Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

9 hours ago, Adanac Rider said:

I think It's covered with the ALTRIDER Hemisphere Holster saddlebag  

image.png

You seem to be a real connaisseur 😁

In fact I also tend to through the bottles in one of my cases an cover them with ice cubes - so they're ready to use on arrival 🍻

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 7/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, Rich TT said:

That looks great on the bike. Enjoy the camping. Just come back from two days camping myself with the kids.

Good stuff - kids love camping. 

Real Glad that i can utilise these MT-09 pannier bags onto the Tenere; i adapted them onto my MT-10 and can now use them with T7 too.

They clear the T7’s Exhaust.

I Put some clear vinyl wrap on the T7 side-panels and cable tied hoop to exhaust bracket / foot-rest hanger. These pannier Bags are not any wider that my knees sticking out.

I am Well happy using them.

Top-box stays empty to get the local food in.

E7F4C0DF-E201-4306-8AA1-7AEFCA3BDA3D.jpeg

D3C358C2-1587-4C65-9BF1-A394CFACA689.jpeg

9E62CEFF-40C1-4A2E-B371-BE04F9EB32A9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, łorsoł said:

Commuter... 🙂

TETer... 🙃

spacer.png

What size Blizzard saddlebags are those?

• Like 1

Slowly getting there.. Dug out and added the Mosko Moto BackCountry 35L panniers today.

449930D2-E764-42D6-8055-F33759C7AAB0.thumb.jpeg.0562aebdb5249d0ec785843d7ab8b74a.jpeg 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rhicks said:

What size Blizzard saddlebags are those?

They are the L if my eyesight haven’t failed me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

Slowly getting there.. Dug out and added the Mosko Moto BackCountry 35L panniers today.

449930D2-E764-42D6-8055-F33759C7AAB0.thumb.jpeg.0562aebdb5249d0ec785843d7ab8b74a.jpeg 

My set of 35l bags came in last week and I couldn’t be happier with the choice. Crash test on the trail passed with flying colors.  😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tvileren said:

They are the L if my eyesight haven’t failed me.

Yes, these are Large. 

XRV750 / DRZ400S / G650X / 2T 200EXC / ADV990R / TIGER800XCE690R / TE510 / T700

Photos and movies: https://sites.google.com/view/lorsolek

1 minute ago, łorsoł said:

Yes, these are Large. 

I’ve got xl myself, and very pleased with them 🙂

4 hours ago, TennesseeTenere said:

My set of 35l bags came in last week and I couldn’t be happier with the choice. Crash test on the trail passed with flying colors.  😎

I traded my R80 setup for these last year as I didn’t prefer the R80 setup and how it needed to be packed. I greatly prefer panniers even though they do weigh more. Have had the smaller BackCountry 25L panniers that were discontinued before the Scouts came out. I’ve put those down several times and they have always held up. 👍🏻

Quite like the idea of these small panniers from SW Motech 16ltrs storage each and nice small frames, locked in place when in use and They can be removed quickly when not in use. Hope the AS small alloy rack could be use with them with a dry bag across the seat and a small tail pack on the rack. Very light and easy setup. Has anyone on here got them?

752EC890-6025-4E8C-A4B2-EBFE133A61A4.jpeg

A364CFB4-5D5D-49A2-B473-BE8CBFCECCA9.jpeg

4D5D4022-FEF1-47F2-A447-7CBDA3A54DB8.jpeg

764B8F83-9841-412E-BBF1-00790560FC79.png

Edited by Alf Meister
  • Like 4

For anyone interested, the Kriega pocket fits really well on the handlebars, got it just to put some visor cleaner, wallet, and maybe a portable charger for the intercom, maybe some coins/change, comes of easily with velcro. 

DSCF2346.jpg

Also the Enduristan fuel holster/bottle holder work well on the AS racks, with 2x 1.5L Primus bottles, get close to 3L extra fuel neatly tucked away. 

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2357.jpg

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 7

Just fitted the B&B rear rack, very impressed with the quality. Got stung for import tax into the UK though! 

IMG_20200730_223130.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, Matth said:

Currently have the Adventure pack fitted as that what it came with and some pannier protectors fitted, will use the original frames and fit some magadan soft panniers as extremely good and very strong. About £450 all in. 

Ive attached some pics of the Magadans on my GS

BE0984AB-7CA4-494A-8C2E-436C2DD25817.jpeg

28232771-D621-42F7-A2AE-99610512A13D.jpeg

Hi,

After looking around at alternatives for panniers, I'm looking at taking advantage of the Yamaha 65th Anniversary 10% discount (July/August). This brings them in line with the GIVI's pricing, but I don't think GIVI do the right pannier with an exhaust cut-away like Yamaha offers.

