Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sold the t700sm and bought this 🏍️💨💯🤓💙!

Aleksandar13

Good morning all ,thought I'd share my new bike with you guys ... 

I've been wanting a Yamaha mt09sp since they came out ,never came around to test one and always ended up with an adventure type of bike and the latest bike was the t700sm. When this new one came out I actually said to @Rich TT this will be my next bike ... I waited patiently until the SP came out and watched all the reviews as you do ... 😄 On the bikes first impression and thoughts.

It is light 189kg wet ... Should be easily below 185kg once the mirrors are our ,new battery and new exhaust ... Handling is one of the best I've tried out of the box without me touching the suspension... I find myself going in corners comfortable at higher speeds than before and it just holds the line and loves to corner . 

Engine is amazing ,pulls hard from midrange very hard with a nice sound from airbox...at 7k there is a rush in power that comes in ...have only been up to 8k as it's in the 600 miles period at the moment... But this engine is refined ,smooth ,has a beautiful power band and sounds amazing .

Coming from a 6 pot Beringer I thought that the stock brakes will feel a bit crap but they are not ... The feel is great and the stopping power is good ,I'm pleased so far and will only be changing to braided lines at some point when someone has a bolt on kit.

Quickshifter and blipper ... Qs works from 3k rpm ,you don't use the clutch on this bike and it's a light one and slipper as well... Awesome to just pull out of corners and keep the throttle open and bang through the gears.Downblipper is good and works well and it does make life easy especially braking hard and late ..

Comfort ... Seat is ok ,might get the comfort one but this one gets me to about 2h of riding and then I get a bit of pain... Ergonomics are great.

I Am extremely happy with the bike and would recommend a test ride to anyone who wants a naked hooligan that has the perfect power for the road.

Aleks

20210725085900_IMG_2642.jpg

20210725085955_IMG_2647.jpg

20210725090112_IMG_2652.jpg

• Like 8

After all the work you put into the T7... YOU SOLD IT!  

Although the new bike is spectacular, I think you'll come to miss the T7.  

I have a neighbor who has owned more than 200 bikes as he buys, rides and sells continuously.  Yesterday he pulled up on a 2010 GS1200 Beamer after selling the 2021 DR650.  It will never stop @Aleksandar13.  Enjoy your new ride and let us know what the next one is.

• Like 3

Very nice bike Aleks, and logically a better choice for road riding. 

I am fortunate enough to have two bikes including the T7 and a highly modified MT09 (actually three bikes if you include all the extra parts in my garage 🙂 ).

Let the mods begin...

20180907_180805.thumb.jpg.f9eca1250c402cdb481d764580553ae5.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

After all the work you put into the T7... YOU SOLD IT!  

Although the new bike is spectacular, I think you'll come to miss the T7.  

I have a neighbor who has owned more than 200 bikes as he buys, rides and sells continuously.  Yesterday he pulled up on a 2010 GS1200 Beamer after selling the 2021 DR650.  It will never stop @Aleksandar13.  Enjoy your new ride and let us know what the next one is.

Yes I know the hard work and development of the supermoto was fun and unique and I did enjoy that bike a lot ... It run perfect after the tune and the brakes were amazing ... I quickly realised that in order for me to be happy with the bike I needed to get better suspension and that was going to set me back another 2k at least ... Plus I was not always happy with 76whp ,wanted a bit more sometimes so after the test ride I decided to take the plunge ... My life was made easy by the dealer who offered a very good price for my t700sm.

Aleks

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Very nice bike Aleks, and logically a better choice for road riding. 

I am fortunate enough to have two bikes including the T7 and a highly modified MT09 (actually three bikes if you include all the extra parts in my garage 🙂 ).

Let the mods begin...

20180907_180805.thumb.jpg.f9eca1250c402cdb481d764580553ae5.jpg

Thanks I appreciate the kind words ... I'm in desperate need of a full system to get rid of the ugly stock unit ... Got my sport screen today , thanks to powerbronze ... Service booker for the 600 miles oil change on 14th and then she can sing higher in the rev range.

