Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

A few Super T’s

PNWTEN

• Premium Member

Our 3rd meet up of the PNWTenere group 

All I wanted to do is find someone to ride with when we started the group. ? I thought to myself, what have I done!???

www.pnwtenere.com

7C4EF5E2-26C8-4032-9B15-B7C40408A07F.jpeg

Supercool! Like the old pictures of the first Teneres 1983 - one type of bike in a big row?. Congratulations to build this group and enjoy your rides:classic_ninja:.

TOC1984-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/3/2018 at 6:52 AM, admin said:

Makes me wonder what our 2022 west coast USA rally will look like.

Has anyone ever heard of Baker City Oregon? Oh, the roads and trails..

I’ve ridden through most of Oregon....except that NE Corner. I need to get there and the Hells Canyon area also. 

I’m planning a rally for the PNW Tenere group next June in the Sisters/Bend area or out in Tillamook. Still have a few months to decide....

here was our 2015 rally around Mt Hood https://pnwtenere.com/august-big-event-in-the-mt-hood-nf/

It would be nice if there were more regional events throughout the year for the Tenere. Getting  corporate Yamaha to be involved has always been a challenge for us.  Our Regional sales manager usually digs out of his own budget to get us a hat or T-shirt for attendees...  which we appreciate! Coprate has no branded Tenere swag... none.. sad 

1 hour ago, PNWTEN said:

I’ve ridden through most of Oregon....except that NE Corner. I need to get there and the Hells Canyon area also. 

I’m planning a rally for the PNW Tenere group next June in the Sisters/Bend area or out in Tillamook. Still have a few months to decide....

here was our 2015 rally around Mt Hood https://pnwtenere.com/august-big-event-in-the-mt-hood-nf/

It would be nice if there were more regional events throughout the year for the Tenere. Getting  corporate Yamaha to be involved has always been a challenge for us.  Our Regional sales manager usually digs out of his own budget to get us a hat or T-shirt for attendees...  which we appreciate! Coprate has no branded Tenere swag... none.. sad 

I used to run a Mustang forum, I can't say which one due to the non disclosure agreement from when I sold it, but it was BIG. 

Anywho, we had regional events all over the country.  We had organizers set up in each region and most states who would the meetups, the cruise routes and such. It was a lot of fun.  Ford never got involved, they didnt care. In the factory's eyes, we are already customers and didn't help them sell any cars. And that was where they were so wrong. 

When the MT-07 came out, our FZ07 forum was full of new members asking about the bike and reading our reviews before deciding to buy. Yamaha, like all other manufacturers, do not understand that forums drive their sales. 

I would be open to working with the PNW Tenere group, having combo rides and events.  I would even let them create their own "group" section here in the forum if they wanted, we can even keep it private from everyone else, a private board with their name listed as the club name, and new members would have to be approved by someone from the group. 

I have HUGE plans for this forum.

• Premium Member

Yamha did introduce me to the “Star” group leaders once. All I heard from them was “We will give you your own patch! “ ? ummmm no, not on a $1000 Klim Adv rally jacket...  They didn’t have a clue on what ADV riding is. 

I’m interested in seeing where this goes... PM me when you get a chance 

20 minutes ago, PNWTEN said:

Yamha did introduce me to the “Star” group leaders once. All I heard from them was “We will give you your own patch! “ ? ummmm no, not on a $1000 Klim Adv rally jacket...  They didn’t have a clue on what ADV riding is. 

I’m interested in seeing where this goes... PM me when you get a chance 

Klim used to be a supporting vendor on my FJ-09 forum. Ill call them when the T-7 hits the USA. Im sure they will want to sponsor some of our events because this bike is gonna be HUGE. 

Archived