Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Skene Lights

kainic

I bought a set of Skene P3 lights with IQ-260-D-TS for the tail end. Instructions seem rather straightforward but I am an electrical newbie and want to make sure I don’t screw things up. I installed proton 500 signals in the rear and not sure what wires to tap into. Any hints from anyone pointing out the rights wires, etc? Thanks all.

Edited by kainic

I attempted to install the P3 lights but of course I must be doing something wrong.  I believe I have everything wired correctly but they are not working correctly.  The P3 LEDs turn on bright red but do not respond (ie, flash) when I apply the brakes (they stay constant red). The P3s also do not blink when I use my turn signals. Although the bikes actual turn signals blink when switched left or right but the P3’s do not blink at all. A few pictures of the temp wiring which will be cleaned up once solved.  Any suggestions?

IMG-1812.jpg

IMG-1813.jpg

IMG-1815.jpg

Edited by kainic

Got all sorted out! I sent an email to Skene and Bill worked with me to get it working 100%.  The key was that I had the white wire hooked up to the wrong tail light wire. It needed to go to the YELLOW not BLUE. That and needed to make sure all posi connections were 100% and all is good.  I used Skene P3 on my Dakar many years ago and these rock on the T700!  

• Like 2

They’re good dudes over there. I have a set of photon blasters on the front and use one of their controllers for my aux lights. 

• Like 1