What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Wow, what country do live in?

We can't go more than 5 miles here in Scotland 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm very jealous 🙂

I'm lucky though 

Tomorrow I have an excuse to ride (in case the cops stop me) and take my T7 to the Yamaha dealer tomorrow to get spotlights & centre stand fitted.

But it'll be raining & 32F 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Installed the Tusk smaller side bags. They fit the size of the side panel good but I’m wondering if their going be too small. Both my buddy and wife at 1st glance thought they looked small. But they also thought I was planning to put camping gear in them. I’m not. These and a tank bag (and some other Stuff) I plan to hold tools and everything it takes to change a tire tube on the trail. I want to keep the bike as light as possible while having the essentials.  For camping I’m planing to put a 1 gallon roto pack mounted to my mono seat rack. Then tie down a big duffel to that. With that said, I don’t plan on any week long type camping trips with this set up idea, just 1 or 2 overnighters. 

0896A061-AB58-4DA5-88A7-633F7E09E09F.png

613FF58B-1242-406A-B3B2-F0D2322837BC.png

Edited by DT675
  • Like 5

Tonight was shorty levers. I have a set of “Ride It” on my Triumph Street Triple and like them. Their quite comfortable and fit somewhere in between expensive ones and the super cheap Chinese ones. (They are indeed made in China too though)🤨

Anyway, on the T7 they go!

A7B89A00-6E68-4AC6-A855-BACBBCCDB3AD.thumb.jpeg.9ea5430638f8a8fa82f3be901fdafb10.jpeg

FDE2F803-1770-4A88-8BAC-79F25B0F74B2.thumb.jpeg.47c70e66fe57599fef20d0b07479b947.jpeg

E2BBA534-65CE-4B8C-B072-FB2D72B8A1A9.thumb.jpeg.0a24d182a1c7c3dd1ebca82994eb02e6.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 6:12 AM, DT675 said:

Installed the Tusk smaller side bags. They fit the size of the side panel good but I’m wondering if their going be too small. Both my buddy and wife at 1st glance thought they looked small. But they also thought I was planning to put camping gear in them. I’m not. These and a tank bag (and some other Stuff) I plan to hold tools and everything it takes to change a tire tube on the trail. I want to keep the bike as light as possible while having the essentials.  For camping I’m planing to put a 1 gallon roto pack mounted to my mono seat rack. Then tie down a big duffel to that. With that said, I don’t plan on any week long type camping trips with this set up idea, just 1 or 2 overnighters. 

They look lovely! May I ask you what capacity they have, each?

Edited by Doc Brown

On 2/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, DT675 said:

Those look good. I have a set of the wolfman e-12 saddlebags on my dirt bike, close to the same thing, and they hold the tools and tubes for the bike just fine. I have a small tail bag for snacks and stuff. 

Mike

• Like 1

I have trudged up my Garden through 3 Inches of Snow and told my T7 that we will have good weather soon and ride somewhere.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, erebaldy said:

Hi, trying out a new silencer from GRmoto.

PXL_20210213_122932381.jpg

Thanks for your post. I like the look of that. 
I’d not heard of GR Moto but a quick search on ebay and I found the manufacturer selling off previously used cans (slight signs of light use) for £90 delivered so I thought it’s got to be worth a punt for the weight saving over OEM and I won’t be too precious about the hammer it will get on the trails.

Hopefully it’s not too loud with the baffle in?

I’ve got exactly the same so can you confirm what link pipe you got for yours? 

