Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SuperMoto T7?

Rich TT

19 hours ago, Rich TT said:

They look awesome. Nearly as excited as you to see them fitted and the test run report*

* to the shops for vital supplie

The wait is over 💪💪😀😀

Most important thing for everyone to know is that everything works as it should or better. 

ABS ring front 38 holes rear 42, light goes off as normal and the abs does the job... Brilliant. 

Speedo : reading is better than stock reads higher than GPS map 64 by about 2.5 - 3.0 miles per h..

At steady 70 miles per hour speedo reading the gps shows 67 miles per hours... I'm very please with this result. 

The bike handles amazing and I mean it turns in and brakes better holds the line nicely... Couldn't find toilet paper so I spent the afternoon searching... Done 95 miles and finally managed to get some 😅😅😅

I'm over the moon with how everything came out apart from the front fender which looks a bit weird at the moment 🤣

Pictures... 

IMG_20200403_143914-01.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Love the tyres already and haven't even went to far with them as they are new 

IMG_20200403_154551-01.jpeg

• Like 6

Good, very good job done! I thought this thingy with toilet paper is something of German Angst, I am confused that you are feeling comparable in Britannia.

What rubber did you choose? In total the new Tenere 700 looks a little bit mean, still having well balanced proportion.

Tanks for your efforts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

The wait is over 💪💪😀😀

Most important thing for everyone to know is that everything works as it should or better. 

ABS ring front 38 holes rear 42, light goes off as normal and the abs does the job... Brilliant. 

Speedo : reading is better than stock reads higher than GPS map 64 by about 2.5 - 3.0 miles per h..

At steady 70 miles per hour speedo reading the gps shows 67 miles per hours... I'm very please with this result. 

The bike handles amazing and I mean it turns in and brakes better holds the line nicely... Couldn't find toilet paper so I spent the afternoon searching... Done 95 miles and finally managed to get some 😅😅😅

I'm over the moon with how everything came out apart from the front fender which looks a bit weird at the moment 🤣

Pictures... 

IMG_20200403_143914-01.jpeg

Superb Aleks. World's first I reckon. You'll soon run out of toilet roll, so need to scrub the tyres in and give it a proper work out. Well done on the ABS rings and result with the Speedo. Top man

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hombacher said:

Good, very good job done! I thought this thingy with toilet paper is something of German Angst, I am confused that you are feeling comparable in Britannia.

What rubber did you choose? In total the new Tenere 700 looks a little bit mean, still having well balanced proportion.

Tanks for your efforts!

Thank you for the praise.. It has been quite a conversion due to this unprecedented situation as well... But thanks to some friends who are brilliant engineers and with the help of people here and on other forums I've managed to do it. 

Tyres are mitas sport force plus. 160 60 17 /120 70 17

Aleks

6 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Superb Aleks. World's first I reckon. You'll soon run out of toilet roll, so need to scrub the tyres in and give it a proper work out. Well done on the ABS rings and result with the Speedo. Top man

Thank you... It might be the first as there aren't any in the states yet and I don't think there is one in Europe yet. 😀😀

Need to get the fender sorted one way or another...😊

Suggestions? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you... It might be the first as there aren't any in the states yet and I don't think there is one in Europe yet. 😀😀

Suggestions? 

Maybe the camel ADV option on here? High SM fender conversion. That might look the best.

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Maybe the camel ADV option on here? High SM fender conversion. That might look the best.

I'm just looking at the video for the fender kit :)...

At first I thought that was expensive but considering that you get braided lines it is actually not... I am not sure I am able to tackle the fitting of that kit on my own 😀😀

Could be a job for someone who knows how to bleed brakes 🤣🤣

I am a simple man I just ride.. Lol 

• Like 1

Here is one of my favourite pictures actually... That ass looks proper now 😁😎

IMG_20200403_143843-01.jpeg

• Like 3

Yep, that looks ace

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Suggestions? 

Aleks, I've been thinking. How about cutting the front fender down at the front and rear and then lowering it? There's definitely room at the rear fixings to drill a new hole higher (so you can drop it lower) and I reckon you could get away with drilling two new holes on the front mount higher too. The top one would be close to the top but I reckon it would be enough. Just been looking at mine. Cost is zero. Just a bit of cutting/drilling.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich TT said:

Aleks, I've been thinking. How about cutting the front fender down at the front and rear and then lowering it? There's definitely room at the rear fixings to drill a new hole higher (so you can drop it lower) and I reckon you could get away with drilling two new holes on the front mount higher too. The top one would be close to the top but I reckon it would be enough. Just been looking at mine. Cost is zero. Just a bit of cutting/drilling.

Cheers

Rich

That might work...I will unbolt the fender and see if the brake lines are long enough... I could make some blanking plates at work to cover the holes on the front fork protectors after lowering.. The yamaha sign is going to suffer I guess if this moves down as it probably would cover the letters 😁😅

You got me thinking.. Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Cheers

Rich

Results... I think it looks good for 1h of messing about no drilling required.. Lowered one hole and it fits the Alan key bolts that connect to caliper bolt.. 

Cut the back and spaced the bracket underneath the fork to allow for brake line to sit in the same position. 

Thank you for your support and suggestions as well. 

