Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mod #1 Huzar exhaust

Guys

I’m thinking the OS Base doesnt work with the side luggage racks. It’s very custom fitted to the seat/sides profile.  Maybe i’ll just have to  be the one to try the Kreiga+huzzar+ side rack combo

• 3 months later...

I recently received and installed my Huzar exhaust.  Location is good, sound is great, however, I am 100% sure I have lost low end torque.  I will pull Huzar off this week, and replace OEM to ride them back to back.  Has  anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I have purchased a Huzar exhaust for a 2022 Tenere. I think there are locations where i will need a spark arrestor. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thank you. 

David

13 minutes ago, Zebco Kid said:

Hello.

I have purchased a Huzar exhaust for a 2022 Tenere. I think there are locations where i will need a spark arrestor. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thank you. 

David

I am using one of these in mine.

$15  Flat Rate Shipping in Canada and the US Free Local Pickup Available During Business Hours Please only select local pickup if you are near Chilliwack, BC...

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

44 minutes ago, Zebco Kid said:

Cheers. I have the high pipe. What size arrestor did you purchase? With that, ill place my order. 

Thank you.

David

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Didn’t know what a spark arrester was until I read your post 🙈, I don’t have one. 

4 hours ago, SKunn said:

Spark arrestor isnt necessary with cat imo.

Don't disagree except the forest rangers in the US check for them in some places , and if you don't have one when you are supposed to its a big problem.

This is part of the requirement:

"Currently, a significant number of States, municipalities, federally managed lands, and all USDA Forest Service regions require that all internal or external combustion engines must be equipped with a spark arrester that meets the requirements established by the SAE Standard J335 or USDA Forest Service Specification 5100-1. The Code of Federal Regulations, 36 CFR 261.52, and orders written by USDA Forest Service line officers explain the requirements."

I can see the point in illiminating the potential for bending the sub fame..but I think it looks ugly and spoils the overall line of the bike...😐 sorry

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, trululu96 said:

Hey guys, do you know if you have to repack the hazar exhaust at some point ? Thanks ! 

Hi there, not sure what repacking is but since fitting it I’ve not had to do anything else at all. Really happy with it. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:48 PM, mitch6150 said:

So this works ok with the stock rear indicators etc?

Thanks

It does, I have however fitted new led indicators, there really tight but the exhaust can doesn’t cause any heat transfer. I’ll post a pic or two. 

Just now, Guys said:

1EAEDF57-0438-4833-9D49-376CEC239F00.jpeg

If you zoom in you’ll see the led lights. I used the camel adv tail tidy. It is really tight but there’s no damage at all from the exhaust. 

Just got my 50cm Huzar mounted. Had to redo my DIY tail tidy. Heatgun to the stock tail and a new mount for the indicators. Stuck on some sneaky KTM indicators, so now I can drink the orange cool-aid too! 

IMG_20221206_173639.jpg

IMG_20221206_173630.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lajning said:

Stuck on some sneaky KTM indicators, so now I can drink the orange cool-aid too! 

What a rebel! 😂🤣

• Haha 2

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, my huzar just arrived and I have a very VERY noob question: what is this for and where does it go ? 

IMG_6235.jpeg

I think it's some kind of restrictor, had something like that with my LeoVince for my Crosstourer and left it out.
Was also not clear where it should go and didn't see any use for it as i'm not having a restricted bike, more the other way around.

39 minutes ago, trululu96 said:

Hi guys, my huzar just arrived and I have a very VERY noob question: what is this for and where does it go ? 

IMG_6235.jpeg

That's the internal decibel killer, sits inside the muffler inlet and is held in place by the mid-pipe outlet. I'd read reports of them rattling around, so I inserted mine with a few dabs of hi-temp silicon sealant when I did my Huzar installation. Here it is inserted before I applied the dabs of sealer:

20220101_070350.jpg.6d94ce0414a120d9719c21af8dfaca6e.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jdub53 said:

That's the internal decibel killer, sits inside the muffler inlet and is held in place by the mid-pipe outlet. I'd read reports of them rattling around, so I inserted mine with a few dabs of hi-temp silicon sealant when I did my Huzar installation. Here it is inserted before I applied the dabs of sealer:

20220101_070350.jpg.6d94ce0414a120d9719c21af8dfaca6e.jpg

Thanks for the tip ! Ill install it with the sealant !  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, trululu96 said:

Thanks for the tip ! Ill install it with the sealant !  

I had no idea what that was for either 🙈.