Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Specific Barkbuster bar clamp interfering with clutch cable.

Johno

@pgeldz thanks for the heads up.  I searched last Thursday and could not find any.  Who did you order from?

On 8/31/2021 at 2:44 PM, pgeldz said:

Just ordered two of these.  Plenty of stock in the US as far as I was told (from the US Importer and Distributor).

I may not need them, but I hate doing labor twice for the same job, haha.

@pgeldz thanks for the heads up.  I searched last Thursday and could not find any.  Who did you order from?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TenereTragic700 said:

Pacific Powersports.  They are the official US importer and distributor for Barkbusters in the US 🙂

- Paul

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 6:52 PM, pgeldz said:

Pacific Powersports.  They are the official US importer and distributor for Barkbusters in the US 🙂

- Paul

Thank you.  Will call them today.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

B-054 offset did the trick and I can get the clutch lever at the angle I want.

Still a disappointment that the bike specific kit did not work to my satisfaction.

20210920_124851.jpg

20210920_124855.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry... late to the party, but I ended up getting these to solve the same problem with my barkbusters.  I am using a protaper adv bar, but I think EE makes different versions for different diameter bars.

image.thumb.png.4a48bbe5e4433c2b79623c8727ac0699.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm struggling thru the Bark Buster install now....not impressed.  Why did they go to the effort to replace the 1 pc bar ends with 3 pc ones that are not as good as the stock ones yet take an 8mm bolt just like the stock ones do?   We would be better served with the offsets that are required & not included.  If you have heated grips it is impossible to install the BB bar ends without breaking the grip extensions loose......not doing that.  I'm using the stock bar ends.  The bolts they include for the clamps are too short & they don't include washers.  They don't include washers to space their stupid bar end out from the throttle either.  So basically I'm binning the BB bar ends & hardware & literally only using the bars & clamp halves.  I need not one, but 2 of the offset adapters--both sides.   As received the BB are typical poor fitting aftermarket crap.  If I could do it all over again I would get some Cycras or Zetas (they make a T7 kit but who knows how well it would work) & build my own setup since that is what i am doing anyway except it woudl be cheaper with better product.  There is a small amount of aftermarket parts that are brilliant.  The BB aint part of that group.

Edited by WRXer
  • Thanks 1

The installation manual says you have to use a 3mm washer at the throttle side when you have heated grips.

Clutch cables could be better but it isn't problematic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i had the bark busters.   did not know about this small piece you could buy and went acerbis.

but then again.. i dont look here all to often.

I have the same issue... the dogleg thing looks like a fix but its pig ugly! I am less than impressed to be honest, I can see myself changing to a set of Accerbis ones.

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2021 at 1:44 PM, pgeldz said:

Just ordered two of these.  Plenty of stock in the US as far as I was told (from the US Importer and Distributor).

I may not need them, but I hate doing labor twice for the same job, haha.

Not any more.  I just got two on "closeout" from Revzilla,  $30 EACH.    Even with my internets skills I could not find 'em cheaper.  Only a couple places had them and at the same price.  Hated it but rather pay the $60 than spend time machining something myself.