Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

hello from Derbyshire

MickDB1

Ey up me ducks.

I have had quite a few bikes over the years. Never wanted technology to take over other than for the safety.

Not had a Yamaha since me 2000 XT 600 and early DT250

I have 1989 BMW 800GS and a 13 Sertao = both quite simple. I have joined the forum to see what the T7 is all about and hopefully get helpful knowledge towards mt future purchase of one. I will of course, in return, help in any way anyone who thinks I may be able to do so.

Looking forward to the tips and tricks of The T7.

Mick

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:18 PM, MickDB1 said:

Ey up me ducks.

I have had quite a few bikes over the years. Never wanted technology to take over other than for the safety.

Not had a Yamaha since me 2000 XT 600 and early DT250

I have 1989 BMW 800GS and a 13 Sertao = both quite simple. I have joined the forum to see what the T7 is all about and hopefully get helpful knowledge towards mt future purchase of one. I will of course, in return, help in any way anyone who thinks I may be able to do so.

Looking forward to the tips and tricks of The T7.

Mick

Hi Mick,

Just up the road from me. I think you would be very impressed versus the BMW's for example, not that there's anything wrong with them. The Tenere is also very simple and so easy to ride, but with so much versatility.

Rich

hello back Rich. My old GS has took me all over and up mountains but as much as I love riding it its brakes are a tadge lacking. The sertao (rebadged Dakar has been reliable and I have thrashed it around europe - thats a dated bike too. For my next new bike I have looked at BM800s Africa twins ( had 2 rd07 bikes before) and even 1090 KTMs = Nothing really impressed me enough to but one. 

• Premium Member

Welcome.... Here's review video that I made after 1000 T7 miles: 

Thanks for the video sir. I am in spain at mo but I am with the missis not with the bike. I did come over about a month ago and did some trails in the pyranees on my sertao. Over the last few years ( 7 ) I have done quite a bit down here in Spain and have a great mate in southern France i call on. Thats the main reason for a Trailable bike the sertao has been brill - its not a crosser or a tourer but can do a bit of both. My ability and age also limits what I want to do. Gone are the full days of offroading in Derbyshire ( thank you Peak district = 

banner-motor-bike.jpg

Peak District National Park

) So If yer need to go further afield a better comfier bike is a must. The old GS could turn a young bucks eye on Pindale or Bamford clough. these are not available to me now. I will be test riding as soon as I get back in November and will probably wait for the new regs in March to buy one. 

55 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Sorry Mick, a bit off topic but is Bamford Clough permanently closed now?

Yes Bob, well it was closed for repairs for over 2 years and last time I went past I reckon they had put a gate on it. I have given up going out for a days trailriding now days they have cleverly made the odd closure here and there and year by year they are filling in = closing the remaining unpaved roads. Rumours are about the Ramblers now want to ban ebikes too (they have a motor)