Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 on the TAT

rd1myers

Another great report on this forum.  Thanks for the super write up and pictures @rd1myers .  The raccoon taking your bag was priceless.  That was an adventure indeed.  Thanks for sharing your memories.  😀

• Like 2

Oh, man, that sounds amazing.  Absolutely amazing.  Gotta love those times where you think you've stuck the landing, only stumble and faceplant anyways, and of course in the mud.  I guess that's a good point in favor of a high mounted fender!

Also: Great job writing it up and formatting; that's one of the best ride reports I've seen.  

• Like 4

@Wintersdark Hey, thanks for the compliment!  

Yes, a high fender kit will be on my T7 soon.  I was toying with the idea of putting one on before the trip.  But, looking at the clearance provided by the standard fender in the high setting, I didn't think it would be an issue.  Boy, was I wrong!  To be fair, the standard fender did great 99% of the time.  If I didn't plan to ride in mud occasionally, I would stick with the low fender.

Cheers!

@Landshark Those damn raccoons!  I must give credit to those sly little bastards ... they would have made off with anything not tied down if we didn't chase them out of camp at 1 a.m.!  I only wish they would've been considerate and removed the sugary oatmeal packets they were after, and left my good coffee and spork at the table.  At least they didn't take my Jetboil.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rd1myers said:

@Landshark

... they would have made off with anything not tied down

We had some orphaned raccoons we raised. Your statement doesn't do them justice. They can untie things, open latches on coolers, work zippers, open boxes of screws and nails... They are adorable, but mischievous.

• Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Great report and super cool to read, along with nice documentation.  Hope you have healed up and are ready for new adventures. cheers

• Like 1

Great experience. And great fun to read and imagine.
A shame the size of the photos, which are barely visible.

• Like 1

Teneré 700 '20

WR250R '10

Ditto on the picture sizes! 

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 7:58 AM, BikeBrother said:

Well, if i see some raccoons drinking coffee, i will tell you...🤔

Drinking coffee. That's how racoons stay up all night to steal your stuff.

On 10/10/2021 at 4:09 AM, Ol'crazy said:

Great experience. And great fun to read and imagine.
A shame the size of the photos, which are barely visible.

Exactly what I was going to say but I enjoyed the report all the same. Glad you were able to ride home.

• Like 1

@rd1myersI too enjoyed the write-up, thank you for taking the time. Your story is so typical of our adventures, with measures of victory and failure, joy and heartbreak. I feel sorry for those who don't partake in life in its fullest.

Season's Greetings,

Chris

• Like 1