Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

You have won a lot of money and have space in the shed. Your wish list is.....

shaneygrog

1 hour ago, johnnygolucky said:

Nice, Cruzin!

I did that same thing about 10 years ago. Popped in 2 windows in the side as well. It was a little 5x8 and I insulated it, wired in led lighting, heater that all ran off a 1K Honda genny that I welded a coupling off the exhaust for a high temp hose so it could run in the back of the truck, with the hose sticking out from the canopy window and the electrical cord into the front of the trailed under a boat towel I installed. Kept it quiet and protected the genny from the rain and snow. Fold down table and removable bed. Rino lined the top so it never would leak. It was cheap and worked great for hauling the dirt bikes and and mountain bikes and camping in it as well as a mobile skiing and hunting cabin. 

Make me jealous looking at your future little camper, always wished I never sold that thing, great memories in it with the girlfriend and dogs. 

DSC_0040.jpg

I wish I had just bought that from you! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I wish I had just bought that from you! 

Yeah man I hope you post pics of your build with that thing over time. Such great memories, and if you have any questions or ideas, feel free to write me. In the pic I had a little buddy heater. I wouldn't go that route again. Propane creates such moisture and would shut down with the carbon monoxide safety switch. So I got one of those little tip proof metal shop heaters, I think it was only 750w on the low setting which worked great for the 1K watt Honda. Warm instant heat and no moisture and really dried out the trailer after a day in the rain or skiing. 

Looking froward to your project! 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

1978 RD400E
1927 Scott Flying Squirrel
1961 Manx Norton
1999 Honda CR500 (with street legal kit)
1978 Suzuki GT185
1953 Velocette MAC 350

McLean Monocycle
1953 Harley KK model
ANY Vincent (even a Comet)
Britten

and of course, ANY Spagthorpe ever produced

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Street Triple Rx

Either an S1000R or a Tuono 1100

R1M

XSR900

KTM 500

WR250R

Rocket III

A Grom (because why the hell not)

These come to mind. Considered adding a couch or a big sport tourer, but in all honesty I don't think I would ever actually use them. I would much prefer to due offroad detours on one of the other bikes.

Honda RC30

TZR250 3XV Japanese import

Yamaha SRX-6 Japanese import (later mono shock 17” wheel version)

Harley Panhead

Ducati 750 F1 Laguna Seca

Ducati Supermono 

Vincent Black Shadow

1986 Suzuki GSX-R750 Limited with the badass dry clutch

Kawasaki H2 750 two stroke triple

Bimota DB1

Bimota Tesi 1D

Indian FTR1200

all in addition to my current stable

1985 Yamaha RZ350 Yellow and Black Kenny Robert’s edition

1999 Ducati 900SS 

2007 Harley Dyna Superglide with all Ohlins suspension

2021 Tenere 700

Edited by scytale

Missed this thread, Are we talking big bucks?
  I’d take riding lessons. Hire Wayne, Freddie, And Eddie so when we meet you guys would say, “who was that crazy A hole that just blew by?”

• Like 1

A 1976 Ducati 900SS and a poster of Raquel!

(Both are boyhood dreams...)

Rare Ducati 900SS Very Rare 1976 Ducati 900SS » The Motorcycle Broker

Amazon.com: One Million Years B.C. [Double Play] [DVD]: Movies & TV

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 2/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, cstatman said:

1927 Scott Flying Squirrel
1999 Honda CR500 (with street legal kit)
Britten

👍 I want a '34 Squirrel, the CR500 would make a GREAT snowbike, and I had a chance to buy a Britten in '97. They were asking $100K USD. I was close-only short $97K!😆

Bimota Tesi (new one)

Bimota SB8R (any one)

RC45

ANY 2 Stroke RACE BIKE from the golden era (art)

2021 Porsche GT4

Edited by Canzvt

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 1 month later...

Indian FTR

Aprilia Tuono V4R

TM 530EN street plated

Honda RC51 just to mount on the wall

Restored all OEM 1993 Honda CR125

Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200

Just need to figure out how to explain to the wife that I need more bikes

8A10B22C-AA0E-4E2D-81C7-789CA2818A49.jpeg

• Like 2

FTR 1200

Indian scout (just to have tried one)

V85TT - surprising on how many lists this guzzi shows up!

