Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Beware: Akrapovic exhaust not road legal for 2021 Euro 5 Models


bctz123
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got news from my dealer that the Exhaust that works on the 2021 Euro 4 models will not be road legal for Euro 5 Models.

Beware of that, I've ordered one and had to return it.

They do not have the price list yet, but I hope it's similar to the one from now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bctz123 said:

I got news from my dealer that the Exhaust that works on the 2021 Euro 4 models will not be road legal for Euro 5 Models.

Beware of that, I've ordered one and had to return it.

They do not have the price list yet, but I hope it's similar to the one from now.

Euro 5 sucksūüė¨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for the dumb question, but are all 2021 T7s Euro 5, or just those sold in Europe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, bctz123 said:

I got news from my dealer that the Exhaust that works on the 2021 Euro 4 models will not be road legal for Euro 5 Models.

Beware of that, I've ordered one and had to return it.

They do not have the price list yet, but I hope it's similar to the one from now.

Unfortunately you are absolutely right. You probably know that this issue is just a matter of corrected papers. They will sell the very exact Akro silencer soon and all they change is that it says it is approved for the EUR5 model. All they do is getting a revised paper from the EU authorities. These EU5 regs suck and are darn useless...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the pictures that the dealer showed me, they look a bit different, similar to the one from the BMW R1250GS.

I think akra had that exhaust valid for the BMW, Euro 5 model, and they just did a few tweaks and paperwork to make it work with the Terene 700 euro 5.

I don't know about the sound... if it's worth it to get an akra and pay 700-800 euros, with the catalic converted header.

965d6683-cc33-45aa-8de2-e6276c4df064.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, chris94 said:

Akrapovic already launched a fully Euro 5 compliant system for the MT-07:

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/21267/Yamaha/MT-07-FZ-07/2021/Racing-Line-Titanium?brandId=41&modelId=341&yearId=6264

 

I'm guessing we'll see the Tenere 700 version soon enough!


My dealership told me it will be available starting May this year and for the Rally in April.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bctz123 said:


My dealership told me it will be available starting May this year and for the Rally in April.

Isn't it out of the factory on rally edition?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, didier said:

Isn't it out of the factory on rally edition?


Yes! Hence the 1m delay for the normal T7.


I al very curious on how the bash plate will look on the T7 Rally, because they will change it.

 

I will take some pics later this month when the unit arives to my dealership!

 

 

 

Edited by bctz123
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2021 at 11:34 PM, bctz123 said:


Yes! Hence the 1m delay for the normal T7.


I al very curious on how the bash plate will look on the T7 Rally, because they will change it.

 

I will take some pics later this month when the unit arives to my dealership!

 

 

 

I just posted pics of the Eur5 Rally bash plate in the Euro5 thread.

On Friday I picked up my friends Rally, it already has the new Akra muffle which has a strange beading that looks like a dent. But otherwise it is a nice looking and even better sounding piece.

 

Akrapo Rally.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude, that looks massive. Exactly the opposite of what I would like to have on an ADV bike. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2021 at 12:48 PM, Doc Brown said:

I just posted pics of the Eur5 Rally bash plate in the Euro5 thread.

On Friday I picked up my friends Rally, it already has the new Akra muffle which has a strange beading that looks like a dent. But otherwise it is a nice looking and even better sounding piece.

 

Akrapo Rally.jpeg

 Do you have some sound clips with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bctz123 said:

 Do you have some sound clips with it?

Sorry, no sound files (yet).

 

Doc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Buongiorno 

da qualche giorno possessore del modello 2021 euro 5, ho acquistato l‚Äôakra euro 4¬†per problemi di budgetūü§™¬†a parte il discorso omologazione, ai fini delle prestazioni cambia qualcosa col nuovo modello euro 5?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.