Aleks 

• Like 1

Adjusted the shifter and went out with the new screen from powerbronze... Fantastic bike this is...handles like a dream and that downbliper works a treat now ... Well pleased 😁

IMG20210801101130.jpg

• Like 3

Ah ha! This was only a matter of time. Welcome back to the street bike club! That looks like a much better choice for you IMO. Now someone else is going to get a pretty cool T7 too! 

I hope you post your progress with that bike here, I’d love to see what you do with it. Thanks for all your contributions with the T7! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

Ah ha! This was only a matter of time. Welcome back to the street bike club! That looks like a much better choice for you IMO. Now someone else is going to get a pretty cool T7 too! 

I hope you post your progress with that bike here, I’d love to see what you do with it. Thanks for all your contributions with the T7! 

Thanks... The t700sm should be up for sale soon with the dealer and it has a lot of mods done to it with high quality parts.

I'm not planning major upgrades on this one as it is a very good package to start with. This bike so much fun to ride and has a different level of handling on the road.

Aleks

Thats awesome. Really like that, actually sold my T7 Rally as well:))) ended up buying a new 1250GS rally last years model for a bargin however i remember why i sold my last one. Really noisy and gave me headaches with noisy ear syndrome  so bought a Africa Twin 1100. DCT. Kin ell its good off road.

As a comparison to the T7 ,the suspension is sublime , the off road ability is brilliant and interesting enough i took it up a technical hill climb through some woods and it did it where as my T7 kept kicking out and losing traction,the DCT just powers up it coupled with the Showa suspension is soo compliant.

its behaviour on road is comparible to the GS with cruise control etc.

i did really miss that on the T7.

and bought a CT125 hunter cub as well,has been on order for 6 months tho but should be fun,

However the T7 is really an incredible bit of kit and will likely get another one and stick it on the top of the telly as it looks sooo good!

Edited by Matth
  • Like 1

I think you’ns are all a bunch of turncoats!

Not really tho. Till you have it,modify it. How do you know?

I still own my ‘15 Fz 09. 

Can’t part with her,all she needed was a SC seat, 2 grand in suspension modes, madstad fly screen, and windshield, Woodcraft    handle bars, crash pucks,M4 exhaust, and case guards.

It’s time to come clean Alex!
 We are just bike whores!

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

I think you’ns are all a bunch of turncoats!

Not really tho. Till you have it,modify it. How do you know?

I still own my ‘15 Fz 09. 

Can’t part with her,all she needed was a SC seat, 2 grand in suspension modes, madstad fly screen, and windshield, Woodcraft    handle bars, crash pucks,M4 exhaust, and case guards.

It’s time to come clean Alex!
 We are just bike whores!

Jeff

Jeff, you are probably right ... I've been looking at mt09 back in the day when I was in Germany about 6 years ago.... Always wanted one and now it's here , and I think it's the best one they've made ... This new engine and chassis are so good.

Aleks

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 12:20 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Thanks I appreciate the kind words ... I'm in desperate need of a full system to get rid of the ugly stock unit ... Got my sport screen today , thanks to powerbronze ... Service booker for the 600 miles oil change on 14th and then she can sing higher in the rev range.

Aleks 

Once all the novelty is worn off you are going to miss your T7, but the MT09 (especially the new one) is a worthy replacement. Both have an honesty about them. With lots of torque, ability to pull from low revs right through to redline, total reliability that just lets you hit full gas or ride long distance and not even consider that it might let you down. My MT09 has 46000 kays and I swear since its last service everything has freed up a little more and running better than it ever has.

Now that I own both, which get's the most love? I have fantastic roads and dirt trails for both bikes within 10 minutes of home, and I would call it a tie. But if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to sell one, it would be the MT09 simply because the T7 is more versatile and I can do both dirt and road riding with it. 

