Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mod #1 Huzar exhaust

Guys

On 2/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, jdub53 said:

When trial fitting my Huzar 400mm can with the Tusk tail tidy, it appeared my LED signals from 12 O'clock Labs would contact the muffler outlet. I fitted a 20mm longer muffler bracket than what Huzar supplied, and slightly bent the tail tidy signal mount points outward/upward. Final result was about 1" clearance between the signal and the outlet.

20220101_090725.thumb.jpg.dae6738d872b837eec739f357b5ab38a.jpg20220101_110147.thumb.jpg.d06bdf2513c73e5554829f2611038906.jpg20220101_110134.thumb.jpg.6f3f0daf832731683e57304f2a2593a9.jpg

How has this held up?  I have the tusk tail tidy and my swingarm is starting to take some hits.  The Huzar is so much less expensive than the other options.  The Huzar guy said it wouldn't work with the Tusk Tail tidy based on the picture, so would love to find a way to make it work.  I also happen to have the same 12 o'clock labs turn signals as you..  Everything still working great?  Any melted signal?  Where can I make/what do I need to make a bracket work?

On 2/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, T7MapleLeaf said:

I’m thinking the OS Base doesnt work with the side luggage racks. It’s very custom fitted to the seat/sides profile.  Maybe i’ll just have to  be the one to try the Kreiga+huzzar+ side rack combo

Any update?  i've got the Wolfman setup and it's really similar to the Kriega.

Just now, eddylindenstein said:

Any update?  i've got the Wolfman setup and it's really similar to the Kriega.

Not Yet.  I went the Mivv Dakar route, but its 4 weeks since ordering and it hasnt shipped yet…

40 minutes ago, eddylindenstein said:

How has this held up?  I have the tusk tail tidy and my swingarm is starting to take some hits.  The Huzar is so much less expensive than the other options.  The Huzar guy said it wouldn't work with the Tusk Tail tidy based on the picture, so would love to find a way to make it work.  I also happen to have the same 12 o'clock labs turn signals as you..  Everything still working great?  Any melted signal?  Where can I make/what do I need to make a bracket work?

It's still working perfectly. Probably 8k miles since I've fitted the Huzar along with the Tusk tail tidy and the 12 O'clock Labs signals; no burning/melting or any other unwanted behavior. No regrets and I'd do the exact same mods today based on my experience.

I already had a bracket in toolbox that was about 20mm longer than the one provided by Huzar, but easy to make your own using theirs as a guide. Just bend the turn signal mount tabs on the tail tidy upward a bit and you're good to go.

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is a great idea, something similar I was thinking. I just ordered the Huzar now and I don't want to ruin the plastic part too. Do I think it is stable enough the bracket, even on earth road, as you wrote? Maybe you could add a details of the sizes of the Z bracket, so what to make to myself until it will be arrived?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 5:33 PM, tkrisz said:

This is a great idea, something similar I was thinking. I just ordered the Huzar now and I don't want to ruin the plastic part too. Do I think it is stable enough the bracket, even on earth road, as you wrote? Maybe you could add a details of the sizes of the Z bracket, so what to make to myself until it will be arrived?

Pretty stable tbh. No issues at all. Already fell a couple of times and rode off-road. 

Edited by romancor

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 3:17 AM, Guys said:

Order placed with the Huzar guys with a prompt response, communication and arrived safely and well packaged within 8 days to Glasgow, Scotland. 

Really straight forward to install, having to cut a hole into a brand new bike to accommodate the small bracket seemed wrong, but just psychological. I was initially concerned about how close the pipe was to the plastic rear, literally just missing it, but thankfully it hasn’t affected the plastic at all. 

I’m really pleased with the line of the pipe and the sound is kinda growly but I like it. 

There is a tiny wee leak at the connection but an easy fix with a sealant. 

Overall very impressed with the service and quality from the Huzar folk, they responded to a couple of queries after I fitted it so absolutely no complaints from me. 

Onto mod#2 

D59927E6-F5F8-4057-97AE-450EF9DC108D.jpeg

331FCA10-FD74-495E-B2B8-68E631201B74.jpeg

EF270F3D-58E0-4039-BD88-123EAF9DC34A.jpeg

BC3A62E6-82A1-449C-9A3C-5ECECD800C67.jpeg

9D946AE1-CA17-4FD3-8D19-420DEEC67C65.jpeg

9A85697F-B20C-4D3E-A185-5E3FCB6F3EC2.jpeg

E3AEFBE8-33FD-4B6A-BA73-4BDB9AF5C5AE.jpeg

2B887E60-6B36-4A27-898C-6737E230F8AE.jpeg

269F09C4-D78C-4B71-B7D0-45D6F4DFB080.jpeg

How do you install the baffle?  I can't figure out how to install the circle piece with the four holes in it.  I put it between mid pipe and pipe but when I turn it on, it just rattles all around in there.

10 hours ago, eddylindenstein said:

How do you install the baffle?  I can't figure out how to install the circle piece with the four holes in it.  I put it between mid pipe and pipe but when I turn it on, it just rattles all around in there.

I'd addressed this same question on page 2 of this thread, three posts from the bottom of the page.