They will be for a round the world trip through Africa and beyond, so need to be waterproof, rugged (and not as wide as a bus, which is why the Yamaha solution appeals compared to others).  How do you rate them against the likes of Touratech and other serious offerings? Do you think they will last? I've not had panniers with plastic corners before...

Your 'protectors' look good too. Are they DIY? Does that mean you have concerns about the panniers or is it just cosmetic?

I look forward to any feedback.

Hi buddy

the panniers protection rubbers is a non slip for my drinkies when i take them camping.

in terms of quality they look great and used them a few times. If i off road i take the Magadans as wont mark if i drop them.

the plastic cappings are only cappings:) im not sure how i would compare against touratech or burmot. I would imagine the last two names are built with long distance RTW in mind. Will take some more pics if that helps.

ok looking ar them i would definitely  say these are only weekend or light use boxes. But are pretty light. Burmots or Zega  pro or soft luggage would be the way to go. However Less stress on the bike with soft as taking a spill with heavyweight ally boxes can bend frames as it can on any bike.

E0638FFE-34CF-4784-8C2E-80EBC3C5E957.jpeg

460CE1CC-6547-4764-ADEE-2E82F89CC3E2.jpeg

4DB98BBD-8787-44A4-BF34-B67B9EC3672B.jpeg

Edited by Matth

On 10/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rugged Roads said:

We've just got our Tenere in the shop, so slung a set of Enduristan Blizzards on it.

These are the Large (total 24Ltr), but the XLarge (total 34Ltr) still have no clearance issue with the exhaust:

LUSA-0007-Blizzard.jpg

If you're riding offroad, you don't carry the same stuff as you would on a pure road trip, right? That’s why Enduristan chose a modular approach for the Blizzard Saddle Bags.

IMG_2519.thumb.JPG.451264dc9cb194ed484fb01776708d99.JPGIMG_2516.thumb.JPG.36eba6423cf4c21e8183debd2ac6dfc4.JPGIMG_2515.thumb.JPG.795547d6dc14e2e3996d2dafd11a117d.JPG

I like these bags alot.  Do these fit when riding 2 up?  Been trying to find softbags for riding with my wife.  But i’m having trouble finding pictures to see if the bags are getting in the way of the passengers feet.  Any input would help.

Cheers🙂

I have the xl bags, and no clearance issue with pillion pegs.

I haven’t ridden two up, but shouldn’t be a problem with the pillion’s legs the way the bags are shaped. If the bags are fitted correctly the top won’t be above pillion seat height wise.

Cheers Thomas

2 hours ago, Tvileren said:

I haven’t ridden two up, but shouldn’t be a problem with the pillion’s legs the way the bags are shaped. If the bags are fitted correctly the top won’t be above pillion seat height wise.

Cheers Thomas

Do you have a photo of them fitted please? 

41 minutes ago, jojitsu56 said:

Do you have a photo of them fitted please? 

Bags are packed in these pics 🙂

CB29C674-2EE7-41F0-92BB-2B00282FC301.jpeg

4CF2550B-284B-4680-8F45-D2E9FDD60C48.jpeg

Edited by Tvileren
  • Like 1

I decided to try a different rack with my Mosko backcountry bags ordered and installed the touratech racks 

much better I think, could be a inch lower but over all I think a better option for the mosko bags   have the outback motortek racks that if anyone wants   $180.00+ shipping there 210.00+shipping from Mosko  only on the bike for a few weeks like new.  message me if interested.  will post some pic's of the new racks    

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tvileren said:

Cheers Thomas

Thanks Thomas🙂

Thanks Scorpion. Just ordered a kreiga pocket for the bars!

wanna use it for storing phone whilst chary!

I just ordered the Tusk racks and top plate......great price, quite adaptable, and I had the same set up on my KTM 690 Enduro R.

For the current time, I am just planning on running a small tank bag and my decent sized Ogio tail bag on the Tusk top rack.

tus_14_pan_rac.jpg
ogio_tail_bag_duffle_stealth_black.jpg

Take whatever you need on your next adventure, be it a day on the open road or a weekend at the in-laws. Eight 16oz beer cans fit without a problem.

Tusk Pannier Racks are perfect for all your motorcycle adventure needs. If you have a Dual Sport Motorcycle and need to haul extra gear, Tusk Pannier Racks have you covered. Made from tough ¾' powder-coated steel tubing, these racks are made to hold up. The 4-point mounting system and 'bumper support' that links both sides, ensures strength while providing protection...

E921F143-95D5-4836-98BF-4FEF5A9B4940.jpeg

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1