Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lighter Throttle Spring-Very Nice Improvement

frogan207

On 10/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, jdub53 said:

I put my throttle return spring back to the stock position over the weekend. With it in the lighter position, several times I found when doing slow speed off-throttle maneuvers I accidentally nudged the throttle a tad due to such little resistance there even with the small bit of throttle cable free play I prefer. It was all very subtle, but enough to make me realize the stock spring position really didn't bother me at all, and at least for me is safer than an unexpected throttle bump at the wrong time.   

Very clever idea but I use this throttle assist from Oxford. It removed 99.99% of hand fatigue both when throttling and holding. It is a life changer. 

Oxford Products Ltd (OXFORD) - a global leader in motorcycle and bicycle products. Established in 1973, OXFORD is now one of the world's leading suppliers of products to the...

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I’ve just tried this and the throttle return is too light. How did you get the spring back to its original position ?

cheers man. 

It's been almost a year, but as I recall I looped some .040" safety wire around the end of the spring and after loosening the nut enough to allow the spring to move I pulled on the safety wire to get the spring back into its original position., then tightened the nut again. 

7 hours ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Ive had mine like this for 10k + miles and its perfect for me.

So you weren’t concerned about the spring not closing properly the throttle securely ? The throttle is so much lighter now which I prefer. 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

So you weren’t concerned about the spring not closing properly the throttle securely ? The throttle is so much lighter now which I prefer. 

I haven't had any issues