Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM Crash Bar Installation Instructions

CackalackyADV

Does anyone happen to have a PDF version of the OEM crash bars installation instructions? (2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700 ENGINE GUARD KIT - BW3-F43B0-V0-00).  Nothing is coming up in google searches.  Any help you guys can offer would be great.  Thanks.

Edited by CackalackyADV

Hi there,  I didn't install mine but I did remove the right side (more or less) in order to remove the right side plastics so I could install some heated grips and a phone charger cable.   I'd be willing to take pics of attachment points etc if you would like.  I did have to tie the clutch lever to the grip to be able to access one of the attachment points on the right side.  

YES!  Thank you.  After I installed mine I must have accidentally trashed the instructions.  I like to keep copies (the torque specs are also of interest).  Was this the only page?  Seems like it was a 2 page document.  Thank you again.

Edited by CackalackyADV

I can't remember where I saw it (could be here), but wasn't there a recall on one of the washer placement in one of the bolt up to the frame...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, CackalackyADV said:

Does anyone happen to have a PDF version of the OEM crash bars installation instructions? (2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700 ENGINE GUARD KIT - BW3-F43B0-V0-00).  Nothing is coming up in google searches.  Any help you guys can offer would be great.  Thanks.

Do these OEM guards mount to the engine or the frame? 

• 10 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:30 AM, Treps said:

Is this what you are after? 

T7 OEM crash bars instructions.jpg

Help please. I am taking off the factory installed oem crash bars and I have an aluminum spacer between 12 and 13. 1. Ina stock t700 is there a bolt through 12-13?  2. Is there an aluminum spacer there without the oem crash bars?

thanks. 

11E83431-ADB5-45AD-ABF1-C19A6D7E6ED7.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Black Dog Moto said:

692B709C-25C9-4E2E-A0D0-A51A6CD18878.jpeg

5B4E5D99-E3B8-48C9-B36C-E5AED650AAAD.jpeg

512F5CD1-D245-495A-A1EC-06F2672E9C24.jpeg

Awesome thanks. It looks like “nothing “ is bolted, or connected or existing between the flanges where 8-10 12 etc are. Is that correct ?

028D801A-1C93-4DCD-9D14-E2F7EAF70641.png

1 minute ago, Black Dog Moto said:

#8 bushing takes up the space and connects the two tabs. 

And not needed otherwise. Thanks. Help appreciated. 
now on to installing the Camel one finger clutch….

No you do need it. Otherwise it puts undue stress on one tab. There’s a thread here showing a guy had his tab break off because that piece was missing. 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

16 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

No you do need it. Otherwise it puts undue stress on one tab. There’s a thread here showing a guy had his tab break off because that piece was missing. 

I took OFF the OEM crash bars. There is no longer a bolt going through the two tabs.  I did read that thread. He said he saw it broken off and never dropped the bike on the crash bars. That sucks but those tabs seem to only be for the crash bars and if you aren't using the OEM crash bars then they are like tonsils in our throat.

Thanks for the help.

The Camel One finger clutch install went smoothly. Camel products are great!

32 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I took OFF the OEM crash bars. There is no longer a bolt going through the two tabs.  I did read that thread. He said he saw it broken off and never dropped the bike on the crash bars. That sucks but those tabs seem to only be for the crash bars and if you aren't using the OEM crash bars then they are like tonsils in our throat.

Thanks for the help.

The Camel One finger clutch install went smoothly. Camel products are great!

Those are the rear shock mount when the CP2 engine is used in the MT07 or R7.

They are not used when the engine is mounted into our bikes.

33 minutes ago, williestreet said:

Those are the rear shock mount when the CP2 engine is used in the MT07 or R7.

They are not used when the engine is mounted into our bikes.

Phew !!  Thanks. 

On 3/15/2022 at 4:12 AM, NeilW said:

Phew !!  Thanks. 

Just be careful with the upper engine mounting bolts, it seems some have been stripping the threads out of the motor with the recommended torque.

I am in the process of installing a set of SW mototech bars, which has ground to a halt because the cross member fouls on the headers.  Perhaps it's the new cat arrangement, it altered the lay of the pipes?  Either way I'm glad, it allowed me time to look around and find that thread.  I for one won't be pulling those hex bolts up to 75N.m

• 1 year later...

