Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SuperMoto T7?

Rich TT

On 4/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Tell me more about this guru... 🤣🤣🤣

I was thinking about the delete but without tuning the bike and an exhaust it might cause fueling issues 🤔

Hey Alek! First of all, huge congratulations on your modifications. I'm more an enduro guy, but I have to say it looks fantastic and it should definitely be amazing to drive. 

Regarding the quickshifter, I've just finished to read a post on a FB of this French guy who has managed to install a quickshift (only up he says), so you may find this useful:

iqse_2_7.jpg

iQSE-1 + faisceau QSH-P2T Plug and Play !   Le dernier né de la gamme HealTech, le Quickshifter Easy ! Ce boitier vous permettra de monter les rapports à pleine charge sans avoir à couper les gaz ni embrayer. Très simple d'installation...

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 2.04.53 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Providing all goes according to plan I've got 7 days to wait to get the new spring in place... Today and yesterday took the long way home from work... 

Temperatures are raising and grip levels as well... Its amazing how much more speed you can carry through corners with this setup.. I am enjoying the country roads more and more... Once suspension is setup should be even better... Hope everyone is doing well and we can soon get out and enjoy our bikes. 

Aleks 

IMG_20200423_194400_497.jpg

• Like 6

Aleks, it's been great reading about your mod. 

I have just ordered a Acerbis supermoto front mudguard as recommended by advrider. I can't use their kit as it needs to fit my touratech bars so I'm gonna make my own adapter. 

I m planning to get a set of cast wheels to fit off an MT09 ot MT10 as I have access to them during the lock down. 

Can you tell me if you are able to provide the abs discs that worked best for your spoked version or a drawing if you have one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks, it's been great reading about your mod. 

I have just ordered a Acerbis supermoto front mudguard as recommended by advrider. I can't use their kit as it needs to fit my touratech bars so I'm gonna make my own adapter. 

I m planning to get a set of cast wheels to fit off an MT09 ot MT10 as I have access to them during the lock down. 

Can you tell me if you are able to provide the abs discs that worked best for your spoked version or a drawing if you have one. 

Hi Andy, 

If you have the facility to cut and paint the abs rings yourself I can send the dwg file from work on an email.

If not please message me we discuss some details about how I can help you with the discs.

I'm not sure if mine will work on cast wheels as o have used the hole pattern from the T700 wheels and the ones you are using might be different so you might need to change the pcd of the mounting holes, but this is easily changed on my cad file.. 5 min job.. 

I'll help you out one way or another... Aleks 

Aleks, awesome, thanks for the offer of support. 

So much more positive than the response I got from another forum when I grafted the back of an R1 on the back of an MT10 last year! 

I believe in sharing everything I develop so the next person can go one step further. 

I'm planning to have a look at the wheels on the MT10 and MT09 tomorrow to look at the difference. 

How many slots would you say is ideal in the abs ring on the T700 on 17" rims? 

Andy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks, awesome, thanks for the offer of support. 

So much more positive than the response I got from another forum when I grafted the back of an R1 on the back of an MT10 last year! 

I believe in sharing everything I develop so the next person can go one step further. 

I'm planning to have a look at the wheels on the MT10 and MT09 tomorrow to look at the difference. 

How many slots would you say is ideal in the abs ring on the T700 on 17" rims? 

Andy 

Hi Andy, 

I have now 38  front and 42 back... 

ABS works and speedo reading within 3 miles per h. 

39 would work as well but the speedo will read a bit higher. 

Aleks 

Small update in regards to the suspension on the bike... 

Got the 90nm spring installed and have written a small review in the suspension thread. 

Bike feels amazing now and the numbers are looking pretty good from the sag measurements. :

Back static 20mm
60mm with me on it
Front static 35mm
65mm with me on 
It feels more planted and confidence inspiring. 
Aleks 

IMG_20200501_122040-03.jpeg

• Like 3

Aleks,

I suspect that I will be asking for you assistance for manufacturing the abs disks if that is still a possibility, but first I need to find the best cast wheels to try.

I looked at the MT10 wheels yesterday, no suprise they are too wide at both ends, the MT09 I have access to was too wide at the front and isn't an ABS model so no use.

I spotted an earlier post on this thread about the MT07 wheels which sound close enough for me to get a set and start work on spacers so its off to eBay now.

Thanks for the insparation I'll be back soon!

Andy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks,

I suspect that I will be asking for you assistance for manufacturing the abs disks if that is still a possibility, but first I need to find the best cast wheels to try.

I looked at the MT10 wheels yesterday, no suprise they are too wide at both ends, the MT09 I have access to was too wide at the front and isn't an ABS model so no use.

I spotted an earlier post on this thread about the MT07 wheels which sound close enough for me to get a set and start work on spacers so its off to eBay now.

Thanks for the insparation I'll be back soon!

