Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2022 Tenere 700 rumours? Release date?

tenere700man

Swingarm has the ability to take spools (like the EU model). I came here to see what other people had figured out for the differences from the pics.

And the north american bikes will likely have the 6 pin OBD2 port instead of the 4 pin we initially had on ours.

The bigger question for me is where will North American bikes be made?

It appears all market bikes are now identical except for signal lights.  

Will Yamaha still make bikes in Japan or maybe now that the initial rush of sales is over the French factory might be able to handle world wide production?  Always possible production might be moved entirely to Japan as well.  I expect things will stay as they currently are, but you never know.

Someone get a look at the serial numbers when the first ones start hitting dealerships on both sides of the pond.  

On 11/22/2021 at 4:22 PM, Ainm Taispeána said:

Any changes other than color, cat, and price?

It seems like the sides of the tank are enlarged, similar to a BMW GS for leg wind protection?
That would be a cool addition honestly, my legs get incredibly colder on the T700 compared to my BMW.
As long as it's not that much bulkier than the older T700s...
I assume the crash bars now in the market won't be compatible with the 2022 version

1 hour ago, ar3s3ru said:

It seems like the sides of the tank are enlarged, similar to a BMW GS for leg wind protection?
That would be a cool addition honestly, my legs get incredibly colder on the T700 compared to my BMW.
As long as it's not that much bulkier than the older T700s...
I assume the crash bars now in the market won't be compatible with the 2022 version

I do not see the difference you mentioned.

Bike looks identical except for graphics and the pipe for north american customers.

I see no issue with any aftermarket products for sale.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far the only difference I see here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada are as follows.

1). Color change to Raven Black or Team Yamaha Blue with blue rims.

2). Addition of the Euro 5 Cat to Exhaust.

3). Swingarm Spool Mounting Bolt Holes.

4). Price increase of $400 in Canada.

And now the bad news which I am not sure if this will be everywhere or just here in Calgary. I have been to two Yamaha dealers in town over the last couple weeks and it looks like availability will be very limited for new 2022's when they do come in. One salesman at one of the dealerships said they are only getting two new 2022's, and the other dealer would only say their number of new bikes will be way less than ever before. Both quoted Yamaha saying it is because of the global supply issues.

So if you are in the market for a new 2022, you might want to check your local dealers to see how many they will be getting in sooner than later.

And so far no sign of the 2022 Owner's Manuals on the Yamaha Canada Website to see if anything else has changed. 

T7 Yamaha Team Blue.jpg

T7 Raven Black.jpg

T7 Yamaha Swingarm Spool.jpg

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7
  • Like 1

I sure would have liked to have those swingarm spool mounts on my bike, but the  2021 swingarm is $700.

22 hours ago, norton73 said:

I sure would have liked to have those swingarm spool mounts on my bike, but the  2021 swingarm is $700.

One option is these swingarm spools you can find on ebay.

7 Swingarm Spools.JPG

And you can un-screw the spools when you are not using them.

Not good for removing the rear wheel, but still ok to lift the rear wheel for chain cleaning.

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7

2 hours ago, Rocky_Mtn_T7 said:

One option is these swingarm spools you can find on ebay.

7 Swingarm Spools.JPG

And you can un-screw the spools when you are not using them.

Not good for removing the rear wheel, but still ok to lift the rear wheel for chain cleaning.

I have those on the bike already. Useless for tire changes in the garage however.

My '21 euro 5 bike has those threaded holes in the swing arm, so I guess the '22 US bike is going to be the euro 5 with new graphics 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, norton73 said:

I have those on the bike already. Useless for tire changes in the garage however.

I have an Oxford rear stand that came with the swingarm spool and rubber L-Shaped adapters. The L-Shaped adaptors along with a similar wooden front wheel stand hold the T7 solid and allows for removal of the rear wheel.

OxFord-Rear-Stand.jpg

This is the one I built for my FZ-09 which works great.

Wooden-Stand.jpg

I'll try and post a photo of my T7 in my other front wheel stand with the rear wheel raised with the Oxford stand.

With the front wheel held in place and the rear wheel on the stand, the bike is not going anywhere. I have already used it to remove the back wheel once with no issues.

It would have been nice to have the bolt holes for a set of swingarm spools, but I would only install them when needed and remove them when riding.

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7
  • Like 3

• Members
On 11/22/2021 at 10:56 AM, Burnsey said:

That was the same on my 2021. 

That's the catalytic converter on the 2021 EU model.  The 2021 US model didn't have that huge cat, but the 2022 does.  Euro 5 standard.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got confirmation on delivery of a 2022 model yet?

Edit:

Found this: Facebook

Edited by Vikan

3 hours ago, Vikan said:

Someone in Gibraltar received a 2022 model in the last few days, so expect more shortly. He has a few pics on one of the Facebook tenere pages.

I got a call today telling me it could be MARCH before there's any here in Ireland!shocked

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

I have put down two $500 deposits with two different dealers - in Oregon and Idaho. Both have indicated the deposit is refundable given the current supply chain issues. Neither were able to give me any good idea when they would start receiving inventory. Anxiously awaiting a call but I suspect it would be well into the summer. Hard to make firm travel plans but certainly spending a lot of time thinking about it!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SO_Rider said:

I have put down two $500 deposits with two different dealers - in Oregon and Idaho. Both have indicated the deposit is refundable given the current supply chain issues. Neither were able to give me any good idea when they would start receiving inventory. Anxiously awaiting a call but I suspect it would be well into the summer. Hard to make firm travel plans but certainly spending a lot of time thinking about it!  

Get em both. I’m sure you’d sell one straight away at a profit with the amount of people waiting🤔👍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Get em both. I’m sure you’d sell one straight away at a profit with the amount of people waiting🤔👍

That thought has certainly crossed my mind...

On 1/17/2022 at 5:56 AM, Vikan said:

Edit:

Found this: Facebook

In December, my dealer told me January delivery....called today and its now a February delivery...

• Confused 1

I talked to my dealer about ANY info about the more aggressive long legged 'rally' version floating about. He has nothing. Nor does he have any info on the '22's. He went further to say that he has ordered 12 T7's and 25 bikes in total. Was told by Yamaha Canada he will get exactly 3 road bikes (no T7's) in total! That's it for the year! Not sure how he is going to stay in business if the rest of the models are rationed like the road bikes!

• Sad 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

11 hours ago, Canzvt said:

I talked to my dealer about ANY info about the more aggressive long legged 'rally' version floating about. He has nothing. Nor does he have any info on the '22's. He went further to say that he has ordered 12 T7's and 25 bikes in total. Was told by Yamaha Canada he will get exactly 3 road bikes (no T7's) in total! That's it for the year! Not sure how he is going to stay in business if the rest of the models are rationed like the road bikes!

They can only get 3 bikes  from Yamaha?  The world as we no it is now coming to an end.  Did the dealer happen to mention if all the models and makes they handle will have the same issues?  

So I use a small Yamaha dealer that I've known personally for over 40 years. He's been in business for over 20 years. They have full line Yamaha and Arctic Cat. Apparently you can get Cat products, but haven't asked details on them.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

In Estonia dealer also got 3 bikes in january, but they are hoping to get more in march. Dno how many in total this year.  One guy canceled his order and if i want i could go and get my bike on friday. If its not snowing then i'm going.

Edited by SKunn
  • Like 2

Got a mail from my dealer, my -22  T7 in black is expected to be in store 27. january. This is in Norway. Shame i dont have a licence or driving gear yet, and motorcycle-season is still 3 months away..

• Like 2