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 6:56 AM, jdub53 said:

That's the internal decibel killer, sits inside the muffler inlet and is held in place by the mid-pipe outlet. I'd read reports of them rattling around, so I inserted mine with a few dabs of hi-temp silicon sealant when I did my Huzar installation. Here it is inserted before I applied the dabs of sealer:

20220101_070350.jpg.6d94ce0414a120d9719c21af8dfaca6e.jpg

Sweet, thank you.  I way overdid it on the RTV, so hopefully that thing doesn't budge 😂😂

• Like 1

I don’t like how it looks, too cheap. Im going to get the Mivv Dakar if i can find the updated version somewhere

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, jdub53 said:

When trial fitting my Huzar 400mm can with the Tusk tail tidy, it appeared my LED signals from 12 O'clock Labs would contact the muffler outlet. I fitted a 20mm longer muffler bracket than what Huzar supplied, and slightly bent the tail tidy signal mount points outward/upward. Final result was about 1" clearance between the signal and the outlet.

20220101_090725.thumb.jpg.dae6738d872b837eec739f357b5ab38a.jpg20220101_110147.thumb.jpg.d06bdf2513c73e5554829f2611038906.jpg20220101_110134.thumb.jpg.6f3f0daf832731683e57304f2a2593a9.jpg

Nicely done! Looks great! I’ll be installing the Tusk Tail Tidy this weekend and the same Huzar exhaust once I hit 600 miles…both deliveries arrived this week. I’m also going to go with the Camel spark arrestor. My wife and the fedex guy hate my MC habit! 😳  Any feedback on how loud this is compared to the OE setup? I’m hopeful I can run the DB killer AND the spark arrestor. 

12 minutes ago, adv_bobby_b said:
On 2/4/2022 at 12:01 PM, jdub53 said:

Nicely done! Looks great! I’ll be installing the Tusk Tail Tidy this weekend and the same Huzar exhaust once I hit 600 miles…both deliveries arrived this week. I’m also going to go with the Camel spark arrestor. My wife and the fedex guy hate my MC habit! 😳  Any feedback on how loud this is compared to the OE setup? I’m hopeful I can run the DB killer AND the spark arrestor. 

I believe Huzar claims it's no louder than OEM with both dB killers installed, and I'd agree with that.

I don't like loud exhausts and neither does my wife. Shortly after I'd installed my Huzar I rode repeatedly past a field where my wife was grooming her horse, and I used different throttle settings. When I saw her later I asked if the exhaust was bothersome, and she said she hadn't even notice it.

1 minute ago, jdub53 said:

I believe Huzar claims it's no louder than OEM with both dB killers installed, and I'd agree with that.

I don't like loud exhausts and neither does my wife. Shortly after I'd installed my Huzar I rode repeatedly past a field where my wife was grooming her horse, and I used different throttle settings. When I saw her later I asked if the exhaust was bothersome, and she said she hadn't even notice it.

Thank you! I agree; a little grunt is OK, but not a fan of something loud.  You said ‘both’ DB killers? I only received one (with the short/40mm muffler). 

22 minutes ago, adv_bobby_b said:

Thank you! I agree; a little grunt is OK, but not a fan of something loud.  You said ‘both’ DB killers? I only received one (with the short/40mm muffler). 

My 40 cm muffler came with the external dB killer already installed in the muffler outlet (held in place with the bolt, but you may not notice it's there), plus the inner dB killer (flat plate with four holes) previously pictured and discussed in this thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jdub53 said:

My 40 cm muffler came with the external dB killer already installed in the muffler outlet (held in place with the bolt, but you may not notice it's there), plus the inner dB killer (flat plate with four holes) previously pictured and discussed in this thread.

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

I just ordered Huzar 50cm exhaust for my 2023 T7. Lots of reading on the options so I think this is excellent value. I plan to keep OEM turn signals so that was the primary concern for me. Fairly easy ordering process from Mr Huzar! 

Going for my 600 mile service today so I may wait to install after I get more miles on it. 

I have top & side racks from Motoes installed and expect a clean look when done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dualsport Dave said:

I just ordered Huzar 50cm exhaust for my 2023 T7. Lots of reading on the options so I think this is excellent value. I plan to keep OEM turn signals so that was the primary concern for me. Fairly easy ordering process from Mr Huzar! 

Going for my 600 mile service today so I may wait to install after I get more miles on it. 

I have top & side racks from Motoes installed and expect a clean look when done. 

Nice one, I’ve never had any problems with mine. I might eventually put black exhaust wrap on the pipes. I’ve gone for the adventure spec side and rear rack. Super happy with the way it looks. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Guys said:

Nice one, I’ve never had any problems with mine. I might eventually put black exhaust wrap on the pipes. I’ve gone for the adventure spec side and rear rack. Super happy with the way it looks. 

IMG_6544.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Can someone provide me with a spark arrestor recommendation? Also is there any heat getting to the heel of your riding boots?

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

Can someone provide me with a spark arrestor recommendation? Also is there any heat getting to the heel of your riding boots?

I went with the spark arrestor that Camel ADV sells. It works perfectly. Also, I bought a $10/$15 heat shield from eBay and have not had any heat issues.   

On 10/26/2023 at 8:17 AM, sracer said:

IMG_6544.jpeg

Hi, can you tell me where you got the heat shield that protects your foot area?

13 minutes ago, adv_bobby_b said:

I went with the spark arrestor that Camel ADV sells. It works perfectly. Also, I bought a $10/$15 heat shield from eBay and have not had any heat issues.   

Awesome thanks.

52 minutes ago, Quin said:

Hi, can you tell me where you got the heat shield that protects your foot area?

Tnr_Heat_Shield.jpg.da8357b71d3f7a39e3afb830741d64ca.jpg