Andy

Hi Andy,

I will help once you get to that stage no problem, but please check with @Rich TT and @X Plane I think both of them have considered the MT07 wheels and it might not be that easy to swap.

Before you commit to a set on Ebay.

Have you thought about getting Hubs from Haan or Rally Raid and building them from scratch?

Aleks 

Aleks,

I have considered getting wheels built, especially as central wheel are just down the road from me, but I quite like the idea of going for the cast wheel look.

I've been incontact with @Rich TT and I think I can resolve the width issues whilst I have spare time during the lock down!

Andy

• Like 1

Just now, AndyJ said:

Aleks,

I have considered getting wheels built, especially as central wheel are just down the road from me, but I quite like the idea of going for the cast wheel look.

I've been incontact with @Rich TT and I think I can resolve the width issues whilst I have spare time during the lock down!

Andy

Hi Andy, 

Great to hear that there shouldn't be an issue with the cast wheels, make sure the keep us posted on the progress and how it develops...good luck 👍

So today I fitted an Acerbis front mudguard as Im thinking this is the style I want to go with the MT07 wheels.

DSC_0127.JPG

• Like 2

Made a small video of the bike and uploaded on youtube...

Aleks 

• Like 1

Looking and sounding great, are you pleased with the result? 

46 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

Looking and sounding great, are you pleased with the result? 

Hi Andy,

I had a chance to ride the bike today ... Wife insisted to take the bike for a ride and get some essentials as I was getting grumpy 🙂 ...

Took the long way home and used some remote country lanes to test the new suspension setup and I am over the moon with how the bike performs...

Handles like a dream with the new spring and the compression adjustment on the front is now less than before ( I presume due to stiffer wall and 17 inch front tyre the front requires softer compression at least for me , and now it takes the uneven pavement like a champ and handles like on rails )...

Would love to be able to weigh the bike and see where we stand with this new setup, I am hoping less than 200kg fully fuelled 😄 ... not so relevant as the bike is perfect for me now ..

I am keen to see what yours is going to look like 😄

Aleks 

• Like 1

The MT07 wheels have arrived and I have temporarily mounted the front wheel. 

As I was advised the axle size and the lateral position of the brake disc don't align yet. 

I think I have solved the axle problem as the Tenere axle has an M16 thread where it screws into the fork and the MT07 axle must be 16mm diameter. 

So I have bought 16mm diameter stainless steel and a M16 tap to make one shaft. Along with 30mm diameter aluminium bar and a 16mm drill. 

Once that all arrives I'm going to have a solid stainless axle and aluminium spacers. 

I think that will work provided I use plenty of copper grease to avoid the corrosion problems associated with dissimilar metals. 

I should know in a week or two. 

Next jod is to solve the brake disc width problem. 

DSC_0145.JPG

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

The MT07 wheels have arrived and I have temporarily mounted the front wheel. 

As I was advised the axle size and the lateral position of the brake disc don't align yet. 

I think I have solved the axle problem as the Tenere axle has an M16 thread where it screws into the fork and the MT07 axle must be 16mm diameter. 

So I have bought 16mm diameter stainless steel and a M16 tap to make one shaft. Along with 30mm diameter aluminium bar and a 16mm drill. 

Once that all arrives I'm going to have a solid stainless axle and aluminium spacers. 

I think that will work provided I use plenty of copper grease to avoid the corrosion problems associated with dissimilar metals. 

I should know in a week or two. 

Next jod is to solve the brake disc width problem. 

DSC_0145.JPG

Top man ... you are moving man...well done... Looks good with the front wheel in cast aluminium 😄 ... Have you got the ABS rings on the mt07 wheels?

Aleks 

Aleks,  I got the abs discs with the wheels, and I'm gonna need some help when I get to that bit. 

The MT07 disk mounts on the inside of the slots, the Tenere mounts on the outside so need to do some measuring and sketching. 

Andy 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyJ said:

Aleks,  I got the abs discs with the wheels, and I'm gonna need some help when I get to that bit. 

The MT07 disk mounts on the inside of the slots, the Tenere mounts on the outside so need to do some measuring and sketching. 

Andy 

Andy send me a picture or post it here of the disc mounted on the wheel.. 

As far as I can remember the abs ring on mt07 has 3 mounting holes and the t7 has 4..

Regards, 

Aleks 

Aleks,  the MT07 has 3 mounting holes inside the abs ring and the T7 has 5 mounting holes outside I think.

T7 picture attached

Andy

DSC_0151[1].JPG

And this is a picture of the MT07 disc (with a fixing hidden under the ruler).

DSC_0150[1].JPG

Just now, AndyJ said:

And this is a picture of the MT07 disc (with a fixing hidden under the ruler).

DSC_0150[1].JPG

Hi Andy I need you to post me the ring and I will cut the ring as per mT07 pattern but with the right amount of holes that have worked for me...:D