Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Decided to install the Motoz GPS that has been here for about a week. After a little argument removing the stock Pirelli, the GPS was pretty easy to install. Had to jack around with the caliper and pull the pads to get it back together. So I go for a ride to check it out, bike feels good, ride a gravel road with some rough stuff and some dirt, tire is fine. Go to stop and the rear brake is not there. Get off and look, one pad is missing, as somehow the wire clip is gone and the pin is most of the way out! Collected what was left headed home. Have no idea how that happened, the wire clip was in when I put it together. Might have to try a different mechanic!

On 8/27/2021 at 4:50 AM, McMadMac said:

I added a small light bar. Wired it so it comes on with the high beam switch. I'm not crazy about the looks of it, but with the high mount fender I was limited in the placement. I can always put the low mount back on and hang it underneath. Have to see what the winter brings.PXL_20210826_184458656.thumb.jpg.be7fcd36d7a779b5a46d5fb29a77a931.jpgPXL_20210826_184514166.thumb.jpg.e0311ffd9def3746c6d53f760fce9876.jpg

Hey mate, what brand are the bags you have on your crash bars I like the way they seem to fit into the bars. Regards Allen

On 8/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, cameron said:

I found these little gems on revzilla for $25 a few days ago.

I removed my passenger seat and footrests so I needed something to mount my new Mosko Moto reckless 80 bags.

these things are made of machined nylon-6 and weigh less than the factory hardware they're mounted with.

IMG_4537.jpg

Question about the Kriega footrest eliminators...I saw on the website they have two different options (standard and rally seat).  Did you look into what the difference is?

Edited by duggerc

8 hours ago, Allen Kelly said:

Hey mate, what brand are the bags you have on your crash bars I like the way they seem to fit into the bars. Regards Allen

Those are the heed bunker bar's with the optional bags. They work well and fit nicely, but they're already starting to fade, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, duggerc said:

Question about the Kriega footrest eliminators...I saw on the website they have two different options (standard and rally seat).  Did you look into what the difference is?

I have no idea.  I almost ordered both pn's but I just went with the standard version.  I could not find a description of the difference anywhere.

• Like 1

I've changed the tires and balanced the wheels. With knobby tires on, the bike meets my expectations. 

Inked1630695558584_LIq.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slawmir said:

I've changed the tires and balanced the wheels. With knobby tires on, the bike meets my expectations. 

Inked1630695558584_LIq.jpg

Which high zorst is that? Hp corse? Looks good. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

Fitted a set of polisport hand guards similar to the barkbusters, I removed the plastic covers that came with them and they fit neatly inside the originals, made a spacer to fit into bar weights, the bar clamps dont foul the clutch adjuster, I prefer the look of the originals, I know they'll get destroyed if I hit the deck but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, also removed the pillion pegs for the enduro look

20210904_161226.jpg

20210904_161217.jpg

20210904_161157.jpg

20210904_160918.jpg

• Like 2

Starting my Arizona Tenere build. I have a black and blue bike so I had to buy a black tail section to get rid of the blue around the edges. 

F39FB795-1EF9-4717-B826-2B65C8219A6F.jpeg

7A4E1023-F86C-468B-8B85-624D294E79B6.jpeg

322905F5-0A95-40DF-B292-C285DCA7E31C.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, One Man Trail said:

Starting my Arizona Tenere build. I have a black and blue bike so I had to buy a black tail section to get rid of the blue around the edges. 

F39FB795-1EF9-4717-B826-2B65C8219A6F.jpeg

7A4E1023-F86C-468B-8B85-624D294E79B6.jpeg

322905F5-0A95-40DF-B292-C285DCA7E31C.jpeg

looking forward to see the build develop - gonna be another good one!

8 hours ago, cameron said:

I made these little brackets to relocate my tank bag straps.

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

Hey Cameron, I liked your idea so I hope you don’t mind I took the idea and made up my own brackets out of aluminium. Works a treat mate thanks for the idea. Allen  

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Allen Kelly said:

Hey Cameron, I liked your idea so I hope you don’t mind I took the idea and made up my own brackets out of aluminium. Works a treat mate thanks for the idea. Allen  

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

I love it!  Good job.

Mounted up new tires, time for the Pirellis to go. Motoz GPS rear and Shinko E804 front. 150 miles on pavement, gravel and dirt. No complaints, no more front end oscillation, traction is good in sandy dirt and gravel. Will be interesting to see how they work in a little mud, the Pirellis do not.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@One Man Trail Might consider starting your own build thread in "Builds and Maintenance Logs" as stuff gets lost in General Discussion,  never to be seen again. ;).  Looking forward to seeing this bike come together,  especially the exhaust mod!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 minute ago, AZJW said:

@One Man Trail Might consider starting your own build thread in "Builds and Maintenance Logs" as stuff gets lost in General Discussion,  never to be seen again. ;).  Looking forward to seeing this bike come together,  especially the exhaust mod!

Thanks, I’ll do that now 👍🏼

• Like 2

Finally installed the crash bars then got it a little dirty, met the family for dinner afterwards and installed the rally seat today.

T7.jpg

T71.jpg

T72.jpg

Edited by r6realtor
  • Like 5

On 9/7/2021 at 8:04 PM, r6realtor said:

Finally installed the crash bars then got it a little dirty, met the family for dinner afterwards and installed the rally seat today.

T7.jpg

T71.jpg

T72.jpg

Which crash bars are those? Great job on the color scheme. The green is awesome

Unpacked her after 3,000 mile bike trip (IDBDR).

20210829_184334.jpg

• Like 3
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

1 hour ago, Goback said:

Which crash bars are those? Great job on the color scheme. The green is awesome

Thank you! they are the outback motortek crash bars and skid plate. Fairly easy install and one of the only companies I have truly seen crash test them and drag them down the road.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, r6realtor said:

Thank you! they are the outback motortek crash bars and skid plate. Fairly easy install and one of the only companies I have truly seen crash test them and drag them down the road.

Any problems with hitting your knees or them getting in the way at all?  I’m really liking these bars. 

44 minutes ago, Goback said:

Any problems with hitting your knees or them getting in the way at all?  I’m really liking these bars. 

Not at all, I am 5-10 so I don't have super lengthy legs but I am no where close to hitting my knees on them.

Today I swapped the OEM skid plate for an AXP. Also added the Camel tail tidy, Anti bobble-head and foot pegs. Put on LED blinkers and flasher too.

Then added gas and took it for a boat ride. I’m almost done breaking it in.

A251276A-701E-464A-BF46-EBBA98C38BE5.thumb.jpeg.90d87404e3b56d18f206e62f20b0a6c9.jpeg

• Like 3