Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Know any dealers with a black T7?

doniv

4 hours ago, Boondocker said:

Yours is the first I've heard of a dealer selling aT7 under MSRP. They gave you a well discounted price since they have to pay freight and dealer prep is a real thing. My OTD was just under $12K including 8.5% sales tax, freight (595), dealer prep (388) and doc fees. Nevada registration was on top of all that.  I'm curious to know how many hours Yamaha suggests for prep. I tried to get mine in the crate but the dealer said they were liable for delivering a fully setup and running motorcycle, which they did.

B5175A53-25BC-4468-B0C5-A74A09842DC4.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mpatch said:

B5175A53-25BC-4468-B0C5-A74A09842DC4.jpeg

Wow. I think I would have driven there for that deal... It IS "worth the drive to save you money!"

13 hours ago, JohnnieBoy said:

Wow. I think I would have driven there for that deal... It IS "worth the drive to save you money!"

And they still made money of the deal. 
I have bought 3 new bikes in my life and never paid more than a small document fee. 
Gotta shop around.

8 hours ago, mpatch said:

And they still made money of the deal. 
I have bought 3 new bikes in my life and never paid more than a small document fee. 
Gotta shop around.

Yeah, I've bought 3 bikes new now too. I've also bought a new car and a new truck . I usually always do very well but this bike is a different beast right now. The dealers are unfortunately holding most all the cards. Why I was very surprised to see the deal you got... almost unbelievable. I wasn't happy giving those jackoffs extra $$$ but either that or don't get one right now. Every other dealer I spoke with in a 100 -150 mile radius had the same story. Remember, I'm in Commiefornia, and I don' have the luxury of buying out of State - another firm grasp on the sac they have. I just bit the bullit on this one and opened my wallet. I knew I wasn't gonna get this one for under $12,500. Like most of us, I've been waiting for this one since 2015... and I'm stoked. Just glad I got one early, some people are not even able to get their hands on one at all. It's all relative.