Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV - Minimalist Rear Cargo Rack - Yamaha T7

Camel ADV

• 5 months later...

Hi!

I really like the looks of this rack, I have a couple of questions:

- Is it compatible with the OEM mono seat rack? If so, to they form a (more or less) level surface?

- Is it compatible with any kind of grab handles?

Thanks!

Edited by Kilian

• Supporting Vendor
On 3/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, Kilian said:

Hi!

- Is it compatible with the OEM mono seat rack? If so, to they form a (more or less) level surface?

Thanks!

We haven't tried it with the OEM Mono seat rack so I can't comment unfortunately. I don't even know anyone locally that has that rack. I'll have to do some poking around.

I don't know about any grab handles. We have a few prototype bits we're testing but nothing finalized yet.

Cory

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Cory,

Is that a space-age thermal protection system (TPS) shown on your right rear signal or is it an early version of the Turn Signal Anti-Bobble (TSAB)?

Just messing with ya.... Tail rack looks nice!!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 3/22/2022 at 1:14 PM, Kilian said:

Hi!

Thanks!

It would be super close but yes, possible. Worst case would need some minor filing at back of the stock rear corners.  The space shown between is about how much it would drop with the rubber filler i used removed. Took off the OEM metal piece to fit the kriega harness & keep the plastic trunk space. Used 1/8” rubber sheet on everything & grip is much better than on metals. 

Camel rack sits a little lower but kinks up slightly toward the back, so fair enough to call one (uneven) surface. 

Can’t advise on grab handles.

9809EACB-34C2-4CA9-8BC8-A12FFF419BE2.jpeg

FD909F14-B415-4E4E-B710-4CEB5486E9FB.jpeg

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 1

I own one of these but won't be installing, I don't want to drill holes and have opted for the full Adventure Spec setup instead.

I suppose I should list it for sale here so it can find a good home.

• 1 month later...

Just purchased and installed one of these on both mine and my girlfriend's T7s and am playing with the idea of mounting a 1 gallon rotpax container. Both a gallon of water or a gallon of gas would be within the 10 pound rating. Anybody know if the predrilled slots and holes conveniently line up with the rotopax mounts before I order one?

Edited by devind93

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, devind93 said:

Just purchased and installed one of these on both mine and my girlfriend's T7s and am playing with the idea of mounting a 1 gallon rotpax container. Both a gallon of water or a gallon of gas would be within the 10 pound rating. Anybody know if the predrilled slots and holes conveniently line up with the rotopax mounts before I order one?

There aren't any holes or slots that intensionally line up... but that doesn't mean none of them do! 

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 4 months later...

@Camel ADV I would like to install your minimalist rear rack with Adventure Spec side racks. Do you happen to know if it's manageable?

Found below info (attached as print screen from another inmate) regarding the spacers of Adventure Spec.

So, if knowing the length of your spacers can check if possible the integration.

Thanks

Adv spec side racks spacers.JPG