Cheers Chris 

Hi Chris

I bought it with the link pipe from GRmoto. They have just developed the link pipe and the original heat shield bolts straight on. It sounds a bit louder with the baffle in when revved but I haven't ridden on the road yet because of the snow. Take the baffle out and it is quite loud which I don't think will be pleasant on a long ride, I'll have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, erebaldy said:

Hi Chris

I bought it with the link pipe from GRmoto. They have just developed the link pipe and the original heat shield bolts straight on. It sounds a bit louder with the baffle in when revved but I haven't ridden on the road yet because of the snow. Take the baffle out and it is quite loud which I don't think will be pleasant on a long ride, I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for that. I will give them a call tomorrow and get them to send the link pipe with it. 👍

2 hours ago, MotoCP said:

Thanks for that. I will give them a call tomorrow and get them to send the link pipe with it. 👍

are you or anybody else with new exhaust systems re-mapping the fuel ???? 

1 hour ago, Gary Dirt said:

are you or anybody else with new exhaust systems re-mapping the fuel ???? 

Maybe if it was a full system but I don’t anticipate it will need a remap for just an end can swap out.

I topped off the battery with the tender as I won’t be riding for a week or so......50 degrees + next week👍

5D722CF7-7E61-4CDE-8C46-1109CD8D1254.jpeg

• Like 1

Cleaned up some old skateboard bearings and fab'd up a nice balancing/truing stand. Two positions for front/rear axle widths. Mounted up some fresh rubber for the spring - Mitas E-07+ rear and Motoz Tractionator ADV front and got to balancing.

252531509_BalancingStand.thumb.jpg.5af3bbb6e4dc39b91dcf3a736b467fde.jpg

Needed 50 grams up front and 40 in the rear so I melted down an old lead sinker and cast some wheel weights. The fumes probably knocked 5 years off my life but I saved a couple bucks! 

2053421569_LeadScale.thumb.jpg.c48f18064dbcf814db7a9414ae6a6388.jpg

1537345753_WheelWeight.thumb.jpg.8b9831409b4cc1328839c849392c0937.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Fitted a windscreen adjuster last night

s-l1600.jpg

Which is probably just as well as a massive cock pheasant flew into my path an hour ago near Pathead in Scotland and hit me in the shoulder like a karate kick. If it wasn't for the higher screen it probably would have hit me in the head and I would have concussion!

20210217_103401.jpg

Edited by James
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, James said:

Fitted a windscreen adjuster last night

s-l1600.jpg

Which is probably just as well as a massive cock pheasant flew into my path an hour ago near Pathead in Scotland and hit me in the shoulder like a karate kick. If it wasn't for the higher screen it probably would have hit me in the head and I would have concussion!

20210217_103401.jpg

The good thing i assume from this, is that the adjustable screen mechanism broke off since it was 3D printed and not fabricated from aluminum. As far as I can see no other damage to the original mounting bracket and screen.  

15 hours ago, Samm said:

Cleaned up some old skateboard bearings and fab'd up a nice balancing/truing stand. Two positions for front/rear axle widths. Mounted up some fresh rubber for the spring - Mitas E-07+ rear and Motoz Tractionator ADV front and got to balancing.

252531509_BalancingStand.thumb.jpg.5af3bbb6e4dc39b91dcf3a736b467fde.jpg

Needed 50 grams up front and 40 in the rear so I melted down an old lead sinker and cast some wheel weights. The fumes probably knocked 5 years off my life but I saved a couple bucks! 

2053421569_LeadScale.thumb.jpg.c48f18064dbcf814db7a9414ae6a6388.jpg

1537345753_WheelWeight.thumb.jpg.8b9831409b4cc1328839c849392c0937.jpg

Nice work on the truing stand!  Are you making your own wheel weights?

4 minutes ago, zaskar said:

Nice work on the truing stand!  Are you making your own wheel weights?

Yes sir, see the second and third pic - cast lead weights.

• Like 1

Just now, Samm said:

Yes sir, see the second and third pic - cast lead weights.

Hardcore!  Pretty cool though, to be able to do things like that yourself.

1 minute ago, zaskar said:

Hardcore!  Pretty cool though, to be able to do things like that yourself.

The wheel weights were super easy - scrap wood mold, scrap lead, your wife's favorite ladle, and heat. 1 hour job maybe: (this is not my video but it's useful)