Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Powerbronze Tenere 700 product

NuttyNook

Reviving an old thread but I have to say I’m pretty disappointed, I ordered the wing deflectors and headlamp guard, after having to wait a couple of weeks due to being out of stock I received them and the o/s ‘wing’ didn’t fit, the top front part looked like it hadn’t been trimmed properly and actually pushed behind the main yam screen and the rear fitting were it slips into the grove was misshaped so pushed out against the fairing and removed paint 😒 after bouncing emails back and forth with powerbronze I’ve had to send them back so they can asses them. 
then the headlamp guard I managed to get time to fit today and it finishes 1/4 higher than the bottom of the headlamp 🤦🏻‍♂️ Seems a little daft yes I know the chance of something hitting the bottom lip is slim to none but the guard actually looks shorter than the ones in their pictures and the ones in this thread... I’m wondering if they are having supply/supplier issues as it came unbranded without their logo sticker. 

all in all at the moment I definitely wouldn’t recommend and as I said I’m pretty disappointed in their quality. 

70312A6F-C607-475B-8312-A3706936EC85.jpeg

9F33B6D7-6F29-4AF8-A8EE-F8116D26679E.jpeg

7F30866B-B9D1-4FA1-9737-157252AB8E28.jpeg

149FACCA-EC84-40D7-9797-E61A5365F39A.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, NuttyNook said:

Reviving an old thread but I have to say I’m pretty disappointed, I ordered the wing deflectors and headlamp guard, after having to wait a couple of weeks due to being out of stock I received them and the o/s ‘wing’ didn’t fit, the top front part looked like it hadn’t been trimmed properly and actually pushed behind the main yam screen and the rear fitting were it slips into the grove was misshaped so pushed out against the fairing and removed paint 😒 after bouncing emails back and forth with powerbronze I’ve had to send them back so they can asses them. 
then the headlamp guard I managed to get time to fit today and it finishes 1/4 higher than the bottom of the headlamp 🤦🏻‍♂️ Seems a little daft yes I know the chance of something hitting the bottom lip is slim to none but the guard actually looks shorter than the ones in their pictures and the ones in this thread... I’m wondering if they are having supply/supplier issues as it came unbranded without their logo sticker. 

all in all at the moment I definitely wouldn’t recommend and as I said I’m pretty disappointed in their quality. 

Where did you end up with your purchases? I was about to place an order but your post raised some major red flags.

I had a similar experience as NuttyNook  with their side deflectors last year, so it appears they have not addressed the issue...not good business!  They arrived with multiple defects + damaged packaging so Powerbronze refunded my purchase & told me to keep them. In an attempt to salvage their use & make them fit better, minimize the upper gap of the left defector & eliminate the point of contact with the oem faring at the back edge I used a dremel to grind reliefs for the back section, reshape the lower inner leading edge & radiused the mounting holes slightly...seemed to work reasonably well...to make the left deflector match the right would require heating the left enough to reshape its angle inward slightly.  The quality of the Powerbronze is below the oem or Skydmarx with some blemishes (perhaps caused during shipping as the package was damaged), running of the plexi & distortion, particularly around the complex curves & the edge finishing as previously mentioned.

20200904_143837.jpg

20200904_213030.jpg

20200904_213742.jpg

20200904_213854.jpg

20200904_214059.jpg

20200904_214115.jpg

20200904_220553.jpg

20200914_211822.jpg

20200914_211830.jpg

8 hours ago, kainic said:

Where did you end up with your purchases? I was about to place an order but your post raised some major red flags.

I ended up getting a set by WRS Italia, I have to say night and day difference, slightly cheaper than powerbronze and delivered in four days from Italy via eBay, 4mm thickness and really well finished with nicely polished edges and has made a big difference much cleaner air 👍

they look big in the picture but they’re actually not I think it’s the angles 

s-l400.jpg

PAIR SIDE DEFLECTORS OVERSIZE WRS. Type - Cupolini Touring WRS. WRS also provides technical advice to produce the best combinations for your...

75047FC8-4E0F-47DB-A455-45F825144E5F.jpeg

• Like 1