Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Know any dealers with a black T7?

doniv

Still looking for a black T7 without outrageous dealer fees. Willing to fly and ride as well. Any leads?

Call 5th Gear Powersports in Elko, Nv 775-738-8933 ask for Jessie

• Thanks 1

Called 5th Gear. No T7s available presently; none expected any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi doniv. Are you using the Yamahamotorsports website dealer-inventory search feature? It shows a Matte Black unit at Hillside Yamaha, 2575 S. Main Street, Lakeport CA. 707-263-9000. Unfortunately, I've found that the data in this search feature to sometimes be out of date. 

I was also looking for a T7 a few weeks ago. I called all the Yamaha dealerships within 300 miles and found one on order without a deposit. I plopped down $500 to secure it.  It is due to be delivered in June. I'll have to drive 120 miles to pick it up.

I bought a 2020 WR250F from the same dealership two weeks ago because there were none left in southern Idaho:

20210405_120448.thumb.jpg.354fa5897a935168c3dc86831e39da05.jpg

• Thanks 1

'21 Tênêrê 700, '20 WR250R, '18 FJR1300

The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated traffic.

Didn't know about that; thanks for the heads up! I'll call them tomorrow morning when they open. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugs said:

I bought a 2020 WR250F from the same dealership two weeks ago because there were none left in southern Idaho:

20210405_120448.thumb.jpg.354fa5897a935168c3dc86831e39da05.jpg

Nice pair you have there.  Had those myself.  That is a WR-R though not an F.

You are correct WRXer. I conflated two model numbers. Perhaps I am still upset, confused and emotionally traumatized due to selling my beloved '05 WR450F this morning 😉. We no longer live where I could ride it straight into the mountains, so it had to be trailered anywhere I wanted to use it. I decided a new pair of dual-sports were the ticket.  Fortunately, the WR450F went to an appreciative new owner who will also use it - as I did - to chase his young-uns' around the countryside:

20210415_100855.jpg

• Like 1

'21 Tênêrê 700, '20 WR250R, '18 FJR1300

The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated traffic.

@doniv

Check Cycle Trader shows one in Los Vegas and one in Surprise, Arizona, Phoenix, AZ., Chatsworth, CA., Simi Valley, CA. just to name the Black ones list on the first page.

Edited by UtahJack

Yeah, had been going through CycleTrader and did find availability but they're not CA-legal, unfortunately. Thanks, though!

@doniv

Even the ones in California i.e. Simi Valley, Chatsworth?

I was born in CA, thankfully relocated but, I don't believe a dealer can sell a new bike not CA legal.

Don't get me wrong love CA, best bike weather on the planet, but it is not the same state I grew up in.

Yup - no stock (didn't mean to say CA dealers don't have CA-legal inventory).

Yeah I noticed when I went back and looked that the one in Simi Valley under stock number it said sold out.

I was hoping the one in Chatsworth was still there because it listed a stock number.

I can feel for you, actually every time I here of someone still waiting I feel bad that I have two T7's. Got mine in June and my wife had to wait tell November for hers.

What makes it California compliant? They all come with catalytic converters, what else do they require? 

Edited by UtahJack

Thanks for checking! Feeling frustrated but I also realize that it's just a first-world problem during a global pandemic 😬

2 hours ago, doniv said:

Thanks for checking! Feeling frustrated but I also realize that it's just a first-world problem during a global pandemic 😬

Stay vigilant, I got my Matte Black  strictly by chance. I was working with a dealer 30 miles from me who had said by March/April. When I called back 2nd week of March, they told me 2 blue in June already spoken for  and 2 white in July up for grabs. Like you, I wanted black. On a whim, I called the closer dealer to me and the guy told me 2 had just come in, still in crates. He said 1 was spoken for and that he would go check the availability for sure and the color on the other. Sure enough, both Matte Black and the 2nd one was available.  They uncrated and built it while I was on my way there.  

Be patient, and keep calling around ....

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, doniv said:

Still looking for a black T7 without outrageous dealer fees. Willing to fly and ride as well. Any leads?

