Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

tire remount problem

zetsu

Hello all

Today i have tried to dismount and remount my front tire. Just for do some experience (my first time).

But when I reinflated it, seems a portion of tire did not come to the rim. Like the bead stay in the central part of the wheel.

I tried some way to set it correctly:

inflated to 40 psi

deflate, set  and inflate again

let wheel bounce to the ground

nothing work. I try to ride it (10-15 kmh) and you can feel the wrong portion of baed it in turns.

I have not used wd40 or talcum. Tomorrow I'll try a little of wd40 in that area, so it will be easy for the tire to "come up to the rim".

I followed this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7mBa7-5OIg

Do you have some advice for "how to set correctly the bead when reinflate the tyre" ?

Thankyou

clean the rim and the tyre well. this is best done whilst the tyre is off.

However the best home luricant i have found is hair conditioner as it won't take very long for it to dry and not lubricate the grip between the rim and tyre which you won;t want when riding (hence don't use wd40). Give it a liberel dose. don't worry about putting serious pressure in your tyres. before I got good at mounitng tyres on my old bike I would be going over 80psi.

However a clean rim and tyre along with good lubircation and it will slip on withoult too much pressure.

Thankyou dobbi,

That's why I ask befoure use wd40. I'll try with hair conditioner and more pressure (probably to 60-70 psi).

Hope it will  works withour remove again the tire. Whit the rear one for shure I'll clean rim and  use hair conditioner.

greetings

If you can lay the tire out in the sun for a while before mounting. Warm tires are much easier to mount. I've used armor all and dish soap as tire lubes too.

In the end...

I do nothing and the tire today is  set correctly on rim...

Just for precaution, I take it up to 70 psi, and retake to 30.

I'll do a rapid test in the next hour. 500m just to verify that's all ok.

Thankyou all

• Like 1

A little tire mount lube on the shoulder of the rim and on the tire bead will help seat the tire.  Check with your Yamaha dealer:   Or, any part supply store for tire mount lube.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1