Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High exhaust advice

Guys

8 hours ago, Landshark said:

Good job @Richarddd.  Nicely tucked and out of the way.  I sure wish a smaller can, way smaller, could be used on the bike.  It's as big as a car muffler for gawd sake.  

I was going for a quiet exhaust, so went with the bigger can.

• Like 1

This is mine , 

I bought huzar one, but after a few attempt I prefer to rebuild the connection tube . 

I have cut the original bracket and doing a new one . 

I need to replace indicator .

It was be annoying fit the exhaust between swing arm , brake clamp , pillon footpeg etc....

Now I looking to change the exhaust end ( just for eyes)

In the huzar  tread you must see the entire work IMG_20210428_114640.thumb.jpg.596b54425516eff32f63e62c5602d98a.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 5:35 AM, Richarddd said:

I still feel the best option for high exhaust, involves cutting off the stock bracket. The muffler ends up further forward and tucked in nicely. No problems with melted turn signals. This is a custom install I did, pipe is fabricated from SS tube. There have been a number of similar conversions done. I wish someone would put a unit like this into production. Muffler is titanium with spark arrestor added. Quiet and light weight. 

FAB110E2-397E-4A4D-8457-3780A13CD0D5.jpeg

Nice looking one. ... is the midpipe custom mandrell bent or multiple sections welded together ?

... I am looking at doing the same and I was wondering what is the best way to get it done.

Did you select the midpipe to match the larger connection point on the headers/cat out-pipe. It does seem to be standard 50mm.

14 hours ago, MGG said:

Nice looking one. ... is the midpipe custom mandrell bent or multiple sections welded together ?

... I am looking at doing the same and I was wondering what is the best way to get it done.

Did you select the midpipe to match the larger connection point on the headers/cat out-pipe. It does seem to be standard 50mm.

Mid pipe is welded from two 90° bends 1 5/8” SS. Couplers welded on either end. 1 5/8 to 1 7/8 id. Fit perfect over the gasket at cat end and into 50 mm inlet of can. Parts came from a custom header site. 

07884038-8916-4914-8E00-C2FAA8E94878.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, One Man Trail said:

I ordered direct from Italy 2 days ago as soon as I saw the Corse high exhaust was live for purchase.  It’s en route to the US via FedEx now.

26136C37-5B67-4D71-887C-007695F24E3B.jpeg

F0C803CC-8063-47C5-9897-353FEF11361B.jpeg

Have you received it yet?  Curious to see how it looks directly from the rear.

3 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Have you received it yet?  Curious to see how it looks directly from the rear.

Yes it’s at my dads house but I’m not leaving Iraq for a few more days. Look for pics next week. I take all you need. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, One Man Trail said:

Yes it’s at my dads house but I’m not leaving Iraq for a few more days. Look for pics next week. I take all you need. 

Awesome, thanks!

Safe travels my friend.  I'm retired Air Force myself (21 years in).  Thank you for your service.

- Paul

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 4:47 PM, One Man Trail said:

The conversion in USD is about $576 and $80 shipping, or 490Euro and 70Euro shipping to California 

Hey One Man Trail, have you installed your high mount yet?  Couple questions if so- can the rear peg mount be deleted or is it used for a mount? Did it come with or is a spark arrestor available? How’s it sound? Thanks!!

6 hours ago, Danedo said:

Hey One Man Trail, have you installed your high mount yet?  Couple questions if so- can the rear peg mount be deleted or is it used for a mount? Did it come with or is a spark arrestor available? How’s it sound? Thanks!!

I just landed in Dallas from Iraq. I’ll get to it this week. Can’t wait to see it myself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Man Trail said:

I just landed in Dallas from Iraq. I’ll get to it this week. Can’t wait to see it myself. 

Can't wait to see it and read your feedback on it!

6 hours ago, One Man Trail said:

Very cool, welcome home. I’m in Fort Worth, we should hook up and go blast these things around sometime. 

12 hours ago, Danedo said:

Very cool, welcome home. I’m in Fort Worth, we should hook up and go blast these things around sometime. 

Just a stopover. Headed to AZ

• 3 weeks later...

I think the cost of the HP Corse is way too high for me in Canada.

https://www.off-the-road.de/en/700-Tenere/Exhausts/HC-Corse-exhaust-SP-1-Titan-Short-HIGH-Yamaha-Tenere-700.html

€547.30EUR ...  $860.69CAD ... $657.97 US

Shipping included ... duty tax remains to be seen ... since I will NOT be ordering it.

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/exhausts/exhausts-1/HP-CORSE-SP-1-Short-Titanium-Exhaust-Yamaha-Tenere-700-High-Mount-1

$639.95

I do like the minimum change approach.

And the sound is pretty good as well ... 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I ordered the Hp-Corse for my 2023...I figure You will forget about the 200$ you saved every time you look at an exhaust you just settled for..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 2:35 AM, Richarddd said:

I still feel the best option for high exhaust, involves cutting off the stock bracket. The muffler ends up further forward and tucked in nicely. No problems with melted turn signals. This is a custom install I did, pipe is fabricated from SS tube. There have been a number of similar conversions done. I wish someone would put a unit like this into production. Muffler is titanium with spark arrestor added. Quiet and light weight. 

FAB110E2-397E-4A4D-8457-3780A13CD0D5.jpeg

Doing likewise but starting with an off the shelf titanium midpipe for a BMW F750GS.  I was looking to get the can as far forward as possible, finding the swing arm in the fully compressed position to be the limiting factor.  Taking one pie section out of first bend with a slight rotation change should get it about there.  Fortunately I got a good buddy that welds Ti professionally.

DSCN3186.JPG

• 1 month later...

Found out the hard way that HP Corse SP-1 and Camel ADV Tail Tidy do not play well together. I'm committed to using the Cyclops 3.0 signals so time to start thinking about rear signal mounting options.

20230215_170253.jpg

20230215_170306.jpg

@23T7TYB This is one reason I went with the Mivv dakar. I want to use the OEM pumpkin turn signal. Have a look with the tail tidy from Adventure spec. it does work with the HP corse. 

Edited by Baksi
Correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baksi said:

@23T7TYB This is one reason I went with the Mivv dakar. I want to use the OEM pumpkin turn signal. Have a look with the tail tidy from Adventure spec. it does work with the HP corse. 

I looked at that but unfortunately it's out of stock, as so many of their parts are currently. Thanks for the info, regardless. Cheers.

Edited by 23T7TYB

On 2/17/2023 at 6:35 PM, 23T7TYB said:

Found out the hard way that HP Corse SP-1 and Camel ADV Tail Tidy do not play well together. I'm committed to using the Cyclops 3.0 signals so time to start thinking about rear signal mounting options.

20230215_170253.jpg

20230215_170306.jpg

I used the yoshimura tail tidy with my hp corse high mount.  Works great . I used the yoshimura led turn signals also. The yoshimura tail tidy has a high and low  position for mounting the turn signals. 

• Like 1