Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lights with High Fender and Crash-bars

EzBikes

I have the Outbackmototeck Crash Bars with the Camel High Fender mount kit and the Polisport UFX fender. I recently purchased Cyclopsadventure T7 lights. These things are amazing and I would highly recommend. With my particular setup I had to put some extra thought into how I could mount the lights with the crash bars and fender kit. I thought I would share here in case someone else ran into the same issues.

CycleOpsAdv does make a high fender mount, but I am unsure if it will actually fit with the upper crash bars. I ordered one to see, but I am really liking my current setup.

Behind the fork on the frame there is a small shelf that holds the switch. Instead of running the wires forward, I routed them backwards.

I then routed the wires through the side plastics. There was plenty of areas to zip tie and secure the wire. I did end up drilling one small hole on the right side to add an additional tie to make sure the wire would not come close to the radiator. 

Next, I cut a small gap in the plastic. I made this gap wider to ensure no rubbing on the wires. 

For the light, I replaced the standard screws with shorter stainless steel to allow for a closer fit to the plastics. I flipped the lights so the logo reads correctly.

Once installed, I hoped on the bike to add sag since this will increase the length of the brake house. I wanted to make sure there was no snagging when the fork was compressed and turned all the way left or right. The brake line slightly touches, but I am okay with that as long as it doesn’t snag. 

Alternatively, I grabbed a plate at the local hardware store. This cost $5 and you could drill holes to match the crash bars and slip this metal sheet in between. See example pic. 

I really like the current position, it’s well protected from a crash by the bars and the light seems to be since it’s offset from fender VS. the standards mounts. 

I did note that it would be nice to have some more wire length coming from the light before it hits the thick connectors. This would allow for a sleeker fit. I did pass this along to CyclopsAdventure.DFF8AC3A-F1C1-498B-A401-3B69BEC19F51.thumb.jpeg.3838eb088e7dccdd0f868769ffff06dd.jpeg

hope this helps someone!

E9999A5F-0375-44C6-BFB4-2414245D7449.jpeg

A6635227-4EE9-4C7F-A8D7-FA8F2A1BBAA4.jpeg

21869F99-9DDF-46B1-A1B9-BC318EA752BC.jpeg

01CA8698-C004-4475-9C88-EA0E6CC596A5.jpeg

C50C3B78-70B9-474D-9DFD-2773F191F6B9.jpeg

FCE5E5CC-3902-449F-8C5C-07B9E5266514.jpeg

58BA565E-254D-4A1F-B0E7-6E336B50EC03.jpeg

• Like 2