Hello, sorry to revive this thread but it felt like the most appropriate place to post my question. 

I bought an OEM crash bar set from someone but it's missing the 56mm bushing (part #8 on the part list in the instructions). Does anyone know if there is an easy way for me to source this? The instructions clearly state that the parts cannot be sold separately. It may still be worth it to call Yamaha USA... that's my next step at the moment. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

Hello, sorry to revive this thread but it felt like the most appropriate place to post my question. 

I bought an OEM crash bar set from someone but it's missing the 56mm bushing (part #8 on the part list in the instructions). Does anyone know if there is an easy way for me to source this? The instructions clearly state that the parts cannot be sold separately. It may still be worth it to call Yamaha USA... that's my next step at the moment. 

Thanks!

Is that the one that keeps the tabs of the engine from snapping when you torque the bolt?  If so, it is actually a spacer to do as I state above. You could just use  56mm of washers or two 28mm spacers etc. It is there only to keep the tabs from breaking off. Of course that is very important, but how you do it doesn’t require a “special “ spacer. 

1 minute ago, NeilW said:

Is that the one that keeps the tabs of the engine from snapping when you torque the bolt?  If so, it is actually a spacer to do as I state above. You could just use  56mm of washers or two 28mm spacers etc. It is there only to keep the tabs from breaking off. Of course that is very important, but how you do it doesn’t require a “special “ spacer. 

Yes, I believe you are correct! You know, I didn't even look that closely to notice that there was space between the engine tabs. I thought it was one big sleeve and I would need it to fit perfectly. I see what you're saying, as long as I have something that is the correct length and fits on the bolt to support the tabs when I torque down, I should be good. 

Thank you!

Just now, IDT7 said:

Yes, I believe you are correct! You know, I didn't even look that closely to notice that there was space between the engine tabs. I thought it was one big sleeve and I would need it to fit perfectly. I see what you're saying, as long as I have something that is the correct length and fits on the bolt to support the tabs when I torque down, I should be good. 

Thank you!

Yes but make sure it fits snug. Easy to break those tabs. Then you have to buy a different crash bar set up. …not a whole new engine 🙂

Yes but make sure it fits snug. Easy to break those tabs. Then you have to buy a different crash bar set up. …not a whole new engine 🙂

Right, it needs to take the force of an impact as well, so no free play. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

Right, it needs to take the force of an impact as well, so no free play. 👍

With the oem crash bars installed you will need to order the OEM crash bars special camel adv ONE finger clutch mod. That bar you are installing there gets in the way of the original. - you were planning to by the Camel one finger mod, right ? 

With the oem crash bars installed you will need to order the OEM crash bars special camel adv ONE finger clutch mod. That bar you are installing there gets in the way of the original. - you were planning to by the Camel one finger mod, right ? 

I actually have the regular one finger clutch mod. I was planning on re-installing the OEM clutch while I worked on modifying the Camel one to fit. Are you saying the OEM clutch bar doesn't work with the OEM crash bars? 

2 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

I actually have the regular one finger clutch mod. I was planning on re-installing the OEM clutch while I worked on modifying the Camel one to fit. Are you saying the OEM clutch bar doesn't work with the OEM crash bars? 

No. Maybe we are mixing words. The original camel “one finger clutch mod would hit the oem crash bar so he had to make a shorter arm. 
just saying the camel adv one finger clutch mod is a great upgrade. - I don’t mean to be confusing. 

Edited by NeilW

Just now, NeilW said:

No. Maybe we are mixing words. The original camel “one finger clutch mod would hit the oem crash bar so he has to make a shorter arm. 
just saying the camel adv one finger clutch mod is a great upgrade. - I don’t mean to be confusing. 

Understood. Yeah, I have the one finger mod installed currently, and I love it. Unfortunately I ordered the regular one before I got my hands on the crash bars. So at the moment, I think my plan is to modify it to fit. It looks like I may just be able to grind some of the length down and be limited to using the inner hole on the clutch arm of the original one finger clutch mod. 

• Like 1