On 12/19/2019 at 9:01 AM, slawmir said:

My is smaller😀. I made it myself at home.☺️

WP_20190905_11_17_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20190905_11_59_55_Pro.jpg

Nicely done.  Do you have a patent?

cheers

-Bob

• Like 4

I've just purchased one small enduristan xs 6.5 for daily riding to be mounted on the back seat. 

Once fitted I will report back with pictures. But initial thoughts are that it is very well built. 

Next step after this one might be blizzard. Has anyone purchased them?

• Premium Member

I’ve gone with fitting Givi Trekker 33L

6FE777E8-6D7D-4DD5-AF0C-984E6F6A917F.jpeg

on with the Yamaha rack 

0266BC39-DFB5-48C5-BEC9-9694B4DB4E31.jpeg

Neat top-box and new helmet for Xmas 😁.

• Like 1

Installed the xs 6.5 and must say it is a very nice piece of kit... Feels very well built and it had nice strapping system... Used the 4 points yamaha has kindly provided to secure to the bike. Straps come with holes and reinforced stitches around the hole. 

Look forward to seeing some of the blizzard luggage with owners and getting them for longer trips. 

I am not a big fan of racks on the back of my bike although there is a light one that has caught my eye.

I might design something similar but longer at the back. 

IMG_20191223_115512__01__01.jpg

Screenshot_20191225-185619.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mad said:

I went the hard way and designed and have cnc milled 2 bars out of aluminum 

I tested the fitting with a lot of 3D printed prototypes , I couldn’t be happier ,the all set is less than a kg ..

I’m waiting for a set of nice screws And for the top case ( the screws and the plate are just for testing ) 

sorry for the messy garage, to many project all at once 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That looks amazing.. From a cost point of view would this be competitive to manufacture for people to buy in a PPC finish maybe? 

thank you ! 
Mmmm it depends, maybe anodized is a little cheaper than power coated but the ppc will cover minor imperfections and so needing less finishing !

I didn’t calculate how much would it cost to buy , I’ll leave it for after testing .

Edited by Mad
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rugged Roads said:

We've just got our Tenere in the shop, so slung a set of Enduristan Blizzards on it.

These are the Large (total 24Ltr), but the XLarge (total 34Ltr) still have no clearance issue with the exhaust:

LUSA-0007-Blizzard.jpg

If you're riding offroad, you don't carry the same stuff as you would on a pure road trip, right? That’s why Enduristan chose a modular approach for the Blizzard Saddle Bags.

IMG_2519.thumb.JPG.451264dc9cb194ed484fb01776708d99.JPGIMG_2516.thumb.JPG.36eba6423cf4c21e8183debd2ac6dfc4.JPGIMG_2515.thumb.JPG.795547d6dc14e2e3996d2dafd11a117d.JPG

you said that the XL versions wouldn't have any clearance issue with the tank right? did you test it? are they just wider? can't seem to find any info regarding that.

On 12/26/2019 at 5:00 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

I am not a big fan of racks on the back of my bike although there is a light one that has caught my eye.

I might design something similar but longer at the back. 

Screenshot_20191225-185619.jpg

Do you still have any information on this rack e.g. brand, link?  Can't find it so far.  I am hoping to re-use my Enduristan Monsoon 3 bags when my bike arrives.  This rack might give enough height for the bags to clear the exhaust and save me having to fit a wide, heavy standard pannier rack??  Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bzyl said:

Do you still have any information on this rack e.g. brand, link?  Can't find it so far.  I am hoping to re-use my Enduristan Monsoon 3 bags when my bike arrives.  This rack might give enough height for the bags to clear the exhaust and save me having to fit a wide, heavy standard pannier rack??  Thanks!

Versandhandel mit Zubehör und Ersatzteilen speziell für YAMAHA Ein-...

Try this... I think they are based in Germany.. Good luck 🙂

Tey rh

• Like 1

Kriega bags and Rotopax are in, just waiting for the right plate, which will be available at the end of the month. I'll hopefully mount the left side this weekend. Here are two pics of the plate with the Rotopax's.