• Like 2

I went the other way.. Sold my FZ09 for the Tenere 700. Ideally I wanted to have both but it wasn't in the cards. I'll probably pick up another one in a couple of years though, they are extremely fun in the twisties

9109AE0E-E455-4E13-A316-9FF6E4EFAF4B.jpeg

• Like 3

MotoSouth

www.youtube.com/c/motosouth

Fantastic engine in the FZ09. Took one out recently and a really flexi engine. Very torquey and revvy also. Rare combination for that style!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bth2 said:

yep good choice but where will you put all your luggage???😃

Same as on the t7, soft bag on the back seat if needed... 😊🤓

So I had to go the other way too. Had an FZ10 (first year in Canada) and a Super T, and after 3000kms on the FZ, it had to go. The same would be said of the FZ/MT09. I WOULD LOSE MY LICENSE!!! For all of you that keep these awesomely fun weapons, good luck! I just rode the new MT09, and it is as good, albeit lighter than my FZ10. Me and it would not last long, especially with the speed shifter. 1st through 4th power wheelies were a COMMON occurrence with the FZ. When the front finally comes down at +160kms, it would be a mandatory impound, visit to the local judge and at least a third of my allowable demerit points gone! I like my T7 as I can still wheely it, albeit in first gear, and while I could still receive the above penalties if I tried hard enough, I would need to try. With the FZ10/09, you don't have to try, it just happens...😆😆

Ride safe, and keep your license if you can!

• Like 3

I think I have Yamaha disease...

37 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

So I had to go the other way too. Had an FZ10 (first year in Canada) and a Super T, and after 3000kms on the FZ, it had to go. The same would be said of the FZ/MT09. I WOULD LOSE MY LICENSE!!! For all of you that keep these awesomely fun weapons, good luck! I just rode the new MT09, and it is as good, albeit lighter than my FZ10. Me and it would not last long, especially with the speed shifter. 1st through 4th power wheelies were a COMMON occurrence with the FZ. When the front finally comes down at +160kms, it would be a mandatory impound, visit to the local judge and at least a third of my allowable demerit points gone! I like my T7 as I can still wheely it, albeit in first gear, and while I could still receive the above penalties if I tried hard enough, I would need to try. With the FZ10/09, you don't have to try, it just happens...😆😆

Ride safe, and keep your license if you can!

Yes the aim is to keep the licence and enjoy the bike ... Yes it is a hooligan and an amazing one ...I don't wheelie to much and keep the front down more than others ... Love the cruise control as I use it in town and where there are speed limits.

Aleks

Closing in on 545 miles and the service is booked for next weekend ... Went out for a nice ride today ... On some awesome twisty roads.. what a chassis Yamaha have managed to get here is amazing ... Such a great handling bike...

20210808070506_IMG_2676.jpg

20210808064219_IMG_2665 (1).jpg

20210808064000_IMG_2653.jpg

20210808064024_IMG_2655.jpg

20210808064150_IMG_2663 (1).jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday had the 600 miles service and today my dials are showing 185 miles ... ☺️😛🤣... Love the bike and its very rapid and fun to ride in twisty roads... Dialled the preload on the front and setup the rebound a bit softer and it's better far better... Very happy so far ...need to find a suspension shop to get it properly set up ... Here's some pics from today....🏍️💨💙💯📸😎...

20210815072204_IMG_2693.jpg

20210815072430_IMG_2703.jpg

20210815072408_IMG_2701.jpg

20210815072439_IMG_2704.jpg

20210815074237_IMG_2708.jpg

20210815074344_IMG_2713.jpg

20210815074336_IMG_2712.jpg

20210815072256_IMG_2695.jpg

• Like 2

New full system coming shortly ... Should be in the UK in the next 2 weeks... 

Screenshot_2021-08-15-16-42-24-37.jpg

Congrats! Life too short for owning just one bike. Love is forever, only the target changes.

• Like 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced