7 redlined it in the last 6 months, everything fit perfectly and both work exceptional. I use that screen riser anytime I'm doing more than 20 minutes of freeway. 

Looks awesome. Just bought the Gilles levers also. Really smart gear and if Yamaha endorse them then good for me. Love that F truck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matth said:

Looks awesome. Just bought the Gilles levers also. Really smart gear and if Yamaha endorse them then good for me. Love that F truck

Those F-trucks are common here in TX. You  are missing out. They are great vehicles.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:15 AM, 365moto.eu said:

Gilles Tooling brake and clutch levers.

The same original Yamaha parts, but directly bought from Gilles. Less expensive.

Full adjustments.

16077821374322.jpg

16078563120800.jpg

16078563121401.jpg

16078563122894.jpg

16078563123166.jpg

16078563123998.jpg

16077821374864.jpg

16077821373340.jpg

What are the part numbers for those? Can't make it out on the box...

On 11/11/2020 at 3:47 AM, Romiec said:

Placed an order (group buy) for Concept seats comfort low seat. Finally!!! Oem low seat is... pain. Have to use an air pad and therefore not able to flatfoot both legs.

Few days ago did a nice autumn ride -bit more than 600km in one day. Great ride, except the fact that Rugged Roads fork bracket for fog lights broke and had to do a stop to remove it, including lights. Surprised of low quality material (or design). Will go now with oem fog lights bracket.

Love the bike. This season 7+tkm. Got it beg. of March.

151A3103-9096-47DB-9167-813165092EF5.jpeg

Your rugged roads light bracket sticks out a lot further from the front of your bike than mine, did you use all four mounting holes to attach? I don’t want the same issue if you have it mounted like I do

Installed the Seat Concepts kit...lowered version. Have not ridden yet, but sitting on it no question it is 3/4"+ lower than stock. Look mom, I can flat foot. (well, close)

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, Romiec said:

Placed an order (group buy) for Concept seats comfort low seat. Finally!!! Oem low seat is... pain. Have to use an air pad and therefore not able to flatfoot both legs.

Few days ago did a nice autumn ride -bit more than 600km in one day. Great ride, except the fact that Rugged Roads fork bracket for fog lights broke and had to do a stop to remove it, including lights. Surprised of low quality material (or design). Will go now with oem fog lights bracket.

Love the bike. This season 7+tkm. Got it beg. of March.

151A3103-9096-47DB-9167-813165092EF5.jpeg

What is the bar in the back of this bike just below the side panel fender? Minimalist pannier rack?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

What is the bar in the back of this bike just below the side panel fender? Minimalist pannier rack?

Rear crash bars from Heed

YAMAHA_Tenere_700_REAR_0.jpg

Rear crash bars for Yamaha TENERE 700.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gazk7 said:

Your rugged roads light bracket sticks out a lot further from the front of your bike than mine, did you use all four mounting holes to attach? I don’t want the same issue if you have it mounted like I do

I left a low star rating at Rugged Roads web page for the bracket and got an email from them asking for pictures and description of the problem. After exchange of few emails, I found out I’m a fool...

As there were no instructions provided with the bracket, I didn’t get that the bracket has to be attached using four mounting holes ( only two bolts in the package). After the case, Rugged Roads updated pictures related to the bracket mounting on their webpage so now all is obvious. Very simple drawing as mounting instructions would have helped to avoid this mistake. Ordered same new bracket (was offered a discount, but never received).

Thank you! I really like them. They just may be my solution for an extra support for soft bags, a place to grab to help pick up the bike if needed, an extra tie off point when needed etc without the large wide side racks I've been seeing. Now to see If i can acquire them in the us. 

Paid it off!

Just got stuck in Maui for 23 days on an unexpected COVID quarantine at the end of a short vacation.  I was very surprised to not really see any adventure bikes.  Maybe 2 or 3 on the whole trip.  I could see someone make a business out of shipping people's bikes out there from the mainland to enjoy during a winter vacation.  Who cares if it takes 3 weeks each way, there is a foot of snow at my house.  I also didn't see any T7's while there but that wasn't a surprise.

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

• Moderators

Installed Camel-ADV Gut Guard, replacing the tin foil oem guard that had its share of dings.  I'll be looking for a rock garden on my next off road outing. 😉

20201217_145458.jpg

• Like 4

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

4 hours ago, mpb1 said:

Paid it off!

Just got stuck in Maui for 23 days on an unexpected COVID quarantine at the end of a short vacation.  I was very surprised to not really see any adventure bikes.  Maybe 2 or 3 on the whole trip.  I could see someone make a business out of shipping people's bikes out there from the mainland to enjoy during a winter vacation.  Who cares if it takes 3 weeks each way, there is a foot of snow at my house.  I also didn't see any T7's while there but that wasn't a surprise.

Capture.PNG

If you're going to get stuck somewhere I can't think of a better place. Rented a scooter there and enjoyed the heck out of it. Never understood renting a car when you could park a scooter anywhere. 

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

Installed Camel-ADV Gut Guard, replacing the tin foil oem guard that had its share of dings.  I'll be looking for a rock garden on my next off road outing. 😉

20201217_145458.jpg

Just got mine today...very high quality look and feel!

• Like 1

Installed the tuck pannier rack and top rack. Fitment is great and it feels solid!

C475FCD9-38E3-4C11-BA95-8D91A2E79A9D.jpeg

BC79A710-8827-4CAC-BF07-B66FFBE3010E.jpeg

18873CE3-2EE6-4461-8CF4-09078B1C6B3D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 11:55 PM, DT675 said:

Thank you! I really like them. They just may be my solution for an extra support for soft bags, a place to grab to help pick up the bike if needed, an extra tie off point when needed etc without the large wide side racks I've been seeing. Now to see If i can acquire them in the us. 

I’ve seen comments in this forum that members from US have ordered Heed engine crash bars and well received, and satisfied with the quality of packing (they really do it with care). I’m not anyhow related with that company.

• Like 1