Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First impressions and mods

Rich TT

5 minutes ago, Olli said:

I have the Yamaha grips installed from dealer and have to say they're perfect; really nice integrated and connected to the ignition so they won't drain your battery when you inevitably leave them on! 

Interesting on your feedback on the screen, I'm 6ft 2 and find the screen woefully ineffective, getting a huge amount of buffering over the top of it compared to when i hunker down by an inch or two. It's top of my list to change.

Thanks a lot for the info. on the grips.

I've never owned any bike that directs the wind over my head. The wind on the T7 just goes on the top of my shoulders (none on the chest, which is great) and hits me in the helmet at about mouth/nose level. So, I feel it for sure, but not found it buffeting at all. Interestingly on my mates Tenere 660, it vibrates my head around at high speed and if I'm wearing a motocross lid and goggles, it blurs my vision. I had no such problem with the same set-up on the T7 in the Pyrenees for ~600 miles. If I was doing loads of motorway miles, I might consider a higher screen such as the Ermax, but that's not my general riding territory.

https://www.ermax.com/Yamaha/TENERE-700/TENERE-700-2019.html?egap=products-by-bike&id=242764

Thanks again and glad you like the bike.

Rich

• Like 3

here's the oxford grips fitted to my bike

They fit straight on with no modifications needed

oxford heated grips.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Bravo! That would have made a great tech tip, though! 

I feel for ya fella. When I started up my bike forum the time and effort I put in to replies and encouragement to get others to contribute and become active to make the place a bigger and better forum was eye watering, after years and years people just didn't want to contribute but ultimately it was facebook that was/is the killer  to biking forums, particularly if your place is the new kid on the block.  

39 minutes ago, cabby said:

I feel for ya fella. When I started up my bike forum the time and effort I put in to replies and encouragement to get others to contribute and become active to make the place a bigger and better forum was eye watering, after years and years people just didn't want to contribute but ultimately it was facebook that was/is the killer  to biking forums, particularly if your place is the new kid on the block.  

Which forum do you own? 

I ran into that at first on our other forums, and then I went ahead and embraced Facebook and simply use it to attract people to the forum. 

Facebook is great for sharing pics today, but horrible for finding past tech tips because its all just one thread and posts get buried and lost in a week.

Once I embraced promoting on facebook, our MT07 forum's tech tip section filled up with tech tips see for yourself 

fz07_sharer_logo.png.3fd3e4f66c84e31060f

Got a really good tip on how to install or repair something on the Yamaha FZ-07? Put it here! Pics and Videos are welcome and helpful.

When we start our premium member program here, Ill give away a few premium memberships to folks who write up really helpful tech tips.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 1:06 AM, Motoadventure said:

Hi Great and look made for the job despite the trouble installing them. Utube shows where the joint is but not the Yamaha instructions. These are for an MT07  so a bit frustrating. Been out in about 3 degrees and kept the hands warm so all good. 

Thanks Mick    

Cheers mate I think I’ll get the Yamaha ones as they do look like an original install, also I saw a you tube just a couple days ago of someone installing them on the T7 with location of the plug and how to remove the fairings which should make it a simple install

cheers

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, slawmir said:

Might be useful for some of you.

How long is the total assembly time?

It's not my video, so I don't know exactly how long it takes.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:30 AM, Jonas said:

How long is the total assembly time?

@Jonas I mounted the Oxford grip warmers. It took about a half a day. I think that the Yamaha ones might be a bit easier, since you don't have to solder any connections etc.

Edited by Totti

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced