Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2022 Tenere 700 rumours? Release date?

tenere700man

3 hours ago, Vikan said:

and motorcycle-season is still 3 months away..

For every problem is a solution.
Most of the time i'm glad we don't have that much snow here (almost noting any more) but is would be nice to play sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a 2022 in a dealership in Phoenix on Sunday, I couldn't get them to a price I was happy with so I didn't get it.

Sitting on it, it seemed a little taller than the 2021 I sat on 18 months ago.  I don't want to start any unfounded rumors, but is there any chance the 2022 has heavier springs?

It is possible that I am delusional, or that the 2021 had the lower seat or lowering link, but I was wondering if anyone knows.  I would sure like them to fit heavier springs...

1 hour ago, kklingsh said:

There was a 2022 in a dealership in Phoenix on Sunday, I couldn't get them to a price I was happy with so I didn't get it.

Sitting on it, it seemed a little taller than the 2021 I sat on 18 months ago.  I don't want to start any unfounded rumors, but is there any chance the 2022 has heavier springs?

It is possible that I am delusional, or that the 2021 had the lower seat or lowering link, but I was wondering if anyone knows.  I would sure like them to fit heavier springs...

Sat on a bike and rear went down another 7cm. 89kg and preload at 16clicks or something. Bike has 0km-s so it probably gets even softer.  This bike doesnt have a spring, you have to get aftermarket one, because it comes with a sponge installed.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NotGoodAtUsrnms said:

One seen on a dealer floor in Missouri USA ready to sell. Euro5 headers but the swingarm is unchanged (no spool spot).

64pyd9o2vaf81.jpg

https://old.reddit.com/r/Tenere700/comments/si7xll/found_one_as_i_was_cruising_the_firetruck_by_my/

I'd like to have this bike for a "Sunday Best" spare bike.  I just need a fine suit to match!  What a beautiful bike.  

• Like 1

Beautiful bike. If I didn’t have a deposit on one a lot closer to home, I would be planning a road trip. 

This Mototube video, on YouTube, walks around several 2022 Ténéré 700s with different colorways, trim levels and models, including a custom rally bike, at the EICMA show.

Edited by Boondocker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many of those bloody pumpkins does Yamaha have in that 1980’s patch?? Surely demand for this bike will exhaust their supply eventually …

• Haha 2

Visited my dealer today to go over the extra parts i want on my new T7, and got to see it for the first time. The only black T7 -22 they got this round. Roads here, in the middle of Norway, is still covered i snow though..

13 hours ago, WildBill said:

I know of one sitting in my dealer for 3 days, 2022 Blue,  Missouri!

129B2DC8-4740-478F-BC5F-A8ADBB56A44D.jpeg

Could you share the dealer name? Would love to cal them tomorrow and put a deposit on it!

Nice!  I had to wear my sunglasses to look at the picture because the bike is so shiny new.  It would look good with a black Camel-Adv gut guard installed.  But best of all is the warm weather surrounding that bike.  I wish I was there.

Oh, welcome aboard too and thanks for posting a pic.

8 hours ago, fejmather said:

Picked mine up today! 

IMG_5151.jpg

Nice!  I had to wear my sunglasses to look at the picture because the bike is so shiny new.  It would look good with a black Camel-Adv gut guard installed.  But best of all is the warm weather surrounding that bike.  I wish I was there.

Oh, welcome aboard too and thanks for posting a pic.

Judging by these $14k used prices and the fact that my dealership is now wanting full msrp along with adding delivery and setup charges doesn't bode well for those of us still shopping.

I'm on a couple of waiting lists (I don't know how deep) and getting more and more discouraged. Had one dealer here in Washington state tell me it might be 2 years and didn't want me to bother putting down a deposit. A different dealer last weekend wouldn't take my money either saying there's too many people in front of me and he had no idea when he'd be able to fill all of his other orders. Also saw a couple of 2022s online in various places with the price jacked up an extra $2,000, selling for 12k before all other fees. Please tell me others are having better luck! I'm about to punt...

7 hours ago, BennyM said:

I'm on a couple of waiting lists (I don't know how deep) and getting more and more discouraged. Had one dealer here in Washington state tell me it might be 2 years and didn't want me to bother putting down a deposit. A different dealer last weekend wouldn't take my money either saying there's too many people in front of me and he had no idea when he'd be able to fill all of his other orders. Also saw a couple of 2022s online in various places with the price jacked up an extra $2,000, selling for 12k before all other fees. Please tell me others are having better luck! I'm about to punt...

Don't get discouraged yet.  You may not get a new one but a great used one may come along.  The price of the new ones are going to increase given all the political crap going on in the world.  (don't get me started)  And, they're not coming back down.  So if you want brand new, you'll have to be prepared to wait and spend more.  

I remember waiting just about 6 months for mine and I was about to cancel but waited some more and it finally arrived.  Well worth it.  I hope it will be a worthwhile wait for you as well.

• Like 1