Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

I had no problems! The spacers supplied required the pegs, otherwise it will need a thicker spacer for things to line up. I since looked up the Adventurespec website and I was confused about the fitment information in their questions section.

NO PROBLEM fitment with NO modifications. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, Louis said:

All dressed up, plenty of places to see, just require government permission to go!

20200415_084754.jpg

20200415_083346.jpg

What size Kreiga bag is that? Nice to see the right side of the bike as that's the side that's compromised by the exhaust. Would the 18lt bags fit and clear the exhaust? Thanks.

• Like 1

Making James May look quick!

Hi, they're os12, but I'm not sure if the os18 will work on the exhaust side. I don't have a set to try, but I am sure that they will be able to go on the other side. 

• Like 1

I got my luggage plan ready, now just have to wait for the move to the new house and get a proper workshop to get it done.

Ingredients:

- Few meters of 20mm round steel pipe

- Few flat 10mm pieces of steel

- Pipe bender

- Welder

Then just cut, bend and weld couple of loops. Add  2 mounts, one to rear bolt below the seat and another footpeg.

Idea is to just keep the bags in place and from touching the frame of the bike, NOT to actually carry the weight of the bags.

Get 2 el-cheapo drybags, tie them together and throw over the seat.
Alternatively you can go fancy and get something like Wolfman Expedition bags.

I have 2 bikes with DIY setups like that. One with Wolfman bags must have been over 500 USD in total, out of which 450 went to bags.

Second rack for XT  was built in an afternoon from old broken down camping chair and $15 drybags, total cost $35 😄

I was amazed by the fact that cheap as camping chair option actually lasted over 8000 km before needing any fixing, and even that after it was dropped into river 3 times and picked up by pulling from the rack.

Point being;  I encourage people to try things like this out. I completely lacked the skills to build anything like this, but happened to have access to the required tools. Pipe bender being the most difficult to acquire. But if you get onto it, it will be fun and you will end up with most unique saddlebag rack in the world 🙂

• Like 2

Is there any small side rack (tubular) that is mounted above exhaust, or is there anyone who tried to adapt and mount exhaust higher and closer to the bike ? I've seen that guy from CamelADV did it, but I am not sure if he just mounted it higher or closer to the frame too.

I want side rack that is closest to bike frame as possible, outback motortrek for example are crazy wide. (you can almost mount one small bag between bike frame and rack itself) 

I also want to mount exhaust higher and little bit closer to bike frame too, because it would solve rack problem and original position is bad in my opinion, swing arm is first thing that it is going to be damaged with or without racks. If I succeed to make exhaust higher I could make rack that is almost symmetric but a lot closer to the bike than before. 

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 00.55.33.png

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 00.42.13.png

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 01.47.27.png

Edited by splitdec
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:01 PM, slawmir said:

My is smaller😀. I made it myself at home.☺️

WP_20190905_11_17_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20190905_11_59_55_Pro.jpg

I have something similar! It came with the bike from the previous owner. If you have any tips/photos for mounting bags to the rack id love to hear or see them

900px full size-148.jpg

900px full size-149.jpg

• Like 2

Anybody has the SW Motech Hard cases with the quick release rack ?

Wonder it it would be any good in Offroad Use. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, luapmargni@yaho said:

I have something similar! It came with the bike from the previous owner. If you have any tips/photos for mounting bags to the rack id love to hear or see them

900px full size-148.jpg

900px full size-149.jpg

I like to improvise, so I don't have any particular mounting system. If I was you I would not use the OEM rear seat strip for mounting the bag, I would not trust it.  I use rubber ropes like thisGuma-do-bagaznika-58cm-ekspander-gumy-ek

large.WP_20190912_10_46_50_Pro.jpg.e1b9fc24805719beffab6b49fbb9b495.jpg

Edited by slawmir
  • Like 1

click on the links,go to Downloads,click on Mounting Instructions

the PDF shows it can be mounted with or without the rear rack

many places to strap soft luggage,might offer some protection to the exhaust can,YAMAssHAt should have placed it higher similar to the Stupor Tenere

Edited by vilageidgit62
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 4:44 PM, Canomball said:

Hi,

I have instaled GIVI SR 2145, and i have made a support wiht 4mm aluminium

Soporte1.jpg

Soporte3.jpg

soporte4.jpg

Soporte2.jpg

Hi, can you tell mi if the GIVI SR 2145 rack  causes any annoyance to the passenger? Thanks 

Anyone fitted the Giant Loop MoJavi on the T7?