IMG_20200103_174230533.jpg

IMG_20200103_174219793.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Heres a setup with the Outback Motortek Rear rack & 80L Mosko Moto panniers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I bought the Adventure Set by SW Motech. 

I find it's excellent quality, but have to admit it's not yet trail tested as i finished fitting it yesterday.

The brackets for the side cases can be removed in 5 seconds if they're not needed. 

The adventure set features three cases and extension bags for the side cases.Oh 

IMG_20200125_1548015_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, qInvention said:

I bought the Adventure Set by SW Motech. 

I find it's excellent quality, but have to admit it's not yet trail tested as i finished fitting it yesterday.

The brackets for the side cases can be removed in 5 seconds if they're not needed. 

The adventure set features three cases and extension bags for the side cases.Oh 

IMG_20200125_1548015_1.jpg

I am also interested in topcase + panniers rack matched to soft bags ... I do not want to be as large as a bus.

The only issue I have with the SW-Motech topcase is the attachement points since I read somewhere that it's not sturdy enough if it falls and the whole rack or attachement points will bend.

Maybe the topcase being 1.5mm aluminium is not enough ... and I should look at Bumot topbox that is 2mm, or some other ones that have a thick bottom and thinner walls.

I am just not sure how solid it needs to be.

The Touratech Zega seems to have a better attachement method as it snaps to the rack itself, no studs or plate or single fragile hasps.

😢

... Still shopping. 

• Like 1

I have a set of Touratech Zega Pro 2 panniers so I have just purchased the first set of pannier frames they have sold or so I was told but as yet I have not fitted them. They look the usual Touratech quality and I had there frames on my old Super Tenere 1200 World Crosser. 

In fact I have just looked at a picture I put up on this site of my bike a while back and a lot of stuff has changed so here is one of mine and my sons bikes

I will try post some pics when the pannier frames are fitted.

Cheers Steve

IMG_E0011[1].JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephen H said:

I have a set of Touratech Zega Pro 2 panniers so I have just purchased the first set of pannier frames they have sold or so I was told but as yet I have not fitted them. They look the usual Touratech quality and I had there frames on my old Super Tenere 1200 World Crosser. 

In fact I have just looked at a picture I put up on this site of my bike a while back and a lot of stuff has changed so here is one of mine and my sons bikes

I will try post some pics when the pannier frames are fitted.

Cheers Steve

IMG_E0011[1].JPG

Can you post a short review of the tank bag, what size and maybe another side view picture... I'm not a big fan of tank bags but it seems to fit the bike nicely and would not interfere with my position. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Can you post a short review of the tank bag, what size and maybe another side view picture... I'm not a big fan of tank bags but it seems to fit the bike nicely and would not interfere with my position. 

Cheers 

Tank bag and bike are mine!

Tank bag is great, sits far enough forward that it doesn’t get in the way of riding sat down or stood up. It was on my 800GS but sits better on the Tenere with the front fitting hoop slung between the frame rails at the headstock where the cables run and the rear on the frame (you can make out where on the photo below).

Cant fault the bag, it’s an Enduristan 4H, has a removable map pocket which fits the iPad in, a removable inner bag and a separator to split the space inside up. It’s never let a drop of water in and doesn’t move on the tank. Only hassle is the fact you’ve got to release it to fill up and with the loose petrol cap it’s a pain. 

Only other photo I’ve got with the tank bag is attached.

64BEF8D4-30AE-489F-AE7A-8BD8C76C7F3D.png

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, Canomball said:

Hi,

I have instaled GIVI SR 2145, and i have made a support wiht 4mm aluminium

Soporte1.jpg

Soporte3.jpg

soporte4.jpg

Soporte2.jpg

Hi, you didn't mount all the pieces of the reack, does it work the same way like that?

Edited by Lupan

Yes, I have not any problem later two monht and i usually use a Top Case Givi 37. I dont mount5 all the pieces because i think that it was a lot of unnecessaty weight

• Like 1