After weeks of searching and talking to dealers, I purchased my  T7 two weeks ago from Santa Barbara Motosports. My local Las Vegas dealer wanted $1,000 more in inflated fees. Mind you it's a pain in the posterior to register a vehicle in Nevada that was purchased "out-of-state" unless the dealer has arrangements with NV-DMV, but I got it done. As I understand it, if you're not going to register the vehicle in CA, you can't get a moving permit either, so "fly and ride" may not be an option unless you can work around that.  Maybe no matter since you're in CA anyway. The dealer can arrange delivery, either way there is cost to get it if you're not local. I picked up mine with a trailer.

As for the purchase experience, it was all straightforward. I felt that salesperson Kyle and sales manager Beth were up-front and honest with me. They sent me a deal sheet with all of the costs itemized. Try getting that from a handful of dealers. In the end, I put a $200 deposit on the next T7 to come in, no color choice. I was hoping for white/red, it happened to be black. I got to see both colored bikes next to each other and now I'm plenty happy with the black.

Moral of story - I was patient and persistent - paid off.

This one is mine.

2021XTZ7MCB.jpg

Edited by Boondocker
words
  • Like 2

Speaking of inflated dealer fee's... what are people paying? Its the  bs "dealer prep" fee, in particular, that is ridiculous. I told the sales manager at the dealership I got my bike from to just leave it crated, I'd come pick it up in my truck  and build it out of the crate myself. He obviously didn't go for that. I Paid $12, 500 otd... $500 less than they were initially trying to get from me. The first dealership was up front with their otd price from the get go... they wanted $12,600. 

The cheapest I've heard is $12,300 otd. Has anyone done better than this?

1 hour ago, JohnnieBoy said:

Speaking of inflated dealer fee's... what are people paying? Its the  bs "dealer prep" fee, in particular, that is ridiculous. I told the sales manager at the dealership I got my bike from to just leave it crated, I'd come pick it up in my truck  and build it out of the crate myself. He obviously didn't go for that. I Paid $12, 500 otd... $500 less than they were initially trying to get from me. The first dealership was up front with their otd price from the get go... they wanted $12,600. 

The cheapest I've heard is $12,300 otd. Has anyone done better than this?

I paid $9,799 plus a $75 doc fee and taxes.

Total OTD was just over $10,500 with sales tax. 

All the other dealers I called were close to $12 OTD, a six hour round trip to save around $1500 was a no brainer. 

Ugh, Just finished calling over 20 dealers. None to be found. I was told that I could be added to a list but most likely nothing till the 2022 come out. Crazy!

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, mpatch said:

I paid $9,799 plus a $75 doc fee and taxes.

Total OTD was just over $10,500 with sales tax. 

All the other dealers I called were close to $12 OTD, a six hour round trip to save around $1500 was a no brainer. 

Yours is the first I've heard of a dealer selling aT7 under MSRP. They gave you a well discounted price since they have to pay freight and dealer prep is a real thing. My OTD was just under $12K including 8.5% sales tax, freight (595), dealer prep (388) and doc fees. Nevada registration was on top of all that.  I'm curious to know how many hours Yamaha suggests for prep. I tried to get mine in the crate but the dealer said they were liable for delivering a fully setup and running motorcycle, which they did.

8 minutes ago, Boondocker said:

Yours is the first I've heard of a dealer selling aT7 under MSRP. They gave you a well discounted price since they have to pay freight and dealer prep is a real thing. My OTD was just under $12K including 8.5% sales tax, freight (595), dealer prep (388) and doc fees. Nevada registration was on top of all that.  I'm curious to know how many hours Yamaha suggests for prep. I tried to get mine in the crate but the dealer said they were liable for delivering a fully setup and running motorcycle, which they did.

So what was your total otd price, after tax?

My dealer actually showed a discount in the msrp rather than coming down off their rediculous dealer prep fee. 

I haven't heard of anyone getting  a deal anywhere near as sweet as mpatch, not on a bike that is as unobtainium as the T7 right now... dealers market on this bike right now, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, JohnnieBoy said:

So what was your total otd price, after tax?

11980. Based on my research, that was a fair price in my shopping radius. The Las Vegas dealer wanted 13,100 and flat-out told me he was going to sell it for that price and I could take it or leave it. Such salesmanship and customer loyalty building! I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Back in February the dealer closest to me called me to pick up a black T7. On getting there I found that the dealer had $452 in freight and $1,562 on the invoice, taking the total to over $13K. Couldn't rationalize that, and the dealer was like "take it or leave it," so I left it.