Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Givi Sport Touring Windshield Ordered

eddylindenstein

17 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Here is pic of the Givi rounded off, with great results. You might can see relief hole enlarged.20210720_180852.thumb.jpg.a0c853e4d67831a70f0088e7210a82db.jpg

Do you have any issue going full lock with the hand guards?

Eddylindenstein, Yes, the Barkbusters and windscreen do contact at full lock. I had to roll the bars back to get it where they barely touch. I can force it to full lock, and handguards/windscreen give enuf to get that last 1/4 inch. Thankfully, the steering lock has enuf freeplay, that I don't have to force the bars left to lock it.

The screen works good enuf that I don't mind this little bit of noxiousness!

23 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Here is pic of the Givi rounded off, with great results. You might can see relief hole enlarged.20210720_180852.thumb.jpg.a0c853e4d67831a70f0088e7210a82db.jpg

See now that I like. The stock Givi, not at all. The op never mentioned up front that he was only 5' 7"... dunno why ya'll are messing around with cutting and shaping? The Puig is a great screen, and it looks like you've almost brought this one down to that size. To each their own, I guess. I couldn't be happier with my light smoke Puig.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:50 PM, TexasT700 said:

Eddylindenstein, Yes, the Barkbusters and windscreen do contact at full lock. I had to roll the bars back to get it where they barely touch. I can force it to full lock, and handguards/windscreen give enuf to get that last 1/4 inch. Thankfully, the steering lock has enuf freeplay, that I don't have to force the bars left to lock it.

The screen works good enuf that I don't mind this little bit of noxiousness!

I'll have Rox Risers on mine so it may not be an issue since they sit back almost 2" the way I like it

• 2 years later...
On 7/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, eddylindenstein said:

I'll have Rox Risers on mine so it may not be an issue since they sit back almost 2" the way I like it

Hey @eddylindenstein this is a very old post but I was curious to see how you fared with the windscreen after all, did it help with wind noise/buffeting?