Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Aleksandar13

    98

  • Rich TT

    28

  • AndyJ

    28

  • X Plane

    10

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wheels are here 🤩... Finally ready..  Tyres are going on the rims tomorrow..  I'm off tomorrow and working to get things back on the bike so providing everything works well we should have th

This is definitely my favourite picture so far 🙂

The wait is over 💪💪😀😀.    Most important thing for everyone to know is that everything works as it should or better.  ABS ring front 38 holes rear 42, light goes off as normal and the a

Posted Images

  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
4 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Screenshot_20200417-192849_Gallery.jpg

They look great.. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
jackzappoli
On 4/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Tell me more about this guru... 🤣🤣🤣

I was thinking about the delete but without tuning the bike and an exhaust it might cause fueling issues 🤔

 

Hey Alek! First of all, huge congratulations on your modifications. I'm more an enduro guy, but I have to say it looks fantastic and it should definitely be amazing to drive. 

Regarding the quickshifter, I've just finished to read a post on a FB of this French guy who has managed to install a quickshift (only up he says), so you may find this useful:

 

iqse_2_7.jpg

iQSE-1 + faisceau QSH-P2T Plug and Play !   Le dernier né de la gamme HealTech, le Quickshifter Easy ! Ce boitier vous permettra de monter les rapports à pleine charge sans avoir à couper les gaz ni embrayer. Très simple d'installation...

 

 

 

 

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 2.04.53 AM.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13

Providing all goes according to plan I've got 7 days to wait to get the new spring in place... Today and yesterday took the long way home from work... 

Temperatures are raising and grip levels as well... Its amazing how much more speed you can carry through corners with this setup.. I am enjoying the country roads more and more... Once suspension is setup should be even better... Hope everyone is doing well and we can soon get out and enjoy our bikes. 

Aleks 

IMG_20200423_194400_497.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aleks, it's been great reading about your mod. 

 

I have just ordered a Acerbis supermoto front mudguard as recommended by advrider. I can't use their kit as it needs to fit my touratech bars so I'm gonna make my own adapter. 

 

I m planning to get a set of cast wheels to fit off an MT09 ot MT10 as I have access to them during the lock down. 

 

Can you tell me if you are able to provide the abs discs that worked best for your spoked version or a drawing if you have one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
23 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks, it's been great reading about your mod. 

 

I have just ordered a Acerbis supermoto front mudguard as recommended by advrider. I can't use their kit as it needs to fit my touratech bars so I'm gonna make my own adapter. 

 

I m planning to get a set of cast wheels to fit off an MT09 ot MT10 as I have access to them during the lock down. 

 

Can you tell me if you are able to provide the abs discs that worked best for your spoked version or a drawing if you have one. 

Hi Andy, 

 

If you have the facility to cut and paint the abs rings yourself I can send the dwg file from work on an email.

If not please message me we discuss some details about how I can help you with the discs.

I'm not sure if mine will work on cast wheels as o have used the hole pattern from the T700 wheels and the ones you are using might be different so you might need to change the pcd of the mounting holes, but this is easily changed on my cad file.. 5 min job.. 

I'll help you out one way or another... Aleks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13

I thought we need a fresh picture of the unicorn 🦏😂

IMG_20200417_143148-01.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aleks, awesome, thanks for the offer of support. 

 

So much more positive than the response I got from another forum when I grafted the back of an R1 on the back of an MT10 last year! 

 

I believe in sharing everything I develop so the next person can go one step further. 

 

I'm planning to have a look at the wheels on the MT10 and MT09 tomorrow to look at the difference. 

 

How many slots would you say is ideal in the abs ring on the T700 on 17" rims? 

 

Andy 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
1 hour ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks, awesome, thanks for the offer of support. 

 

So much more positive than the response I got from another forum when I grafted the back of an R1 on the back of an MT10 last year! 

 

I believe in sharing everything I develop so the next person can go one step further. 

 

I'm planning to have a look at the wheels on the MT10 and MT09 tomorrow to look at the difference. 

 

How many slots would you say is ideal in the abs ring on the T700 on 17" rims? 

 

Andy 

Hi Andy, 

 

I have now 38  front and 42 back... 

ABS works and speedo reading within 3 miles per h. 

39 would work as well but the speedo will read a bit higher. 

Aleks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13

Small update in regards to the suspension on the bike... 

Got the 90nm spring installed and have written a small review in the suspension thread. 

Bike feels amazing now and the numbers are looking pretty good from the sag measurements. :

 

Back static 20mm
60mm with me on it
Front static 35mm
65mm with me on 
It feels more planted and confidence inspiring. 
Aleks 

IMG_20200501_122040-03.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aleks,

 

I suspect that I will be asking for you assistance for manufacturing the abs disks if that is still a possibility, but first I need to find the best cast wheels to try.

 

I looked at the MT10 wheels yesterday, no suprise they are too wide at both ends, the MT09 I have access to was too wide at the front and isn't an ABS model so no use.

 

I spotted an earlier post on this thread about the MT07 wheels which sound close enough for me to get a set and start work on spacers so its off to eBay now.

 

Thanks for the insparation I'll be back soon!

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
14 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks,

 

I suspect that I will be asking for you assistance for manufacturing the abs disks if that is still a possibility, but first I need to find the best cast wheels to try.