Currently - apart from the T7

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8v se

Moto Guzzi Nuovo Falcone '71

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, .Mrd. said:

hmm

if the corona fake story would be over and the people would start to think and a  fresh restart without the old system.

strip the bike t700, maybe contact durbahn

let the parts scan, let rebuild the frame in titanium with some changes 🙂, change parts against lighter maybe better ones,

go more minimalistic and remove all the last electronic abs stuff, to make the bike like my ktm 😄, nothing left.

and then a cp3 swap would be interessting. before swap go for good classic tuning, like my 660 engine.

camshafts, head machining, reinforced connecting rod, bigger injection...

i think a 170-180 kg enduro with about 130-140 hp would be funny to drive.

exhausting, could be, but it wouldn´t become boring over time 😄 and you can drive every where 😉

i have to say, that italian brands like ducati and aprilia offer some kind of such parts, to make the bike weight like noting 🙂 

i know because my brother have one tuono v4.

Corona fake story you are right saying...

• 10 months later...

Bimota Tesi H2 and a Brough Superior SS100, maybe a HD Street Glide also and some cars and probably 2 or 3 more tractors 😉 

• Like 1

None.
I would finish the T7 with the last details i don't dislike enough to spend more money on and change some parts for lighter option like the carbon panels Pol Tarres had on his Erzberg version.
Then i rebuild the garage into a proper shop and do some updates on the house to have a perfect base and go off on a round the world trip.

• Like 1

I honestly can't think of one?  All the older bikes I owned were great, then became pigs compared to the later bikes I bought.  I remember riding with a mate in the 80's, me on my kwaka Z1R and he on an 1100EFE, we swapped at one point and when I got back on my bike it was never the same, a heavy old pig!  I'd probably do what I have done for years, squirrel the money away and watch and wait, then snag the bike of my dreams when it came off the production line.  Or six months later actually when I had an idea of it's build quality.  I guess I don't qualify as a collector lol.  Sorry.

2 hours ago, winddown said:

I honestly can't think of one

You Aussies are a strange lot....

• Haha 1

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Well, let's say it's 40k £/€/$.

I think I'd use a quarter of the money for tools (Stahlwille, or probably Gedore 'cos they're half the price of Stahlwille), building a top notch workshop in the shed.

Another quarter for some completely over-the-top but cool mods on the T7 (like spending 5k on suspension, 5k on carbon parts, a second wheel set and so on).

A quarter for paying a local gravel pit or quarry owner for letting me ride in his place anytime.

Last quarter as bribe for cops and for synthetic fuel (fight climate change) 😁

Edited by Tenerider

21 hours ago, Hibobb said:

You Aussies are a strange lot....

Oh yes.  We aren't at all like Americans, though we can pretend to be when it suits out purposes 😉

gilligan.jpg.bfa62b76f6a295778626475b3c50091b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, is this limited to a number of bikes? First off I would get rid of the T7 and replace it with a world raid, then I think a Tenere 1200 for rides with the lady, a buell 1200 just for fun, a CR500E because you can full road register them here and they’re nuts, and I would no doubt update my ‘13 Harley for something similar but new with an even more stupider motor. I think that would do for a start. 

I would like a thoroughly reliable BMW R1250GS with no niggling faults such as rusted driveshafts, failed driveshafts, soft cams, software issues, loose cross spoke wheels, buggy Nav 6 GPS, and two good knees to ride it with.

USA Powerball lottery is at 1.9 Billion dollars tonight, the first thing I am gonna do is build a lot bigger shed!!!

• Haha 2

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 11/8/2022 at 3:28 AM, Hibobb said:

USA Powerball lottery is at 1.9 Billion dollars tonight, the first thing I am gonna do is build a lot bigger shed!!!

When you were informed that you won the powerball, didn't you wonder about the funny grammar in the email and that they asked you to first pay a fee in order to get the lottery pay out procedure running? 😁

Sorry for the shattered dream about the new shed 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2