Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SuperMoto T7?

Rich TT

@Aleksandar13 How is that Powerbronze adventure sports screen working out? I am 193cm tall and am suffering from severe noise and bufetting and am thinking of a lower screen, maybe even cutting the original one.

However, with raised sides, this looks interesting, maybe powerbronze is on to something and raised sides can further reduce some bufetting?

How tall are you if it's not a secret? 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spuzvica said:

@Aleksandar13 How is that Powerbronze adventure sports screen working out? I am 193cm tall and am suffering from severe noise and bufetting and am thinking of a lower screen, maybe even cutting the original one.

However, with raised sides, this looks interesting, maybe powerbronze is on to something and raised sides can further reduce some bufetting?

How tall are you if it's not a secret? 🙂

No secrets here mate.. 196cm and the screen has almost reduced the buffeting completely.. Very happy with the screen 👍

Screenshot_20200521-171304.jpg

IMG_20200521_160847-01.jpeg

Hi guys (especially Andy and Alexandar),

I am really enjoying the work you done to get the t700 into a Supermoto.

Amazing.

Made me think to buy one for my daily city comuting.

About that windscreen. And as I am mostly in the city ...

Is it possible to remove the windscreen and that bar for the Navy completely? And maybe also tild the dashboard more flat?

With that and a high mud guard I guess it will look even more like a Supermoto.

Thanks Thomas

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hi guys (especially Andy and Alexandar),

I am really enjoying the work you done to get the t700 into a Supermoto.

Amazing.

Made me think to buy one for my daily city comuting.

About that windscreen. And as I am mostly in the city ...

Is it possible to remove the windscreen and that bar for the Navy completely? And maybe also tild the dashboard more flat?

With that and a high mud guard I guess it will look even more like a Supermoto.

Thanks Thomas

Hi Thomas, 

Removing the bar wouldn't present an issue but the sides where the bar is mountain are one piece plastic and might present a bit of a challenge... I was at some point thinking to leave the bar and make a smaller screen than the one I've got at the moment and relocate the speedo lower as there is room. 

Everything is possible to be honest with you... Depends on will to do it and budget. 

Aleks 

Aleks,  she is looking good.

Sorry I have been distracted for a few days.

A brief update on my project, the front wheel has now been machined so each brake disc sits 5mm narower and that works fine.

It turns out that the front ABS sensor on the MT07 sits on the right hand side of the wheel where the T7 sits on the left, so I needed to confirm that the ABS does not see the direction of the wheel.  I managed that yesterday by building a bracket to hold the sensor on the opposite side to the T7 - first tests on my drive showed that it workes OK, so today I will build a more robust sensor holder.

The front axle has proved to be a challenge, mine is now 16mm solid stainless steel , tapped to M10 at one end, that will be modified, hopefully today with an M8 or M6 in the other end as assembly at the moment requires a lot of patience.

It also turns out the width and diameter of the spacers on the front wheel are critical - so they will need to be remanufactures in stainless as they are currently in aluminium.

I'm hoping the back wheel is a bit easier!  Good job I've got time on my hands due to a little virus which is a doing the rounds!

No fresh photos at the moment - I will get some later today.

Stay safe, and enjoy the ride!  Andy

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 6:33 PM, yobinad said:

Sorry for the offtopic.

How did you fit the bobbins to use that rear stand?

Can you show detailed pictures?

Morning Jobinad,

Sorry I missed your message.

I cheated!  I copied an adaptor which I have on my MT10 (R&G I think) and modified the design to fit the T7.  I will take some photos later today.

Minor problems with the design currently are, it scratches the swining arm whilst raising the bike, it is a challenge to get the bike up without an assistant, the bike doesn't feel stable when the back wheel is up and the front is also jacked up - I have done all my SM mods using this stand so its not that bad.

Andy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyJ said:

A brief update on my project, the front wheel has now been machined so each brake disc sits 5mm narower and that works fine.

It turns out that the front ABS sensor on the MT07 sits on the right hand side of the wheel where the T7 sits on the left, so I needed to confirm that the ABS does not see the direction of the wheel.  I managed that yesterday by building a bracket to hold the sensor on the opposite side to the T7 - first tests on my drive showed that it workes OK, so today I will build a more robust sensor holder.