 

I looked at the MT10 wheels yesterday, no suprise they are too wide at both ends, the MT09 I have access to was too wide at the front and isn't an ABS model so no use.

 

I spotted an earlier post on this thread about the MT07 wheels which sound close enough for me to get a set and start work on spacers so its off to eBay now.

 

Thanks for the insparation I'll be back soon!

 

Andy

Hi Andy,

 

I will help once you get to that stage no problem, but please check with @Rich TT and @X Plane I think both of them have considered the MT07 wheels and it might not be that easy to swap.

 

Before you commit to a set on Ebay.

 

Have you thought about getting Hubs from Haan or Rally Raid and building them from scratch?

Aleks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aleks,

 

I have considered getting wheels built, especially as central wheel are just down the road from me, but I quite like the idea of going for the cast wheel look.

 

I've been incontact with @Rich TT and I think I can resolve the width issues whilst I have spare time during the lock down!

 

Andy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
Just now, AndyJ said:

Aleks,

 

I have considered getting wheels built, especially as central wheel are just down the road from me, but I quite like the idea of going for the cast wheel look.

 

I've been incontact with @Rich TT and I think I can resolve the width issues whilst I have spare time during the lock down!

 

Andy

Hi Andy, 

 

Great to hear that there shouldn't be an issue with the cast wheels, make sure the keep us posted on the progress and how it develops...good luck 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

So today I fitted an Acerbis front mudguard as Im thinking this is the style I want to go with the MT07 wheels.

DSC_0127.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13

Made a small video of the bike and uploaded on youtube...

 

 

Aleks 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking and sounding great, are you pleased with the result? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
46 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

Looking and sounding great, are you pleased with the result? 

 

Hi Andy,

 

I had a chance to ride the bike today ... Wife insisted to take the bike for a ride and get some essentials as I was getting grumpy 🙂 ...

 

Took the long way home and used some remote country lanes to test the new suspension setup and I am over the moon with how the bike performs...

Handles like a dream with the new spring and the compression adjustment on the front is now less than before ( I presume due to stiffer wall and 17 inch front tyre the front requires softer compression at least for me , and now it takes the uneven pavement like a champ and handles like on rails )...

Would love to be able to weigh the bike and see where we stand with this new setup, I am hoping less than 200kg fully fuelled 😄 ... not so relevant as the bike is perfect for me now ..

I am keen to see what yours is going to look like 😄

 

Aleks 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The MT07 wheels have arrived and I have temporarily mounted the front wheel. 

 

As I was advised the axle size and the lateral position of the brake disc don't align yet. 

 

I think I have solved the axle problem as the Tenere axle has an M16 thread where it screws into the fork and the MT07 axle must be 16mm diameter. 

 

So I have bought 16mm diameter stainless steel and a M16 tap to make one shaft. Along with 30mm diameter aluminium bar and a 16mm drill. 

 

Once that all arrives I'm going to have a solid stainless axle and aluminium spacers. 

 

I think that will work provided I use plenty of copper grease to avoid the corrosion problems associated with dissimilar metals. 

 

I should know in a week or two. 

 

Next jod is to solve the brake disc width problem. 

DSC_0145.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
12 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

The MT07 wheels have arrived and I have temporarily mounted the front wheel. 

 

As I was advised the axle size and the lateral position of the brake disc don't align yet. 

 

I think I have solved the axle problem as the Tenere axle has an M16 thread where it screws into the fork and the MT07 axle must be 16mm diameter. 

 

So I have bought 16mm diameter stainless steel and a M16 tap to make one shaft. Along with 30mm diameter aluminium bar and a 16mm drill. 

 

Once that all arrives I'm going to have a solid stainless axle and aluminium spacers. 

 

I think that will work provided I use plenty of copper grease to avoid the corrosion problems associated with dissimilar metals. 

 

I should know in a week or two. 

 

Next jod is to solve the brake disc width problem. 

DSC_0145.JPG

Top man ... you are moving man...well done... Looks good with the front wheel in cast aluminium 😄 ... Have you got the ABS rings on the mt07 wheels?

Aleks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aleks,  I got the abs discs with the wheels, and I'm gonna need some help when I get to that bit. 

 

The MT07 disk mounts on the inside of the slots, the Tenere mounts on the outside so need to do some measuring and sketching. 

 

Andy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
8 hours ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks,  I got the abs discs with the wheels, and I'm gonna need some help when I get to that bit. 

 

The MT07 disk mounts on the inside of the slots, the Tenere mounts on the outside so need to do some measuring and sketching. 

 

Andy 

Andy send me a picture or post it here of the disc mounted on the wheel.. 

As far as I can remember the abs ring on mt07 has 3 mounting holes and the t7 has 4..

Regards, 

Aleks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aleks,  the MT07 has 3 mounting holes inside the abs ring and the T7 has 5 mounting holes outside I think.

 

T7 picture attached

 

Andy

DSC_0151[1].JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

And this is a picture of the MT07 disc (with a fixing hidden under the ruler).

DSC_0150[1].JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Aleksandar13
Just now, AndyJ said:

And this is a picture of the MT07 disc (with a fixing hidden under the ruler).

DSC_0150[1].JPG

Hi Andy I need you to post me the ring and I will cut the ring as per mT07 pattern but with the right amount of holes that have worked for me...:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.