I'm seriously thinking of going super minimalistic 😉

Cheers Thomas

On 4/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, Gazc said:

Fitted an Adventure Spec rack, it's gives plenty of options for my Kriega luggage and the Rock Straps for my Givi roll bag. It's a quality piece of kit and only weighs about 1.6 kgs, well happy ! 

IMG_3164.jpg

Does this Adventure Spec rear rack have enough real estate to mount an adapter plate to run a top case? I have a SHAD case I want to use on my T7 (when it gets here!) and I like how this has pillion handles. 

And for the wife ride the bike... It seems it's for a "mono rider" i'm wondering to sell my Givi rack and buy the sw motech Set, for top case and soft luggage...

On 4/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, rknoerk said:

With the Backcountry, the exhaust is no issue since the rack provides for adequate spacing. The Reckless 80 ships with an exhaust shield. But as you can see in the pictures you don't even need it. What's nice about the Revolver is that you can change the angle of the bags. I positioned them forward (position 2) to keep them aligned with the foot rests and to follow the slim contour of the bike. On a bigger bike, you would go with position 0 or 1. On a small bike, go up to 3. Ingenious design - in particular when you want to use the bags on another bike. 

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Am I correct in guessing you have the outback motortek rear rack? Does it work well with the Mosko-moto Reckless 80 v3? Can you get a top case connected to it?

Just fitted the OEM mono seat as it provides a good base for my ancient but excellent Kriega tail pack.  On a long trip I empty the tail pack and chuck my throw over panniers over the top...works well for me.  My panniers are pretty knackered now so may get either the Kriega OS or maybe Mosko moto reckless 40. Cheers,  Steve 

20200518_154303.jpg

20200518_154314.jpg

20200518_154344.jpg

• Like 1

I've been asked by pm to post detail pictures of my setup, so here they are.

2x45 L Sidecases - Bike is 117cm wide (!)

20200518_141203.jpg

20200518_141235.jpg

• Like 1

Wow that's some serious luggage.

Just wondering how your T7 handles  when fully loaded ?

Do you travel big distances with that set-up ?

Looks well thought out thou 👍

The T7 being the best bike in the world  it handles excellently! What did you think ?

Honestly, it's good. Riding home frlm the supermarket with fully loaded cases shows still nice handling.

Travelling big distances these days is not so easy. I live in a small country with 3 neighboor countries which all closed their borders...

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, Baggey22 said:

Does this Adventure Spec rear rack have enough real estate to mount an adapter plate to run a top case? I have a SHAD case I want to use on my T7 (when it gets here!) and I like how this has pillion handles. 

Yes, i mounted a Shad SH33 on the same rack!

Rode out with two friends this week-end  on variation of roads...… both friends having 900-1100cc bikes.

My little T7 sits in behind them and covers the routes/distances we travel with absolute ease.

Cannot believe how well it rides and handles on the road.

(No luggage fitted and running on original factory fit Pirellis)

Even after 3 to 4 hrs of constant riding I am very relaxed and still having fun.

I have a Rally seat fitted with enables me to move around nicely while riding.

Physically a tall bike giving great riding position and fantastic view of road ahead.

T7 exceeds all my expectations when using it on the road ! 👍

• Like 3

Can anybody share the dimensions for the four rack mounting points? 

I am waiting for my T7 delivery, but want to create a luggage rack in the meantime. 

/Peter M DK