Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere - engine vibration from 5000 rpm up

Tomek

1 hour ago, Idalzate said:

Today I will check that it is not wearing out prematurely, I think that with the kms I have it should still be in good condition

The front sprocket will do about 13 to 15k km, if you change it then the rear sprocket and chain will last another 13 to 15k km.

If not the front starts chewing on the chain and you can change the whole set at maximum 20k km.

Remember, the front has just a fraction of contact surface ad the rear and will wear much sooner.

14 hours ago, Idalzate said:

The strange thing about what happened with my t7 is that I remember the exact moment when this vibration started, it wasn't something progressive, it just wasn't there and then yes

I feel these vibrations are when I give throttle, at idle, and movement, they are not felt, most of the time I feel them when I give throttle while moving.

Very odd.  You could go through the whole engine looking for something like a balance component out of alignment, if that's possible.  Let's hope it's something simple hey.  If it was me I'd be checking every mounting bolt on the engine first then I'd inspect the drivetrain as suggested above.  This is relatively easy to do with a socket set and a few other tools.

Keep us updated ok.

https://www.fz09.org/threads/2014-mt-09-engine-vibrations.65348/

And just for laughs

fz07_sharer_logo.png.3fd3e4f66c84e31060f

Hello, everyone. Ive got a 2023 R7 with 2500 km on it. Two days ago I took it to get dyno tuned after taking out EU 47hp restrictions (air filter and velocity stacks) Today my engine blew up on the highway. I was riding in 6th...

Edited by winddown

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had any luck with solutions for this problem? I've severe vibrations kicking in from 4000RPM and up to the point of not being able to ride the bike for more than about 15 or 20 minutes. As it goes away completely when I'm rolling with the clutch in and I can get the vibration in neutral at a standstill it's definitely engine and not drive train (sprocket etc). The bike has about 13,000kms on it.

Yamaha Australia have told my dealer they have never come across any issues with vibration in the engine which I find unbelievable, there's enough comments on the forums to show it's real. 

It's all been properly serviced by the dealer with regular oil changes, chain clean/lube, etc but it shook so much one of the engine mount bolts came loose! (not out, just loose). I re-torqued all the mounts but still no luck. 

I'm desperate for feedback if anyone has had any luck.

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, Idalzate said:

Today I will check that it is not wearing out prematurely, I think that with the kms I have it should still be in good condition

@Idalzate Did you get somewhere at the end?