Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel Adv Products high mount exhaust anti signal melting mod

kyle01

Hey all-

Installed my exhaust along with the heat shield for my signal (my signals have been changed from stock, they are maybe half the size of the stockers)  With the exhaust open- no db killer in it- the signal was mostly fine... tiny bit of meltage but nothing major.  The noise was too much for me though (although part of me really enjoyed it) so I put the db killer in... and promptly turned my signal into a melty mess.  The more focused exhaust exit really puts the hurt on turn signals... so I did this:  remove the db killer, unbolt the pipe that extends into the exhaust can... flip the aluminum db killer insert (that fits the end of the exhaust can) around (I added a second set screw to hold it better) 

Secure the aluminum insert first or you won’t be able to get to the set screws... now take the “donkey dick” pipe and chop it to your desired length and attach it to the outside of the aluminum insert.  Voila, no more meltage!  And yes, it’s just as quiet like this.  

B0C363FE-BC0A-4646-9F4A-34018D07A809.jpeg

6F999E13-5D10-4231-84AE-0A8A80C76211.jpeg

B3949C50-F156-4EBF-B0E7-520358922374.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

totally awesome, I'll definitely be trying this one out. Thanks

5000 miles later it’s still working great.  I had to take it apart to tighten it up once... now I’ve got the set screw (on the side camel supplied it in) to actually engage the corresponding hole in the exhaust can (took some fiddling cause I enlarged the set screws to 1/4-20) but now it’s not going anywhere.  

• Like 1