The front axle has proved to be a challenge, mine is now 16mm solid stainless steel , tapped to M10 at one end, that will be modified, hopefully today with an M8 or M6 in the other end as assembly at the moment requires a lot of patience.

It also turns out the width and diameter of the spacers on the front wheel are critical - so they will need to be remanufactures in stainless as they are currently in aluminium.

I'm hoping the back wheel is a bit easier!  Good job I've got time on my hands due to a little virus which is a doing the rounds!

Hi Andy, 

Nice to hear that the ABS worked on the short drive... I'm sure all the machined parts/ brackets will eventually work together and the wheels are going to fit as you want them to. 

Can't wait to see some pictures.. If you need anything let me know. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

So with Alex's support I have got the front ABS sensor working fine so the speedo reads about 3mph high at 70mph. 

Rear ABS sensor is only working up to about 30mph, I think that will be solved by a new ABS rotor. 

I have decided to try an MT10 front mudguard as I have a spare and I like the look. Just got to sort out the brackets next. 

I m doing my best to use ad many off the shelf Yamaha parts as I can. 

My end game is to have a bike that looks like it is standard to anyone who doesn't know the T700. 

Andy

DSC_0288.JPG

• Like 4

Great stuff Andy and love the tenacity and entrepreneurship!

Looking forward to seeing the results. Bet you could make plenty of money for a kit for this.... Just source your own wheels and machine the front down 5mm each side.

Rich

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyJ said:

So with Alex's support I have got the front ABS sensor working fine so the speedo reads about 3mph high at 70mph. 

Rear ABS sensor is only working up to about 30mph, I think that will be solved by a new ABS rotor. 

I have decided to try an MT10 front mudguard as I have a spare and I like the look. Just got to sort out the brackets next. 

I m doing my best to use ad many off the shelf Yamaha parts as I can. 

My end game is to have a bike that looks like it is standard to anyone who doesn't know the T700. 

Andy

DSC_0288.JPG

Need more info on that front fender when you get a chance.. Looks good, this could be the perfect solution for the front... How is the brake line bracket attached.. The same as on the original fender? 

Aleks 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:01 AM, AndyJ said:

Time to start your own thread! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Need more info on that front fender when you get a chance.. Looks good, this could be the perfect solution for the front... How is the brake line bracket attached.. The same as on the original fender? 

Aleks 

Its early days on the front fender, currently I havn't worked out the brackets yet and I suspect it will touch the forks on the side during compresion - plenty to work on at the wekend if I get time.  I will add more photos when I start solving the problems.

• Like 1

Today's been a good day. 

I've made the spacers for the front axle in steel, which allows me to get a decent torque on the axle bolt so the handling should improve. 

I've got the MT10 front mudguard /fender fitted with minimal modifications. 

I've been for a short road test and everything seems fine!

Next job is to make the rear axle spacer in steel and fit the new ABS rotor which should put the ABS light out. 

And I have to ride to a meeting tomorrow which just happens to be 60 miles away, so she will get a good road test. 

_20200531_110409.JPG

_20200531_110541.JPG

_20200531_110648.JPG

_20200531_110742.JPG

• Like 6

4 hours ago, AndyJ said:

Today's been a good day. 

I've made the spacers for the front axle in steel, which allows me to get a decent torque on the axle bolt so the handling should improve. 

I've got the MT10 front mudguard /fender fitted with minimal modifications. 

I've been for a short road test and everything seems fine!

Next job is to make the rear axle spacer in steel and fit the new ABS rotor which should put the ABS light out. 

And I have to ride to a meeting tomorrow which just happens to be 60 miles away, so she will get a good road test. 

_20200531_110409.JPG

_20200531_110541.JPG

_20200531_110648.JPG

_20200531_110742.JPG

Hi there, nice idea to soft luggage...

Can you show it with more detail? Both sides? Is that the rack for the Canyon soft luggage?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, Lupan said:

Hi there, nice idea to soft luggage...

Can you show it with more detail? Both sides? Is that the rack for the Canyon soft luggage?

