Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Power Harness

XPLRmoto

I've been working on a power harness (wire harness) for the T7. It's meant to be a plug and play option for connecting your first 2 items up front on your bike (probably most often a USB and GPS). It comes ready to connect an additional 4 fused items (not included). The harness is designed to connect to the stock aux connector as a trigger for a relay and to fit nicely into the free space under your seat.

I'm looking for 2-3 people that I can send a free harness to that would be willing to install and give me feedback. I'm selling the harness for $125 so anyone else that is interested in getting one can contact me for a link. If you'd like to be included in the pilot group and receive a free harness, please comment below and let me know why you'd like to be included.  I'll be choosing 2-3 people to send a harness to as soon as possible.

I'm adding a couple images of the harness and a link to the YouTube install video for reference about what the harness includes.  Feel free to comment with any questions or feedback, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

IMG_2395.png

IMG_2449.png

IMG_2454.png

Kinda like this, but different?

IMG_20200608_203231 small (2).jpg

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

@Canzvt, Thanks fro your comment. From what I can see, that looks like it might be similar.  For comparison, here's what's built into mine:

• 6 position fuse block
  • 10AWG power and ground from battery
  • Relay trigger for switched power that comes off the stock aux connector so you don't need to splice into or cut any of your bike's wires
  • Heat and Abrasion protection for all the wires
  • Open lines off fuses 1 & 2 routed to the front of the bike for your first 2 accessories
  • Fuse Block sits in the battery area and leaves open the extra space under the seat for additional items
Edited by XPLRmoto

I would like to be included, however I wouldn't be able to instal the block until early May.  I have a question. Are there going to be any hot circuits or are all of the circuits going to be triggered by the ignition?

John

• Like 1

@JohnfromDP Thanks for reaching out! Early May might still work out. I'll send you a DM to keep your contact so you can let me know when you're ready.

Also, this version has every line behind the relay and ignition triggered.  

I used a Rowe PDM60 as I like being able to configure the amps each circuit gets independently of each other and the time of the delay is programmable for each of the 6 available circuits. It is smaller and hides well.  Seems like you have alot of competing fuze blocks that are plug and play as well. Do you have a GUI that you can use to program each individual circuit or are they set and fixed IRT amps/delay time?

• Like 1

@Firebolter Great feedback. The fuse block I'm currently using is not a smart block, so no adjustment of delay times or amps. The other options that I'm aware of are limited in their direct application to the T7 which is what I'm trying to create for people that are less interested in collecting electrical supplies and learning how to implement.  So basically, though this harness doesn't currently have all the bells and whistles you can get when building on your own, it is laid out to fit specifically within the T7 and hide and protect the wires.

If you buy a PDM60, you're going to have to measure and cut wires, attach connectors, run wires to the front of your bike, decide how to protect those wires and buy supplies to do it, etc. We're trying to help people that would like to avoid that process.

Edited by XPLRmoto

24 minutes ago, XPLRmoto said:

Note: If you buy a PDM60, you're going to have to measure and cut wires, attach connectors, run wires to the front of your bike, decide how to protect those wires and buy supplies to do it, etc.

You don't have to measure and cut anything any different than any other fuse block. The main things people should consider when buying a fuse block:

How many circuits do you need and how many does the block offer

How many amps can each circuit handle/total amps for the fuse block

Are the circuits programmable or fixed

What is the physical size of the block, smaller is better

---then select the block that meets your needs and install.

PDM provides quickloc's so easy to connect it up. I used the right side 3 wire Aux Plug connector under the side shroud and grabbed the IGN TRIGGER wire from that line for the PDM and then used the remaining +/- to power my GPS mount which stays on the bike. That circuit is IGN triggered already and on a 2A fuse.  PDM mounts to the battery like any other fuse block. Regardless of fuse block used, you will have to route wires somewhere on the bike depending on where you mount the block and where the accessories are you need to power, so that is applicable to any fuse block used.

IRT protecting wires, again, that will be true regardless of block used. I simply fished a piece of corrugated wire protection under the tank to the battery compartment from the front of the bike behind the shroud on the right side and ran the wires through there. Simple, cheap and effective.  I even fished a piece of string in there so I can easily pull wires through for future installs. String trimmer line works great for fishing wires through the bike!

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I had a PDM80 several years ago.  It was slick but what I didn't care for was that circuits would shut off and not work  for a few weeks then they would work again.  I had this problem even after I had the bike sitting on a Battery Tender or after I installed new batteries.  I dont believe mine was programable. It was overkill for an enduro type bike. When I sold the bike I didn't even consider pulling the PDM off for the next bike. I like the idea of XPLRMOTO's fuse block.  Not much to go wrong and easy to access and trouble shoot. Plug and play.  When Im on a multi day ride I want things to work when needed and I want to be able to address any problems that may arise......Well done...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely interested.  Currently have a GPS direct wired in but am adding fog lights asap.  

@JohnfromDP & @advrallymoto Thanks for your interest! The best way to find and purchase the harness right now is in our eBay store (link below). Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

s-l400.jpg

We make each harness by hand ourselves in Florida. This harness gives you a plug and play option for getting your accessories connected to power only when the key is on! We built this harness to give you an easy way to connect...