Got to get some milk and bread the wife said... 😀

IMG_20200404_115604.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Results... I think it looks good for 1h of messing about no drilling required.. Lowered one hole and it fits the Alan key bolts that connect to caliper bolt.. 

Cut the back and spaced the bracket underneath the fork to allow for brake line to sit in the same position. 

IMG_20200404_115604.jpg

Fantastic Aleks. That looks superb. Great job.

Rich

• Like 1

• Premium Member

IMG_20200404_115604.jpg

Congrats. Well done! Be the 1st of a few I reckon. Cracker job.

You / Rich TT prompting beat me to it re lower the fender by a hole, I thought that would work out, class.

True dual magic for others may be a set of normals wheels also and it be like having 2 bikes.

Again, A1 job on ABS rings work etc.

Enjoy, nearest milk and toilet roll runs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Congrats. Well done! Be the 1st of a few I reckon. Cracker job.

You / Rich TT prompting beat me to it re lower the fender by a hole, I though would work out, class.

True dual magic for others may be a set of normals wheels also and it be like have 2 bikes.

Again, A1 on ABS rings work etc.

Enjoy, nearest milk and toilet roll runs. 

Thank you it is a collective effort and I was the trial bunny 🤣🤣🤣

I've got spare rings at home in different hole sizes which should in theory correct the speedo for people who are fussed about the high reading. 

I'm not sure what will work but if someone wants to try some rings out I'm happy to supply. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

Hi Aleks,

Looks fantastic and glad it came out as you had expected.

Looking to run the same set-up any ideas on total costs? Also interested in the ABS rings and stand if you could supply.

Guess your located in Essex, I’m just over the bridge in Bromley.

Cheers,

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesF93 said:

Hi Aleks,

Looks fantastic and glad it came out as you had expected.

Looking to run the same set-up any ideas on total costs? Also interested in the ABS rings and stand if you could supply.

Guess your located in Essex, I’m just over the bridge in Bromley.

Cheers,

James

Hi James, 

You have to use the hubs you have on your bike to keep costs low.. 

640 including vat is what you are going to pay for rims spokes and assembly from Smpro. 

Tyres are something that you can choose, I went for Mitad sport force plus... They are cheaper but have good reviews, then you need tubes. 

ABS Rings are not an issue I can help there for not a lot of money.. Giving back to the community.

Or get Rims 3.5 front and 5.0 rear unpunched and get them to a wheel builder to make for you. They usually charge 50 per rim for assembly 75 for spokes and 20 punching. 

That's 290 plus the rims. 

Hope this helps you... Aleks 

19 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Great job!! The T7 handled the black stuff very well as it was, I bet you can't wait to get it in some nice twisties?

• Like 1

Exposing the front to a closer look... 

Still thinking about a blanking plate design and how to make everything look as standard.

Probably black everything and at some point paint the mudguard in black texture finish. 

Love the look of the brakes with 17 inch now and the fat front tyre 😁😀🤩

IMG_20200404_135326.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the direction I want to go but as a spare set of wheels. May have to wait a little for any pre-built sets to emerge so I can swap them quickly. Awesome job on it all buddy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wilcollinsphotos said:

This is the direction I want to go but as a spare set of wheels. May have to wait a little for any pre-built sets to emerge so I can swap them quickly. Awesome job on it all buddy. 

Thank you sir 👍😁

After using the bike in the last week to commute to work and get some essentials here are my thoughts about the setup and what I have changed to make me happy. 

Tyre pressure 32 back 30 front at the moment, very happy with this for now and the speed you can carry through corners is far greater than before. 

Handling of the bike : initial impressions were that the bike felt into corners very easy and had a very sensitive response to steering input.. 

After clocking in some commuting miles to work on some roads that I know I started pushing the bike and noticed that there were some issues which I have now addressed by stiffening the suspension  (thank you @Rich TT for advice) and also raising the front 15mm so the forks are now flush with the clamps... This gives the bike more trail and better straight line stability....

Results are impressive : turn in is not as sensitive anymore but still very good and the bike feels planted on hard breaking, mid corner stability is confidence inspiring and I can now trail brake and start acceleration so much earlier in corners especially with the current tyres....very happy with the outcome of the suspension so far... Once I've sorted my 90nm spring I will then make changes again if required.

Traction and braking are far superior on these tyres but the amount of fun you can have with this bike in the current setup on twisty roads is unbelievable, to prove this  I have managed to run out of petrol at 144 miles since refueling.

Power and how it pulls in the mid range are better then before and my bum tells me it is quite a bit faster as I'm finding myself changing gears a lot quicker.. The bike seems to pull a lot better in the midrange and up to 9500.. After that there is a noticeable drop... I think that is the restriction in the air box 🙂

The difference if I remember correctly is 6% for the gearing and it does make a very nice and responsive bike but it revs higher on the motorway. 

Braking seems to be better and this is probably due to better grip and smaller wheels ... Needs some better pads maybe to get the best out of the twin disc set-up.  

My next mods are

Fender bracket for capping slots in the fender and brake line bracket. 

Spring rear 

Ebc Hh front 

Rally seat

Quickshifter i think this would be a blast but I'm not sure if it fits from mt07 etc. 

Windscreen shorter or something to get rid of the buffeting. 

For me it was worth every penny and this has created the bike I was looking for without having to compromise on reliability.

Hope to see more SM T700. 

Aleks 

IMG_20200410_132012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2