Thanks

Lupan,

I have gone for Kriega OS bags.

I have 2 OS6 on the front, one on each side attached to the Touratech crash bars.

On the rear (left) I have 2 OS12's mounted to the Kriega OS-Platform which is mounted to a Kappa rack via home made brackets.

To balance the weight I have monted a Touratech tool box on the rear (right) using a home made btracket. 

On top I have an OS18 mounted using OS-Rack loops on the Yamaha Mono Seat Rack, I also have a small Givi tank bag mounted to a home made top plate on a Kappa rack.

I rekon this gives me lots of combinations which so far has worked.

Let me know if you want any phots and I'll add some more

DSC_0325[1].JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyJ said:

Lupan, 

This is the other side. 

_20200603_130800.JPG

That fender man.. I need more information 😁😉😂

2 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

That fender man.. I need more information 😁😉😂

It's off an MT10, I had to drilled a couple of holes in the fender to mount into the T700 forks, and I drilled a couple of holes in the brackets that hold the reflectors on the forks to align with the MT10 fender. 

All the fixings I used came from the T700 fork guards. 

I can detail it on a word document if that helps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyJ said:

It's off an MT10, I had to drilled a couple of holes in the fender to mount into the T700 forks, and I drilled a couple of holes in the brackets that hold the reflectors on the forks to align with the MT10 fender. 

All the fixings I used came from the T700 fork guards. 

I can detail it on a word document if that helps. 

Yes please if you don't mind.. I'll make the fender brackets from scratch at work to make them fit the mt10 fender and see if I can source one for myself. 

Aleks 

On 6/3/2020 at 6:26 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Yes please if you don't mind.. I'll make the fender brackets from scratch at work to make them fit the mt10 fender and see if I can source one for myself. 

Aleks 

@AndyJ has been helping me out with this fender for the supermoto conversion and I want to thank him again.

Today I've ordered the fender and will hopefully have it on the bike end of this week. 

Also got some bar mirrors for under bar mounting coming up and acerbis handguards. 

Exciting times 😅🤤

20200605162638_IMG_0218.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to start by saying thank you to @AndyJ as he has posted this and send me instructions on how to mound the fender from R1 or Mt10.

For me this is the best esthetic mod I've done after the tail tidy. 

Pictured of the bike and how the fender looks attached below... Stock brake lines are a bit bulky but I've managed to get it to look as close to stock as possible I think. 

Using original fixings on abs cable and middle brake line and drilling some small holes on the side to secure the brake line bridge to the fender...

I am very pleased with the outcome and happy that Gina looks a lot better then before... 🏍️💨🤩📸

IMG_20200612_183012.jpg

IMG_20200612_183041.jpg

IMG_20200612_183006.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Hi Andy, 

If you have the facility to cut and paint the abs rings yourself I can send the dwg file from work on an email.

If not please message me we discuss some details about how I can help you with the discs.

I'm not sure if mine will work on cast wheels as o have used the hole pattern from the T700 wheels and the ones you are using might be different so you might need to change the pcd of the mounting holes, but this is easily changed on my cad file.. 5 min job.. 

I'll help you out one way or another... Aleks 

Hi there Aleks and all you other T7 enthousiast, I'm thinkin of getting a t7 and getting another set of sumo wheels, sounds like great fun. If possible I would love to get the DWG file mentioned in the post above. 

Greetz

T

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T-nus said:

Hi there Aleks and all you other T7 enthousiast, I'm thinkin of getting a t7 and getting another set of sumo wheels, sounds like great fun. If possible I would love to get the DWG file mentioned in the post above. 

Greetz

T

Hello mate, 

I can supply you the laser cut rings painted or un painted for the T700 SM conversion if you want. 

I have done the same for correction speedo and also with Andy for his mt07 wheels. 

Please message me for more details. 

Aleks 

Latest pics of Gina are out 😂... 

Upgrades to follow... Some stiffer springs on the front from ktech... I'll keep people updated on the progress... And once that is in we are aiming for a quickshifter brap brap brap... 👍 🔥 😀😀😀

Aleks 

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

• Like 2