Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Re-Springing. Nothing Else

ManBearPig

57 minutes ago, KidX said:

Thanks for the insights. I guess I'll pull the trigger on ordering it. How do you like the TKC80's? I plan to do BDR's but have to day a couple of days on slab to get to them. I'm coming from sportbikes and want to do more dirt but don't want to be squirming all over the place in the twisties.

I love the TKC80s.  There's a reason they're the go-to tire for the past 30 or so years, they're good at everything.  Their only issue is life.  I have almost 4,000 miles on mine and if I were to go on an offroad trip, the rear would need replacing, but for winter asphalt, they're good for another 1,000.  I'm not a sensitive person as I've never felt squirm in 40 years of riding on any tire or any bike.  Maybe my 6th sense is my limit.  I've also never heard of anyone not being able to get them either, they're even an on-the-shelf tire at Cycle Gear and not expensive!  I run a 140 rear.  My IDBDR was 650 mile slab, 1,300 BDR, 650 slab.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• 2 months later...